1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 07:04
    @caesar-salad said
    The Spider Crystals of Arcturus have a not-quite-parallel understanding in that they believe in an Unknowable Resonator Who Sings the Cosmos into Being in some kind of mystical cymatic process.

Those transitory beings among the spider crystals who develop the understanding of this greater context which has given rise to Everything including their own little occurren ...[text shortened]... behave in harmonious ways, but more out of respect and reverence and appreciation rather than fear.
    The FSM jokes have all been done.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 09:22
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Him either.
    Why would that be true since the world was cursed for one act of disobedience?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 09:34
    @kellyjay said
    Why would that be true since the world was cursed for one act of disobedience?
    Clearly, the whole Adam and Eve thing is a story. (At best a metaphor for creation). As such, there was no 'one act of disobedience' no 'fall of man.'

Wake up sir and smell the coffee. (Preferably a cappuccino).
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 10:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Clearly, the whole Adam and Eve thing is a story. (At best a metaphor for creation). As such, there was no 'one act of disobedience' no 'fall of man.'

Wake up sir and smell the coffee. (Preferably a cappuccino).
    You deny scripture, and you tell me what God is and is not like.
    Not sure where you get your information from.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 02:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @KellyJay

“It is common to say that we are doing something out of love when we are actually doing it out of fear. Love and fear are complete opposites. So be honest with yourself, are you doing it out of love or are you doing it out of fear?”

Teal Swan
    Love and fear are not complete opposites I loved and feared my dad, they can both be present and pointed to the same one. I can love and fear God, it isn't any difference both emotions can be valid and healthy. Love draws me to Him, while the fear of Him keeps me from sin.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 02:58
    @kellyjay said
    Love and fear are not complete opposites I loved and feared my dad, they can both be present and pointed to the same one.
    Did your dad threaten to torture you?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 03:01
    @kellyjay said
    Love draws me to Him, while the fear of Him keeps me from sin.
    Replace "sin" with "angering him", and you have the template for women being unable to escape from a wife-battering husband because of "love".
  8. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 05:35
    A high level of knowledge brings more fear and responsibilities. It may bring relief when you're doing things right but you never trust the mere flesh. This we need another strong desire in positive feelings and emotions which may have no less of a basis upon truth and wisdom.

I don't really fear passing out of all thought because of my faith.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 05:481 edit
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    A high level of knowledge brings more fear and responsibilities. It may bring relief when you're doing things right but you never trust the mere flesh. This we need another strong desire in positive feelings and emotions which may have no less of a basis upon truth and wisdom.
    A high level of knowledge

By "high level of knowledge" do you mean carefully memorized and internalized religious doctrine?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '19 05:50
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    I don't really fear passing out of all thought because of my faith.
    I think this is one of the key psychological roles of religious faith.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 13:32
    @kellyjay said
    Love and fear are not complete opposites I loved and feared my dad, they can both be present and pointed to the same one. I can love and fear God, it isn't any difference both emotions can be valid and healthy. Love draws me to Him, while the fear of Him keeps me from sin.
    I disagree.

I never feared my Dad. What I was afraid of was disappointing him.

If one loves God, it is similar. Fear is not necessary, except maybe for those whose love is incomplete.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 13:43
    @suzianne said
    I disagree.

If one loves God, it is similar. Fear is not necessary, except maybe for those whose love is incomplete.
    A child should never fear a parent.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 14:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    A child should never fear a parent.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger.
    Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '19 16:50
    @suzianne said
    I disagree.

Good point, I will say I did more than disappoint my dad growing up.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 07:47
    @suzianne said
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger.
    Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
    I don't think walking in the fear of the Lord is like having to run away of a mad dog, or seeing a deadly snake draw near. It is more like working on a high power line knowing the amount of voltage can kill, so you do what needs done, the exact way it needs done to complete your task and remain safe. It is a healthy respect towards God, perfect love does remove all fear, I wish we were all filled with perfect love we would be treating God and each other a lot better than we do.

Acts 9:31
    So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree