1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 07:422 edits
    What would be in it from the previous versions, what would be omitted and what would you add?

Edit; Assuming God were rewriting it that is.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 07:47
    God would add footnotes indicating when a verse or passage was a metaphor and further explain that metaphors were not to be taken literally.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 08:51
    @divegeester said
    God would add footnotes indicating when a verse or passage was a metaphor and further explain that metaphors were not to be taken literally.
    Footnotes could still be misinterpreted. I think God would play it safe and put all the obvious metaphors in a purple font.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 09:25
    @divegeester said
    What would be in it from the previous versions, what would be omitted and what would you add?

The Book of Revelation seems to be the most bogus item in the NT.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 09:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Footnotes could still be misinterpreted. I think God would play it safe and put all the obvious metaphors in a purple font.
    I would support this amendment.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 09:54
    @fmf said
    The Book of Revelation seems to be the most bogus item in the NT.
    Definitely needs a rewrite.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 09:58
    God would also change the title to:

How I did it
    A guide to being a better person
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 11:41
    @divegeester said

My version of The New Bible
    - the complete life, sayings, commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Feb '23 11:58
    @divegeester said

Don’t remove anything. Add Notes to indicate which bits were situational only and not meant for everyone forever (e.g., Leviticus, applied only to the priest class, the Levites, returning to the Temple from exile); which bits are allegorical (the whole of the Book of Genesis); which bits are not actually rigid rules but more sort of guidelines (thou shalt not kill); which bits were embellished pseudo-history with a moral (the flight from Egypt); which bits are really essential to live in peace with one’s neighbors (love God, love your neighbor, love yourself); a clear indication in what form He intended His purpose for man to be carried forward (whether by the sword, by burning heretics, by forced conversions, by planting flags on continent’s beaches and claiming entire continents and their indigenous populations for Spain or for England, or not, as the case may be); whether “upon this rock I will build my church” meant an inner esoteric ‘church’ of the heart or an exterior exoteric institution which owns property and tv stations, crowns kings, and wages wars.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '23 00:59
    @divegeester said
    Definitely needs a rewrite.
    Maybe. Yeah, just get some ecclesiastical operative in the Vatican to claim he's had a "vision" and write some new opaque mumbo-jumbo that direct-line-to-God "thought leaders" [fundraisers] can use to bedazzled the masses and increase the power of corporate Christianity.
  11. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 01:49
    @FMF
    You're going to hell buddy.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 01:58
    @my2sons said
    You're going to hell buddy.
    Do I need to think different things?
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 02:171 edit
    @divegeester said

add: The Book of Enoch !! it was left out because it proved there were extra-terrestrial aliens ! they took Enoch in their space ship !
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 06:53
    @mlb62 said
    add: The Book of Enoch !! it was left out because it proved there were extra-terrestrial aliens ! they took Enoch in their space ship !
    ”All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”[/b]

2 Tim: 3.16

And written hundreds of years before the Council of Nicaea decided what’s what.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '23 09:14
    @mlb62 said
    Always with the aliens...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree