1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 00:472 edits
    Is there a fear of God in you, if not, you have no idea, none what so ever what God is like.

Proverbs 1:7
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Romans 3:18
    “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Acts 9:31
    So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.

2 Corinthians 5:11
    Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.

Colossians 3:22
    Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.

Acts 13:16
    So Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said: “Men of Israel and you who fear God, listen.

2 Corinthians 5:11
    Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.

2 Corinthians 7:1
    Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

Hebrews 10:31
    It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1 Peter 2:17
    Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 00:561 edit
    @kellyjay said
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Aren't you simply calling people "fools" for not sharing your personal opinions about "God"?

And aren't you simply using the scripture that forms the basis of your personal opinion about "God" to call them "fools"?

And, if so, isn't this simply you creating your own little confirmation bias thing here in the hope that this thread might be an echo chamber for the airing of your personal opinion about "wisdom"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 01:11
    @kellyjay said
    Is there a fear of God in you, if not, you have no idea, none what so ever what God is like.

So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And wal ...[text shortened]... the living God.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. Romans 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Acts 9:31 So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied. 2 Corinthians 5:11 Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience. Colossians 3:22 Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. Acts 13:16 So Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said: “Men of Israel and you who fear God, listen. 2 Corinthians 5:11 Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience. 2 Corinthians 7:1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 1 Peter 2:17 Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

What does this repetition of the word "fear" achieve?

Are you preaching to the choir here?

Do you have a motion for debate?

Fear as attempted coersion? Fear as a counter to "fee will"? Fear as a deterrent?
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 01:16
    @kellyjay said

So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And wal ...[text shortened]... the living God.

More affirmation of god telling you "love me or I will torture you forever".
    That sounds more like extortion or terrorism.
    Little wonder Satan rebelled. Maybe Satan IS the good guy here.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 01:36
    @caissad4 said
    The warning is that God is good, and we are not. I'm not at all surprised you justify the devil over the goodness of God.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 01:40
    @kellyjay said
    The warning is that God is good, and we are not. I'm not at all surprised you justify the devil over the goodness of God.
    Then I am sure you would just love living in North Korea, praising the Dear Leader.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 01:56
    @caissad4 said
    Then I am sure you would just love living in North Korea, praising the Dear Leader.
    A good God, redeeming evil men, you find fault in that? It isn't good men standing before an evil god. The thing you should fear is that God is good, and you are not.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 02:04
    @kellyjay said
    A good God, redeeming evil men, you find fault in that? It isn't good men standing before an evil god. The thing you should fear is that God is good, and you are not.
    I would not sanction, rape, genocide, slavery, torture, incest, child sacrifice, and a myriad of other atrocities which you and your god endorse.
    I am decidedly more moral and just than you and your evil god.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 02:13
    @caissad4 said
    I would not sanction, rape, genocide, slavery, torture, incest, child sacrifice, and a myriad of other atrocities which you and your god endorse.
    I am decidedly more moral and just than you and your evil god.
    Well examples are in order.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 02:18
    @kellyjay said
    If you are indeed "wicked and evil" as you have claimed many times, I have no reason on Earth to believe that you are somehow "redeemed" by your religious beliefs. If you are not a good man, then you are not a good man. Your dreams of everlasting life and your worship of a man who has been dead for thousands of years is not convincing, I'm afraid, and nor are your beliefs and assertions about "fear".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 02:24
    @caissad4 said
    I am not so sure about KellyJay's God figure directly endorsing "rape, genocide, slavery, torture, incest, child sacrifice, and a myriad of other atrocities" but, according to KellyJay's ideology, his God figure accepts and forgives "rape, genocide, slavery, torture, incest, child sacrifice, and a myriad of other atrocities" in return for belief in Jesus.

Meanwhile, people who most certainly do NOT engage in "rape, genocide, slavery, torture, incest, child sacrifice, and a myriad of other atrocities", but who don't share KellyJay's personal opinions about supernatural beings, are apparently urged to brace themselves for an eternity inexplicable anger and cruelty ~ which KellyJay's narcissism assures we 'deserve'..
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 04:04
    @caissad4 said
    I. Does evil exist?

Yes, obviously. Of course, perhaps you do not believe such a thing as a metaphysical evil exists, and you may believe that evil is relative, but it is undeniable that terrible things happen in the world.

What is the just end for evil things?

God brings us "cosmic justice."

II. Who goes to hell?

We got one list that talks about drunkards, fornicators, etc. going to hell, and there are plenty of other areas that hint at those who blaspheme God will go to Hell...

But a lot ofthis is very open.

God punishes those who knew with many stripes, and those who did not know with few stripes.

Let's not assume that everyone who isn't X is going to hell and then reject God because we believe that is too far.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 06:532 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Nobody comes to Christ through fear.
    Nobody comes to Christ through fear of hell and punishment
    The person who is afraid is not (yet) perfected in love
    Perfect love casts out all fear.

1 John 4:8
    There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
    KJV

Your ideology is not optimal KellyJay
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 06:561 edit
    @kellyjay said
    My humble advice is to stop obsessing over good vs evil and the punishment fits the “crimes against god” as you call them, and begin focusing on the completeness of the atonement.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 07:19
    @KellyJay

“It is common to say that we are doing something out of love when we are actually doing it out of fear. Love and fear are complete opposites. So be honest with yourself, are you doing it out of love or are you doing it out of fear?”

Teal Swan

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree