The fear of God

The fear of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jul 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
My reply wasn’t in any reasonable interpretation “a bucket of snark”. I simply will not be drawn on a speculative alternative to what I know WON’T be happening. This is what the hellers try to do all the time “oh divegeester you don’t even know what is going to happen so how can you judge us on what we think is going to happen”. (My quotation marks for effect).

The on ...[text shortened]... e specific and in keeping with KellyJay’s OP, or b) start a thread on it an invite me to contribute.
First of all, neither of us buy into KJ's OP, so I don't understand your trying to hide behind that.

Secondly, my question IS focused, as much as you want to try to evade it. Given your habit of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, vis a vis the Book of Revelation, if you toss ALL of it out as some sort of "bad dream" with zero revelatory basis, I'm just trying to cut through all the "same old, same old" bitching about eternal torture by asking you what you DO believe about mankind's end.

But, as usual, you refuse to talk about substance, only to fall back on your one-trick-pony of "you're wrong and you should be ashamed" schtick.

We all know that is your whole raison d'etre of your coming in here every day, I'm just giving you a chance to be positive about your own beliefs instead of constantly negative about the beliefs of others, for once.

F

Moves
25 Jul 19

@suzianne said
I'm just trying to cut through all the "same old, same old" bitch about eternal torture by asking you what you DO believe about mankind's end.
Are you an anihilationist?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jul 19

@fmf said
Are you an anihilationist?
I've only spoken about this numerous times in this forum. Have you not been paying any attention beyond smacking Christians down for believing in a Savior?

Of course I believe in the concept that the price for unrepentant sin is the second death, the soul's annihilation in the Lake of Fire. I've only said as much many times, and my position has never wavered on this.

F

Moves
25 Jul 19

@suzianne said
Of course I believe in the concept that the price for unrepentant sin is the second death, the soul's annihilation in the Lake of Fire.
Thanks for reiterating it.

F

Moves
25 Jul 19

@suzianne said
Have you not been paying any attention beyond smacking Christians down for believing in a Savior?
My main debating issue with the Christians who propagate it is the moral incoherence of the eternal torture ideology. I have no objection to people believing in a "Saviour". I have never once, ever, "smacked" you - or sonship - or KellyJay - or Eladar - or anyone - down for "believing in a Savior". I have repeatedly welcomed the positive effect it has on many Christians' lives. Have you not been paying any attention?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 19

@suzianne said
This is an unapologetically good point.
You think everyone here is sinless except for those people who we can all name as evil? It took but one sin corrupt all mankind, we can not be 99.99999% right with God it’s all or nothing.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You think everyone here is sinless except for those people who we can all name as evil? It took but one sin corrupt all mankind, we can not be 99.99999% right with God it’s all or nothing.
I'm not sure an omniscient God would agree with that reasoning.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jul 19

@suzianne said
First of all, neither of us buy into KJ's OP, so I don't understand your trying to hide behind that.

Secondly, my question IS focused, as much as you want to try to evade it. Given your habit of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, vis a vis the Book of Revelation, if you toss ALL of it out as some sort of "bad dream" with zero revelatory basis, I'm just trying to c ...[text shortened]... ositive about your own beliefs instead of constantly negative about the beliefs of others, for once.
What is it you want, for crying out loud?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not right, is not right, along the lines of being pregnant you are, or you are not.

IP

Moves
25 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You are someone who finds it easier to diminish another instead of looking at the points raised.
The 'points raised' being that anyone who doesn't believe in your god is going to eternal hell and damnation? Okay, I've looked at the points raised, now what? That kind of intellect doesn't need much diminishing, it does a fairly good job of diminishing itself. Consider yourself diminished.

IP

Moves
25 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@sonship

The 'good news' is that we are all incredibly fortunate to have life.

Don't waste a second of it fearing a non existent deity.
May I just take a few seconds of life to concur with this philosophy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jul 19

@indonesia-phil said
The 'points raised' being that anyone who doesn't believe in your god is going to eternal hell and damnation? Okay, I've looked at the points raised, now what? That kind of intellect doesn't need much diminishing, it does a fairly good job of diminishing itself. Consider yourself diminished.
I'm unconcern about that, what I am concern with is with two points only, first is God is good, second we are not. You may feel like Hell isn't worth the time and effort to discuss, so don't discuss it. If it is a reality and yet you could care less about it, when the time comes when we are confronted with it, feeling diminished will be the least of your problems! If it is not a reality, than nothing said here is going to matter one wit. The reality of it will not be altered by how we vote on it here, how we feel about here, or anything to do with us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What about one who is perfectly good and just?

Moves
26 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Is there a fear of God in you, if not, you have no idea, none what so ever what God is like.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Romans 3:18
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Acts 9:31
So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And wal ...[text shortened]... the living God.

1 Peter 2:17
Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
The Spider Crystals of Arcturus have a not-quite-parallel understanding in that they believe in an Unknowable Resonator Who Sings the Cosmos into Being in some kind of mystical cymatic process.

Those transitory beings among the spider crystals who develop the understanding of this greater context which has given rise to Everything including their own little occurrences might decide to hum along or behave in harmonious ways, but more out of respect and reverence and appreciation rather than fear.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
What about one who is perfectly good and just?
Him either.