1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 06:47
    Tell us how Jesus saying "The Father is greater than I" means we should not totally worship Jesus.

Here are two places where Jesus said the Father was greater than He:

"My Father , who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are one." (John 10:29,30)

[b]"You have heard that I said to you, I am going away and I am coming to you. If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 10:273 edits
    @sonship said
    Tell us how Jesus saying "The Father is greater than I" means we should not totally worship Jesus.
    Jesus and the whole bible says to worship God.
    Jesus said we [who keep his commandments] are His brethren
    Jesus said to pray to God
    Jesus said God is His Father
    Jesus said God is our Father as well
    Jesus is not God and not the Father
    Jesus and Paul said we are sons of God [who keep the commandments]
    Jesus is also the Son of God
    The angels in Revelation said [twice] sons of God do not worship each other
    Jesus told Satan that only God is to be worshipped
    Pauls said God is the Father and Jesus is the mediator
    Nobody in the bible every said to worship Jesus.

I have references to support every one of the above.
    Tell me if you want them.
    But I know you dont care for truth.
    Your heart is with the church.
    Not God, Not Christ. Not truth.
    You are a church mouse, following false doctrines of men
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 10:57
    @sonship said
    Who is “us” ….

Are you a trinity or something?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:01
    @sonship said
    Tell me / they / him / he …

How is Jesus in the highest place with the name that is above ALL names
    Philippians 2:9
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:041 edit
    Many have pointed out over the years that Jesus indeed did say the Father is greater than He. I ask how does this mean I should not totally devote love, affection, regard and worship to Jesus.

The first point offered by Rajk999 is:

In the Bible is Psalm 2 where God speaks to the world:

"Kiss the Son lest He be angry and you perish from the way; For His anger may suddenly be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in Him" (Psalm. 2:12 RcV)

Try not to be distracted now from the main point by something else here.

God says to Kiss the Son.

New King James Version
    Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way,

Amplified Bible
    Kiss (pay respect to) the Son, so that He does not become angry, and you perish in the way

Christian Standard Bible
    Pay homage to the Son or he will be angry and you will perish in your rebellion

Douay-Rheims Bible

Embrace discipline, lest at any time the Lord be angry,

Contemporary English Version
    Show respect to his son because if you don't, the LORD might become furious

In these translations of Psalm 2 God commands his Son be held in awesome regard, respect, affection, even worship.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:052 edits
    In Revelation 5:12,13 see how the universal worship is eventually towards God who sits on the throne and the Lamb of God His Son - co-equally and together.

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb who has been slain to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.

and every creature which is in heaven and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.

And the four living creatures said, Amen. and the elders fell down and worshipped." (Rev. 5:12-14)

Jesus saying "the Father is greater than I" does not stop that all nations should "Kiss the Son" and all the universe in heaven, on the sea, under the earth and everywhere renders praise to the God and the Lamb (the Redeemer, the Son of God)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:161 edit
    @sonship said
    Many have pointed out over the years that Jesus indeed did say the Father is greater than He. I ask how does this mean I should not totally devote love, affection, regard and worship to Jesus.

The first point offered by Rajk999 is:

In the Bible is Psalm 2 where God speaks to the world:
    ...[text shortened]... of Psalm 2 God commands his Son be held in awesome regard, respect, affection, even worship.
    Do you know how to show respect, pay homage etc to the Son, it is by keeping His commandments. [As usual I have references if you want them]. Kissing the Son, hypocritically like Judas [and like you] leads to nothing but damnation. Praying to Jesus and worshipping Jesus is not in the bible. You can rant, and bray, but you are nothing but a liar, promoting your false doctrine to lead people to damnation.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:321 edit
    @divegeester said
    Who is “us” ….

Are you a trinity or something?
    Obviously, "us" refers to us who are reading the posts.

No, "us" did not mean everyone who agrees with sonship.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:411 edit
    Jesus said to pray to God

So far I see one noteworthy objection only. That is that the homage paid to the Son in Psalm 2 does not constitute worship.

I will look into this.

In the mean time Revelation 5 definitely had the worship of every creature going to God and to His Son the Lamb. This is a unique revelation in the entire Bible.

Before He goes to the cross Jesus says believe in Him as believe in God.
    John 14:1

King James Bible
    Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

New King James Version
    “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

New American Standard Bible
    “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Jesus here teaches our attitude towards God as believers in God should also be our attitude in Him the Son of God as believers and trustors in the Son of God.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 11:491 edit
    Stephen was the first Christian martyr.

Stephen PRAYED to the Lord Jesus as he was being stoned to death.
    Jesus STOOD in Heaven at the right hand of God to pay respect to this first one DYING for the name of Jesus.

"And he said, Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God. (Acts 7:55)

But they cried out with a loud voice and covered their ears and rushed upon him with one accord. (v.57)

And they stoned Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said,

Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!

And kneeling down, he cried out with a loud voice, Lord, do not hold this sin against them. And when he said this, he fell asleep." (vs.59,60)

Be careful now that the Devil does not deceive any of you to think that this was not Stephen PRAYING to the Lord Jesus as he was being stoned to death.

The maddened mob shutting their ears so that they could not bear to hear worship toward the Son of Man. Are some here also seething with hatred towards the Son and any praying and worship towards Jesus?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 12:01
    Praying to Jesus and worshipping Jesus is not in the bible.

Stephen died calling and petitioning Jesus. That was praying.

The Apostle Paul prayed to the Lord Jesus to remover a thorn of physical affliction from him THREE TIMES. And the Lord Jesus answered Paul.

" . . . a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, in order that I might not be exceedingly lifted up.

Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He has said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness." (See 2 Cor. 12:7-9)

Though Jesus said "the Father is greater than I" Paul and Stephen both prayed, petitioned, besought Jesus in entreating PRAYER.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 12:03
    We all should Kiss the Son of God today.
    We should all say to Him Lord Jesus, I LOVE You. I just LOVE You Lord Jesus.

The wisest thing you ever will do friends.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 12:271 edit
    @sonship said
    We all should Kiss the Son of God today.
    We should all say to Him Lord Jesus, I LOVE You. I just LOVE You Lord Jesus.

The wisest thing you ever will do friends.
    You are a liar and a deceiver. Your father is Satan and not God. You would find nowhere Jesus tells people to do that. You would find that it is Satan that wants people to worship him or tells people to worship him ... not Jesus Christ who clearly that it is ONLY GOD, HIS FATHER, that must be worshipped.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Matthew 4:8-10 KJV)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 13:246 edits
    Rajk999 says;

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Matthew 4:8-10 KJV)

This is a good point.
    Jesus quotes Deuteronomy to Satan when Satan was tempting Him. Only worship to God is to be
    made. Even Jesus says so.

This is a noteworthy point.
    As those of us who are serious Bible students, we learn what is written and we learn ALSO it is written.

Also it is written in Revelation 5:12-13 is a vision of universal worship rendered to God "AND to the Lamb".

Don't waste your breath anyone, trying to deny it.

"And I saw, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and of the living creatures and of the elders and their number was ten thousands of ten thousands and thousands of thousands" [v.12]

What did John see these myriads of angels doing?
    And what was every creature in all the creation doing with them?

"Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb who has been slain to receive
    the POWER
    and RICHES
    and WISDOM
    and STRENGTH
    and HONOR
    and GLORY
    and BLESSING.

AND every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying,

TO Him who sits upon the throne AND to the Lamb be
    the BLESSING
    and the HONOR
    and the GLORY
    and the MIGHT
    FOREVER and EVER." (v. 13)

The four living creatures representing all created life said "AMEN".
    And the twenty four elders representing the oldest and most elder of God's created beings in the universe fell down and worshipped.

"And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the elders fell down and worshipped." (v.14)

They did not say "Hey, wait a minute you all! You are only suppose to worship God and Him ONLY are you to serve. Rajk999 even told us so by quoting Matt. 4:8-10 King James Version."

Question:
    Is then this worship that John saw from myriads of angels and every land, sea, earth, under the earth creature in violation of the command to only worship God?

A. Yes?
    B. No?
    C. I Don't Know?
    D. I Know but I am not saying it?
    E. I'm not in the questionnaire altogether?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '21 14:211 edit
    @sonship said

A. Yes?
    B. No?
    C. I Don't Know?
    D. I Know but I am not saying it?
    E. I'm not in the questionnaire altogether?
    F. Fail

Learn to read. I just read Revelation 4, 5 and 6, and these chapters have the answers to your questions and shows exactly where your conclusions are wrong. You do not read the whole story, but instead just pick out passages to support a doctrine

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree