What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Presumably, you want me to stop mentioning this: Are you going to apologize to your fellow Christian - divegeester - for accusing him of having contempt for the Gospels or are you just going to brazen it out?
Nope.....

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
Nope.....
The post you are replying to - the question it contains - is not addressed to you; it's addressed to sonship.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 18

The post you are replying to - the question it contains - is not addressed to you; it's addressed to sonship.
Well I still say "nope"........

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

It was not addressed to you and it concerns an incident you were not involved.

Moves
03 Jan 18

OK. Whatever.
Good, that’s that then. For now at least.

Moves
03 Jan 18

Lol, rather than just acknowledge that you made an error.

I wonder what it was you thought you were saying “nope” to.

Moves
03 Jan 18

You're hoping for 11 people to indulge your silliness in the same way as I do? All of them? There are 6-7 pertinent responses to your OP by non-believers on the first couple of pages. For all genuine intents and purposes, you have just ignored them. I can't remember ever giving anyone a thumbs down.
Feel free to highlight any of the comments that you think highlight hope given by another word view.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Feel free to highlight any of the comments that you think highlight hope given by another word view.
Like I said, there are 6-7 pertinent responses to your OP by non-believers on the first couple of pages. For all genuine intents and purposes, you have just ignored them. Even if you think your OP was somehow clever, can you at least understand why it might be seen as naive and silly by non-believers?

Moves
03 Jan 18

Like I said, there are 6-7 pertinent responses to your OP by non-believers on the first couple of pages. For all genuine intents and purposes, you have just ignored them. Even if you think your OP was somehow clever, can you at least understand why it might be seen as naive and silly by non-believers?
Of course it is obvious why someone who is not given any hope by their particular worldview, would see a question pertaining to the hope their world view gives them as silly. But from my perspective it is a genuine question that hasn't been answered.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

Of course it is obvious why someone who is not given any hope by their particular worldview, would see a question pertaining to the hope their world view gives them as silly. But from my perspective it is a genuine question that hasn't been answered.
What makes you think non-Christians have worldviews that give them no hope? You must have led a strange life if that's what you sincerely believe. Why do you think there is any onus on non-believers to try to replace whatever hope you get from yours with the hope they get from theirs?

Moves
03 Jan 18

What makes you think non-Christians have worldviews that give them no hope? You must have led a strange life if that's what you sincerely believe. Why do you think there is any onus on non-believers to try to replace whatever hope you get from yours with the hope they get from theirs?
When did I say they should replace my hope? I am simply asking what hope their world view gives them. They that have some kind of hope are welcome to share it those that don't have any hope don't have to say anything.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18
1 edit

When did I say they should replace my hope?
In your OP. You asked non-believers to provide you with a better worldview than yours as an alternative to your belief in Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

I am simply asking what hope their world view gives them.
Well, you know about mine.

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

They that have some kind of hope are welcome to share it those that don't have any hope don't have to say anything.
Do you sincerely believe that non-believers have worldviews that give them no hope? Or are you getting in a tangle and, in fact, asserting that non-believers have worldviews that would not give you as much hope as you get from your belief in Jesus Christ?

F

Moves
03 Jan 18

I challenge you all to provide me with a better worldview that you feel is superior to the Christian faith.
"Superior" according to whom?