What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
If there was any hope offered by any of them that you could point you I'm sure you would.
The challenge is a rather naive and nonsensical one. The fact that your particular set of codified superstitions gives you a sense of hope does not create any obligation on anyone's part to replace, increase, compare or alter that hope with anything else. You should invest your personal hopes in whatever you want. It's fine for you to believe that "apart from the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for the human race", but it doesn't affect anyone else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
You have “left” this site and returned so many times it’s like your on a piece of elastic!

So he left and returned.
So he left and returned.
Big deal!

Two things I wish some of you would stop mentioning as really significant:

1.) How many chess games someone played before posting in forums.

2.) The fact that someone left and returned.

F

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Two things I wish some of you would stop mentioning as really significant:

1.) How many chess games someone played before posting in forums.

2.) The fact that someone left and returned.
Presumably, you want me to stop mentioning this: Are you going to apologize to your fellow Christian - divegeester - for accusing him of having contempt for the Gospels or are you just going to brazen it out?

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The challenge is a rather naive and nonsensical one. The fact that your particular set of codified superstitions gives you a sense of hope does not create any obligation on anyone's part to replace, increase, compare or alter that hope with anything else. You should invest your personal hopes in whatever you want. It's fine for you to believe that "apart from t ...[text shortened]... urrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for the human race", but it doesn't affect anyone else.
It's a simple question. Does your belief system provide you with any hope? You don't have to feel embarrassed or upset if it doesn't. Just man up and say so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 18

Presumably, you want me to stop mentioning this: Are you going to apologize to your fellow Christian - divegeester - for accusing him of having contempt for the Gospels or are you just going to brazen it out?
Just go on being brazen about it.

F

Moves
02 Jan 18
1 edit

It's a simple question. Does your belief system provide you with any hope? You don't have to feel embarrassed or upset if it doesn't. Just man up and say so.
What you hope or don't hope is irrelevant to me. Your belief system does not offer me any hope whatsoever.

One would have to at least feel some partial confidence that the things you believe are true and real for it to provide some sort of consolation or solace (hope) during one's lifetime.

As for my own hopes in life, as you well know, I have talked many times [often on threads about the 'end times' and the state of the world] about my optimism and positivity, about my family and children, about my work [and other ways I can have an impact on people around me and my wider enviroment], and about my hopes for my neighbourhood, my region, my country and the world based on the changes I have and continue to witness for myself all around me and according the empirical evidence.

For further details, browse those threads if you can find them.

F

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Just go on being brazen about it.
Is this deceit part of Jesus" flowing out" of you? Or is it in spite of Him, to your way of thinking?

Moves
02 Jan 18

What you hope or don't hope is irrelevant to me. Your belief system does not offer me any hope whatsoever.

One would have to at least feel some partial confidence that the things you believe are true and real for it to provide some sort of consolation or solace (hope) during one's lifetime.

As for my own hopes in life, as you well know, I have talked ma ...[text shortened]... rding the empirical evidence.

For further details, browse those threads if you can find them.
Yes you have hope for this lifetime while you remain in good health and while your family and friends are still alive and in good health. What hope do you have when those things are taken away?

F

Moves
02 Jan 18

FMF: "Hope" for what?

A better future for one.
So you would feel a lack of hope without your religious beliefs. Why do you think this is something that people who don't have your religious beliefs are required to address?

F

Moves
02 Jan 18

Yes you have hope for this lifetime while you remain in good health and while your family and friends are still alive and in good health. What hope do you have when those things are taken away?
What other "lifetime" is it you want me to speculate about?

Moves
02 Jan 18

So you would feel a lack of hope without your religious beliefs. Why do you think this is something that people who don't have your religious beliefs are required to address?
This is a debate and discussion forum. No one is obliged to answer any questions that they aren't comfortable answering. I am aware of the hope that I find in my religious beliefs. I am interested in what hope if any you have with your belief system. If you feel you have nothing to offer to this discussion feel free to say nothing. That is perfectly fine.

Moves
02 Jan 18

What other "lifetime" is it you want me to speculate about?
In this lifetime, if you lost your job and family and friends would you have any hope? If so, what hope would you have and why?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 18

To be fair though I wouldn't have much hope in my own righteousness either Raj.
You really dont know the bible, but continue to peddle your false church doctrines. Nobody has hope in their own righteousness neither does anyone around here proclaim their own righteousness except a few arrogant Christians .. like you and sonship and a few others.

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You really dont know the bible, but continue to peddle your false church doctrines. Nobody has hope in their own righteousness neither does anyone around here proclaim their own righteousness except a few arrogant Christians .. like you and sonship and a few others.
Aren't you the one claiming that your righteousness, good works and your ability to follow the commands of Christ can save you? If not, feel free to set the record straight.

F

Moves
02 Jan 18
1 edit

In this lifetime, if you lost your job and family and friends would you have any hope? If so, what hope would you have and why?
My hopes, optimism and positivity - integral parts of my character - would centre around and tackle whatever the challenges and realities were that arose in the wake of losing my job and family. Surely it would be the same for you?