What is

What is "wrong" with the world today?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
sorry suzianne, but ive got to disagree with you here. it doesnt sound 'four horsemen'at. things may occur more often due to the massive increase in population. but if they ratio of them happening is getting smaller then society is improving.

things are better now than they have ever been. the question i always ask, but vary rarely get an answer to, is - what time in history would do you think was better to live in and why?
The following is my summary of the Four Horses of Revelation.

I believe the revealing of the White Horse and Rider is first, because it is the prominent feature that begins the endtimes events leading right in to the tribulations of those days. This Rider on the White Horse is the spirit of the Antichrist or the Mahdi, savior of Islam, who rides in peacefully with a bow, signifying a position of strength, but with no arrows, so that he can deceive Israel into thinking he has peaceful intentions. So he is given a crown and declared King for his ability to negotiate peaceful agreements and goes about conguering and conquering by the deception of peace.

The peace from the White Horseman is short lived, because the Jihad spirit of the Red Horse is unleased by which they kill each other because of their sharia law and inability to remain peaceful with each other and because of their hatred of Israel and Christians. So they are gathered to go to war against Israel causing great shedding of blood by war, which is symbolized by the great sword.

But before these two Horsemen can finish their ride, a Black Horse and Rider is unleashed that is another demonic spirit of Islam with the intentions of toppling the economic systems of the Capitalist Christians and Jews by attacking their commerce. All this leads to economic hardship for those not having the ability to buy and sell throught the mark of the beast empire of Islam. However, they are not allowed to harm the servants of God, symbolized by the oil and wine.

Then finally, the Pale Green Horse and rider represents the full release of the Islamic demon spirits to wreak havoc in the Great tribulation period with all four horsemen riding with the intent to conquer Israel and the whole world with every means possible. Satan's wrath is now fully unleashed at this time through the Islamic beast empire.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The following is my summary of the Four Horses of Revelation.

I believe the revealing of the White Horse and Rider is first, because it is the prominent feature that begins the endtimes events leading right in to the tribulations of those days. This Rider on the White Horse is the spirit of the Antichrist or the Mahdi, savior of Islam, who rides in peace ...[text shortened]... wrath is now fully unleashed at this time through the Islamic beast empire.

The Instructor
One question. Pale Green? Where do you get that?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Sep 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Actually, because there are more people on this planet than ever, there are more of these things than ever.

More war.
More famine.
More disease.
More suffering.

Sounds a bit like a certain Four Horsemen, doesn't it?
Because there are more people on the planet there is more happiness!

Surely if we are talking about "the world" we need to look at proportion?

And NOW is surely the best of times to live.

Suzianne - I challenge you to give a better period in history. ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 13
1 edit

One question. Pale Green? Where do you get that?
You know where I get this because you commented in the thread that I explained the following concerning the translation:

(Revelation 6:7-8 New American Standard Bible)

In the margin of the NASB concerning the "ashen horse" it gives "or sickly pale." Most translation have "pale horse" but some have "pale green horse."

Now by doing a word study of the Greek word we can actually determine which of these translations are more accurate on the color of the horse. The Greek word "chloros" translated here is given number 5515 in Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance and comes from 5514 with the prime meaning of "green". Strong's gives the translations for 5515 as greenish, green, pale. I would like to point out that "chlorophyll" also comes from this word "chloros" which is the pigment in plants that makes them green.

So there is no reasom why all the translators did not translate the word as green unless they did not like the idea of a green horse. In fact the same word with the exact same spelling is translated "green" when used with grass in Revelation 8:7 and with any "green" thing or tree in Revelation 9:4.

So I have no doubt that this horse is of a greenish color like the color of Islam.

SEE
http://biblehub.com/revelation/6-8.htm

The Instructor

L

Moves
07 Sep 13
1 edit

Just yet another attempt to get the atheists here to think of someone besides themselves.

So you're saying that he feels that things are better now than they've ever been before simply because he's here now? Or is that your opinion?

Sorry, I still don't see how your guess trumps my guess. Would you think it does because it's your[/i ...[text shortened]... ]My guess is you'll still have this bad attitude at any time of month, so that's out.
You either suck at reading comprehension; or you cannot help from projecting negative character traits onto atheists where there are none; or both. There is evidence for both in this post.

Here's some evidence for your sucky reading comprehension:

So you're saying that he feels that things are better now than they've ever been before simply because he's here now?

Huh? No, I didn't remotely say that.

And here's some evidence for your unwarranted projections onto atheists:

Just yet another attempt to get the atheists here to think of someone besides themselves.

Huh? Stellspalfie's reply had nothing whatsoever to do with thinking only of himself or herself.

I'll break his/her reply down for you. First, stellspalfie raised the same objection against your "more war, more famine, etc, etc" line of reasoning that wolfgang has raised: that you fail to understand how these factor proportionately. So far, you have not mustered a response to this seemingly valid objection. Second, stellspalfie claimed that things are better now than ever before. (And if you don't understand this claim or what underlying reasons prompt it, perhaps you should just ask for clarification. That would be better than leveling bizarre, head-scratching accusations of selfish thinking.) Third, he/she asked a question that you failed to address.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 13
3 edits

Originally posted by whodey

I've always said, everyone has a devil and everyone has a notion of how to achieve salvation from that "evil". We all innately have a sense of right and wrong even though we may distance ourselves from those terms as being relative. Men like Marx thought the issue boiled down to economics. Men like Frued thought that it boiled down to dysfunctional childhood rearing etc.

So what is wrong with the world today in your own words?
Uninformed voters.

Facebook's relentless probing for personal data.

Reading has gone out of fashion.

Excessive amounts of naughty chemicals in processed foods.

One right thing: there's still 16 oz. in a lb. Here. For now.

Postscript: On a lighter note, there are now only 109 days to shop until Christmas, 2013,
(providing Nostradamus got it wrong, lol). Still a nice thread, sir whodey. Good job.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q12012/nostradamus-predicted-the-coming-iran-war333/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 13

Originally posted by LemonJello
You either suck at reading comprehension; or you cannot help from projecting negative character traits onto atheists where there are none; or both. There is evidence for both in this post.

Here's some evidence for your sucky reading comprehension:

[quote]So you're saying that he feels that things are better now than they've ever been before simply ...[text shortened]... ons of selfish thinking.) Third, he/she asked a question that you failed to address.
Distraction, obfuscation, misdirection, and outright lying.

Do carry on, but let me know when you plan to do better than a mere stage magician. So far I see absolutely no reason to answer you at all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 13
1 edit

So I have no doubt that this horse is of a greenish color like the color of Islam.
Really. Is this a "magical" green horse? I know of no green horses today, or ever. That's why they didn't translate it as green. Strong's gives the second meaning as "yellowish pale", or what most people would describe today as "ashen".

But then, describing it as "green" fits in well with your anti-Islam ranting.

Moves
07 Sep 13
1 edit

In other words, if you're having a good day, then the entire population of earth is having a good day.

Tell that to the refugees of Darfur (just to start). Tell that to the rebels in Syria who died by the hundreds after being gassed by Assad. Tell that to the Tibetans who now live under Chinese domination. The world's poor, her homeless, her dead. Te ...[text shortened]... What you may mean to say is that things are better now than they've ever been for you.
well actually no, things are not the best they have ever been for me. the last few years have been very difficult. but i understand that when you look at the globe as a whole rather than individual cases that the world is a better place than it has ever been. im not sure what point you are trying to prove by cherry picking individual cases. i didnt say everybody is happier, i said on average the planet is happier.

once again i challenge you to pick a time in history that was nicer to live in (on average) than now.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 13
2 edits

Really. Is this a "magical" green horse? I know of no green horses today, or ever. That's why they didn't translate it as green. Strong's gives the second meaning as "yellowish pale", or what most people would describe today as "ashen".

But then, describing it as "green" fits in well with your anti-Islam ranting.
Do we have "yellowish pale" horses? Why would they translate the same word with the exact same spelling "green" when used with grass in Revelation 8:7 and with any "green" thing or tree in Revelation 9:4? Why not "yellowish pale" grass and any "yellowish pale" thing or tree?

I think the colors are not meant to be the true colors of real horses, but are of symbolic meaning just like the beasts. Maybe, it has nothing to do with Islam, but it is clear to me that Islam is an anti-Christ religion and deserves my anti-Islam rantings.

The Instructor

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Sep 13

Originally posted by whodey
I've always said, everyone has a devil and everyone has a notion of how to achieve salvation from that "evil". We all innately have a sense of right and wrong even though we may distance ourselves from those terms as being relative. Men like Marx thought the issue boiled down to economics. Men like Frued thought that it boiled down to dysfunctional childhood rearing etc.

So what is wrong with the world today in your own words?
Livin' on the edge

There's somethin' wrong with the world today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes

We're seein' things in a different way
And God knows it ain't his
It shore ain't no surprise

Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge

The light bulb's gettin dim
There's meltdown in the sky

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I

[Chorus:]
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself from fallin'
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself at all
Livin' on the edge
You can't stop yourself from fallin'
Livin' on the edge

Tell me what you think about your sit-u-a-tion
Complication - aggravation
Is getting to you

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
Even if it wasn't would you still come crawlin'
Back again
I bet you would my friend
Again & again & again & again & again

Tell me what you think about your sit-u-a-tion
Complication - aggravation
Is getting to you

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
Even if it was would you still come crawlin'
Back again
I bet you would my friend
Again & again & again & again

Something right with the world today
And everybody knows it's wrong
But we can tell 'em no or we could let it go
But I'd would rather be a hanging on
[Chorus]

Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
[Chorus]

Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself
You can't help yourself
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself at all
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself
You can't help yourself
Livin' on the edge
You can't help yourself
You can't help yourself
Livin' on the edge

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
08 Sep 13

Private property is what is wrong with the world today.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Sep 13

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Private property is what is wrong with the world today.
Private property is what is right with the world today.
Public property is what was wrong with the world a few decades ago.
Fortunately the world got smart and those economic systems that relied heavily on public ownership of property came crashing down from the weight of its own stupid ideology.
Thank goodness for that.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
08 Sep 13

We can't evolve. We must be changed by our Creator, Lord and Savior.

The Instructor
i didn't use "evolve" in the strictest of physical terms, but your assessment would make things a lot easier

try to think outside of the box 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Sep 13

Originally posted by josephw
Livin' on the edge

I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes

We're seein' things in a different way
And God knows it ain't his
It shore ain't no surprise

Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge

The li ...[text shortened]... e edge
Here is the visual, if you want to see what is "wrong" with the world today.

The Instructor