Vote

Vote

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"God is infinite having no cause. All that is finite and created have a cause. The Bible teaches that God is eternal (Deut. 33:27). “ From everlasting to everlasting you are God” (Ps.90:2). To be certain we both understand that God is eternal;
as well as the fact that when God creates a human soul at birth in His likeness, that soul isn't disposable. That's why.
So your claim here (in order to overcome the challenge "how can anything be eternal outside of god" ) is that human souls are eternal in nature from birth. Do you have specific biblical references to support such a claim?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Posted by divegeester:
1) the confused morality of your interpretation of God's righteousness expressed in John 3:16 and your claim of the same God creating the suffering of eternal flesh melting incineration.

Grampy bobby reply:
God is Just which means He's fair. If in His Scales of Justice decisions for Christ result in eternal happiness with ...[text shortened]... ng [i]separated from God? God is love; He has offered a grace gift. Reject it at your peril.[/b]
When you say "doesn't it stand to reason", are you saying that you have figured/reasoned this out and decided it is true irrespective of the moral and scriptural contradictions?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
So your claim here (in order to overcome the challenge "how can anything be eternal outside of god" ) is that human souls are eternal in nature from birth. Do you have specific biblical references to support such a claim?
Ecclesiastes 12:7

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

When you say "doesn't it stand to reason", are you saying that you have figured/reasoned this out and decided it is true irrespective of the moral and scriptural contradictions?
God's Attributes of Perfect Righteousness and Justice and Unfailing Love result in this logical rationale.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jul 14

Originally posted by checkbaiter
For those who believe in Jesus Christ, he has paid the price for their sin and given them the gift of life in the age to come. Those who do not believe in him will pay the penalty for sin themselves. How? By dying twice, once in this life and once and for all in the lake of fire, which is referred to as the “second death” (Rev. 20:6,14). Everlasting life ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/where-are-the-dead-what-happens-if-or-when-you-die
I may have misunderstood you in one of the threads, I thought you were a proponent of the eternal burning doctrine.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 14

I may have misunderstood you in one of the threads, I thought you were a proponent of the eternal burning doctrine.
As far as I have been able to suss out, no, he's not. Like me, I believe he believes in annihilation, not eternal torture. Of course, I invite him to come tell us himself.

Did you create this thread to get an actual handle on how many here in this forum are on both sides, or just to begin discussion?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
As far as I have been able to suss out, no, he's not. Like me, I believe he believes in annihilation, not eternal torture. Of course, I invite him to come tell us himself.

Did you create this thread to get an actual handle on how many here in this forum are on both sides, or just to begin discussion?
Both but mainly to find out who's who. I have been recently been astonished at what my fellow Christians believe about the god of john 3:16 and wanted to call people out. I see that not many are willing to air their dirty dogma in public.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 14
1 edit

It is extraordinary that the belief that god has created a place of eternal burning in agony for those who are not Christians is even accepted at all; let's consider it's importance:

- It is not required for salvation

- It is not required for day to day Christian living

- It is not required for entering into the spirit

- It is not required for preaching the gospel

- It is not required for judgement, as "second death" is not eternal life suffering

It is not required at all, and yet many Christians here will hold to it like it is gold.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Jul 14

- It is not required for salvation

- It is not required for day to day Christian living

- It is not required for entering into the spirit

- It is not required for preaching the gospel

- It is not required for judgement, as "second death" is not eternal life suffering
Are there any beliefs you hold because of one of the reasons you list?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Are there any beliefs you hold because of one of the reasons you list?
Being a Christian is one I guess. Not sure what you mean.