Why does the universe exist?

Why does the universe exist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
327d

@fmf said
An answer to my question - about the thing you daid - would have been more interesting than this bit of generic banter.
It rose to the level of the question, i.e. not high at all, thus the snark value, sort of a 'snark for snark'.

F

Moves
327d

@suzianne said
It rose to the level of the question, i.e. not high at all, thus the snark value, sort of a 'snark for snark'.
You're still dodging the question.

rain

Moves
327d

@suzianne said
If you were an eternal being and made a kitchen cabinet, would that kitchen cabinet be eternal just because you are?
It could mean the materials used to assemble that cabinet always existed.

"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed"--- Law of Conservation of Mass

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
327d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Eternity consists of an endless series of 'big bangs' and 'big crunches.'
Then it would not have "always been here", but rather a series of universes, one after the other.

Like death, there's no visiting "the other side", and no record detailing anything from a prior universe. It might as well not exist (for us, anyways).

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
327d

@suzianne said
Then it would not have "always been here", but rather a series of universes, one after the other.

Like death, there's no visiting "the other side", and no record detailing anything from a prior universe. It might as well not exist (for us, anyways).
It's the same universe. Matter has always existed, in one form or another. It merely goes through periods of expansion and shrinkage.

Planet Rain

Moves
326d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's the same universe. Matter has always existed, in one form or another. It merely goes through periods of expansion and shrinkage.
I think reality is much, much bigger than a single universe.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
325d

@soothfast said
I think reality is much, much bigger than a single universe.
I'm open to that idea.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
325d
3 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Matter, at the moment just prior to the Big Bang, was entirely composed of energy. E=mc² solved for “m” is m=E/c²

I think that’s correct.

Edit: which could be the mathematical formula for creation.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
325d

@divegeester said
Matter, at the moment just prior to the Big Bang, was entirely composed of energy. E=mc² solved for “m” is m=E/c²

I think that’s correct.

Edit: which could be the mathematical formula for creation.
Indeed, 'one form or another.'

And a mathematical formula perhaps for a creation event in an endless cycle of creations.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
325d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Indeed, 'one form or another.'

And a mathematical formula perhaps for a creation event in an endless cycle of creations.
Sure maybe.

However the formula indicates that given sufficient power and control then it is possible that there could exist a being capable of manipulating energy into matter.