The Father is greater than I

The Father is greater than I

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 21

Q : What do you do if you meet a preacher of Christianity who tells you to do things Jesus never said to do, and the things Jesus did say you must do, he says they are not important ?

A : RUN !!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 21
3 edits

@medullah

I steamed the bathroom up yesterday; my son steamed the bathroom out too.

Are we to conclude that my son and I are the same person to ? No, because although we do similar things and have near identical traits, that doesn’t make us the same person. I am older and wiser than him.

But in the intimate subjective experience of God the believers cannot detect any separation between the Father and the Son. Look how Paul speaks of the experience of Triune God, moving seamlessly between interchangeable titles.
=======================================
"But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him.
But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you. "(Rom. 8:9-11)

===============================

Paul is speaking of their subjective enjoyment of the God who indwells them.
Paul goes from title to title such that the Persons are inseparable.
No separation can be detected in this indwelling God.

"The Spirit of God" indwelling them is also "the Spirit of Christ" within them.

"The Spirit of Christ" indwelling them is the same as "Christ" who dwells in them.

"The Spirit of God" within them is "Christ" within them.
"The Spirit of Christ" indwelling them makes them belong to '"Christ" and to he "of Him".

Not only so but the "Christ" indwelling them is the same as "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead" indwelling them.

Do you see how in man's subjective partaking of God He indwells them in such a way that man can detect no separation. "The Spirit of God" is "the Spirit of Christ". And "the Spirit Christ" is "CHRIST". This is the Christ who has come to live WITHIN the spirits of the believers.

And the "Christ" within them is seamlessly identical with "the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead" who dwells in them. This is a fantastic reality. "Christ" is "the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead".

This is the Trinity who is not for doctrinal dispute but for the indwelling, the inward living within the believers.

Moves
08 Jul 21
1 edit

@sonship
May I ask sincerely if you also post your prepared texts on other sites?

Only asking because I know how unappreciative some of us can be (yes, including me), and you must put a lot of time and thought into preparing and formatting your posts, so I hope you also have some other forums where these have a more appreciative readership.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 21
2 edits

@sonship said
@medullah

But in the intimate subjective experience of God the believers ity who is not for doctrinal dispute but for the indwelling, the inward living within the believers.
Does your conscience not bother you to post suchmisinformation over and over and over. Paul clearly spoke of the DISTINCTION BETWEEN AND GOD.

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV)
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (1 Corinthians 15:28 KJV)

The idea that Christ = God is a false doctrine.

GOD IS THE HEAD OF CHRIST
CHRIST IS SUBJECT TO GOD.
THERE IS NO EQUALITY

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 21
2 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

I copy by hand verses from the Bible before me. These are not "prepared texts". These are truths that I live by and I know where to find and write them out from my Bible. (Sometimes I do cut and paste a portion of ministry).

No, I am copying afresh most of the time. It is a win/win activity for me. I get to enjoy afresh the word of God and perhaps others may derive blessing.

I have participated in other forums.

Only asking because I know how unappreciative some of us can be (yes, including me), and you must put a lot of time and thought into preparing and formatting your posts, so I hope you also have some other forums where these are better received.

Thanks for the consideration. I am made happy if one person on his or her own opens up their own Bible and decides to take a look. I am overjoyed if I can influence a person (agreeing or not agreeing with me) to go back to their Bible with interest to see what its all about.

I believe then the Holy Spirit can speak EXPRESSLY to each heart in a much more detailed and personal way to their specific need. This is how I came to Christ. I am just foolish enough to believe that there are others who may come to Christ in a similar way.

And for those who know Christ, it cannot hurt for them too to go back and read for themselves the word with interest and eagerness.

Moves
08 Jul 21

@sonship said
@Kevin-Eleven

I copy by hand verses from the Bible before me. These are not "prepared texts". These are truths that I live by and I know where to find and write them out from my Bible. (Sometimes I do cut and paste a portion of ministry).

No, I am copying afresh most of the ...[text shortened]... it cannot hurt for them too to go back and read for themselves the word with interest and eagerness.
Thank you, @sonship. I appreciate your reply.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 21
4 edits

How are we doing folks?
Can you see it yet?

WHO . . . WHO IS THE ONE who comes to LIVE within the believers? Who is He?
Is He three, four, one or what?

He is "the Spirit of God" coming into you.
Oh the "the Spirit of God" is also "the Spirit of Christ" coming to indwell you.
Now it gets interesting indeed. "The Spirit of Christ" coming to you is "CHRIST" Himself coming to you. To live within your heart.

Now it gets even more interesting. "Christ" coming to live in you is the coming of "the One who raised Jesus from the dead".

But if the One in me is the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead then how can He also be Jesus Christ who rose from the dead?

This is the trinity as the indwelling living three-one eternal life.
It is like God going through a process with a goal of imparting Himself into us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 21

@sonship said
How are we doing folks?
RUN !!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jul 21
2 edits

Romans 8:9-11 shows the experiential side of the Triune God imparting Himself into people.

Paul writes as if his audience knows exactly what he is talking about.
Only one living God indwells them.
And this one has interchangeable titles.

"The Spirit of God"
The Spirit of Christ
Christ
The Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead."

Those with whom this Spirit has come cannot tell any difference.
But Christ Himself in Romans 8 is in two places at one time!

Christ is at the right hand of God interceding for those who are His.
"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus who died and,
rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (v.34)

But wonderfully this Christ is also within the saved making them His own.
"Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him,
But if Christ is in you . . . " (vs.9,10)

How then can we not say that God is in Christ and Christ is in God?

Moves
08 Jul 21
3 edits

@rajk999 said
Q : What do you do if you meet a preacher of Christianity who tells you to do things Jesus never said to do, and the things Jesus did say you must do, he says they are not important ?

A : RUN !!
I don't believe there would be a need to run. That seems fearful and untrusting.

Why not just calmly abide in the One Who Is Truth?

Somewhere I read there's an Essene saying:
"Don't let yourself be whirled around by external events."

(Obviously I need more practice with that one. 😉 )

Moves
08 Jul 21

@sonship said
@Kevin-Eleven

No, I am copying afresh most of the ...[text shortened]... it cannot hurt for them too to go back and read for themselves the word with interest and eagerness.
RE: "prepared texts" -- that was just my clumsiness in phrasing.

I only meant the posts that you took time to prepare, by selecting some verses, maybe some quotations, and including your own commentary, plus the formatting for emphasis. That's all I meant. Similar to preparing a lesson or sermon.

Moves
09 Jul 21

@sonship said
How are we doing folks?
Losing interest in you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 21
3 edits

It is pretty clear that Jesus saying "The Father is greater than I"
is hardly a sentence nullifying how greatly He is exalted and the focus of the
Bible. . . . " Far above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but in that which is to come."
(Eph. 1:21)

Moves
09 Jul 21

The office (can’t think of a better word) of Father is greater than the office of son. Son is a temporary status and Jesus will hand over all things (the kingdom) to the father. And yet his name remains about all names.

The only way this is possible is if God is one entity, one person, and not three, not a multiheaded god.