The Human Spirit

The Human Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
I knew you could do it. You made your assertion without slyly couching it in some leading question.
I am still waiting for the answers to my questions. And they are not "leading" questions. They are simple "Yes" - "No" questions that correspond to the assertions you have made about me. They could scarcely be more straight-forward and attentive to what you have been saying.

There has been nothing "sly" going on. My assertion about the narcissism and misanthropy of your religious beliefs is not something that has ever been a secret and I have been making it for more than 10 years. I have been open and honest about it for all that time.

I don't think the narcissism and misanthropy that imbues your dogma makes you "evil" though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

Continuing on the subject of the human spirit:

Most of the people in the world may not even know about Paul's epistles.
Let's say billions do not. Let's say maybe millions do not.

Since I believe the Bible is a revelation from God to all the earth, the spirit and soul and body would apply to them as well.

Paul said God had revealed something to the philosophers on Mar's Hill. They were not practitioners of Judaism. But Paul said their poetry had some truth in it.

This sermon of Paul at the philosophical center called the Areopagus is in Acts 17:19-34.

This is a passage we Christians often point to to demonstrate that just because some ancients did not have the Hebrew Bible doesn't mean they had their hands on no truth.

"For in Him [God] we move and are, as even some poets among you have said,

For we are also His race." (Acts 17:28)

Some of the pagan poets and thinkers knew that somehow man is of the "race" of God or related to God as his offspring.

It would not shock me if some other cultures had some idea that there was a realm in man deeper then the human soul, deeper then the mind, emotion, and will.

I don't need to search for it right now. I have the clearest teaching about it in the New Testament.

F

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
I knew you could do it. You made your assertion without slyly couching it in some leading question.
I know you believe my motives for posting are "unbelievably evil".

Do you believe yours are too?

F

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

@sonship said
Continuing on the subject of the human spirit
Has your human spirit been "firing on six cylinders" on this thread?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 20

John was in his spirit when he had the visions to the book of Revelation.

"I was in spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, ... etc. etc. (Rev. 1:10)

Some English version might render this that he was in the Spirit [captital S].
I think the thought was he was in HIS spirit.

Three more times in Revelation John speaks of major visions accompanying the fact that he was "in spirit".

"Immediately I was in spirit; and behold, there was a throne set in heaven, and upon the throne there was One sitting." (4:2)

The vision of the Creator happened while John was exercising his spirit.

"And he carried me away in spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven hears and ten horns." (17:3)

The vision of the Woman riding upon a monsterous beast occured while John was in spirit.

"And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and hight mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God." (21:10)

John's vision of the consummation of the church occurred also while he was in spirit.

All these verses refer to the regenerated human spirit of the disciple John.

F

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
John was in his spirit when he had the visions to the book of Revelation.

"I was in spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, ... etc. etc. (Rev. 1:10)

Some English version might render this that he was in the Spirit [captital S].
I think the thought was he was in HIS spirit.

Three more times in Revelation John sp ...[text shortened]... e he was in spirit.

All these verses refer to the regenerated human spirit of the disciple John.
Is copying pasting Bible texts like this evidence that you are experiencing "an entire dimension to human life" [see what you posted on page 5] that is "not being experienced" by me [and billions and billions of other human beings]?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

Man with a damaged human spirit is missing something.

There is a God shaped vacuum in man, you might say. Only God Himself can fill that part.

The design of man is depicted in the design of the temple of God.
In the temple of God there is the outer court. And within that Outer Court there is a place called the Holy Place. And within the Holy Place is an innermost chamber called the Holy of Holies.

The outer court corresponds to the body.
The holy place corresponds to the soul.
And the holy of holies corresponds to the innermost human spirit.

These three main chambers of the tabernacle and the temple symbolize the parts of man - the body and soul and spirit. It could be viewed as three concentric circles with the outermost circle being the body, the in-between circle signifying the soul, and the innermost circle (like a bull's eye of a target) symbolizes the spirit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

The human soul carries out three functions - mind + emotion + will

If you think about it, every action you take involves the operation of these three parts of your being. The mind thinks, the emotion feel, the will acts.

Or we might say the functions of the soul are - mind, emotion, will.
You think on a matter.
You like or dislike the matter.
You activate your will to DECIDE the action concerning the matter.

All that we do involves the operation of the mind and emotion and will.
These are the functions of the human soul.

The human spirit has three functions as well. And these are deeper then the mind, emotion, and will. These operations occur in a deeper part of our being.

They are what has been well described as fellowship, intuition, and conscience.

The human spirit is the "organ" designed to have fellowship with God.
The human spirit is the "organ" designed to have an intuition sense about reality.
The human spirit is designed to have moral conscience.

Now there is one other part of man mentioned in the Bible. It is called "the heart". What is the heart ? By examining all the verses in the Bible that use heart it has been determined by students of God's word that the heart contains ALL the functions of the soul plus ONE of the functions of the spirit.

The heart consists of the mind + emotion + will plus the conscience.

All of the parts of the soul plus one part of the spirit make up what the Bible calls "the heart" . As some of you might see the heart connects the soul and the spirit. The channel between the two linking them together is conscience.

I stop here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
There is a God shaped vacuum in man, you might say. Only God Himself can fill that part.
Acknowledge the source of the quote!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
The human soul carries out three functions - mind + emotion + will

If you think about it, every action you take involves the operation of these three parts of your being. The mind thinks, the emotion feel, the will acts.

Or we might say the functions of the soul are - mind, emotion, will.
You think on a matter.
You like or dislike the matter.
You acti ...[text shortened]... irit[/b]. The channel between the two linking them together is conscience.

I stop here.
Good grief. Utter waffle.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said

I stop here.
...and all the people said...

F

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
The heart consists of the mind + emotion + will plus the conscience.
Putting aside your metaphorical use of the word "heart", which is in reality an organ that pumps blood around the body and not a part of the body where thoughts and beliefs reside, can we take from this post above that your definition of the human spirit for all human beings, regardless of whether or not they are members of your religion, boils down to 'mind, emotion, will and conscience'?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jan 20

@fmf said
I am still waiting for the answers to my questions. And they are not "leading" questions. They are simple "Yes" - "No" questions that correspond to the assertions you have made about me. They could scarcely be more straight-forward and attentive to what you have been saying.
It is extraordinary how difficult it is to get straight responses from to simple questions from sonship who hems and haws, prevaricates, dodges, spam-bombs the thread pouring multiple "fire-sand" posts on top of the topic to dowse the flames of his awkwardness.

- Is a belief in the trinity a prerequisite for salvation? - he erroneously believes it is but is too embarrassed to be unequivocal

- does he or his church leaders differentiate between, or regard differently Christians who are member of the local church group and those who are not? - again cannot get a response, and why... well it won't be because he thinks they are all equal irrespective of which church they belong to!

Even posters such as SecondSon are pulling him up on some of his strange beliefs.

F

Moves
08 Jan 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
It is extraordinary how difficult it is to get straight responses from to simple questions from sonship who hems and haws, prevaricates, dodges, spam-bombs the thread pouring multiple "fire-sand" posts on top of the topic to dowse the flames of his awkwardness.
The motives behind my posting are allegedly "unbelievably evil".

But it's OK because apparently EVERYBODY is "unbelievably evil".

Even sonship is "unbelievably evil", he said so.

But when asked if he believes the motives behind HIS posting are "unbelievably evil" too, on account of EVERYBODY being "unbelievably evil", including him [according to him] - then he goes silent and ignores the obvious and organic questions that are rooted in the narcissistic hypocrisy he is exhibiting and which correspond directly to what he is asserting about "evil".

And then he'd have people believe that he has a human spirit that is firing on more "cylinders" that people who don't share his religious beliefs.

If there is integrity and coherence in the way he is posting ~ instead of the misanthropy and anti-intellectual egocentricity that I am sensing ~ then I cannot fathom what it is.

It just comes across as a kind of malignant self-ordained spam-bombing-only-no-questions-please 'holy' vanity.

F

Moves
08 Jan 20

@sonship said
If your spirit is not born of the Holy Spirit an entire dimension to human life is not being experienced. This is like a six cylinder car running on only four of its cylinders.
What evidence do you have to show that your own "spirit" is running like a six-cylinder car and not a four-cylinder one?