The Father is greater than I

The Father is greater than I

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 21

Christ was exalted by a great power of God operating.

" . . . the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the operation of the might of His strength,

Which He caused to operate in Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies,

Far above all rule and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named not only in this age but also in that which is to come." (Eph. 1:19-21)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 21
2 edits

@divegeester

My post stands there then, unaddressed and pointing directly at your OP and without the need to spitefully call you a “fool” or accuse you of “scraping the bottom of the barrel”.

I said you were a silly fool about another post not the one that you are now taunting me with as having not answered (which I did answer)

I did not call you a fool for asking about HOW Christ was exalted.

I'll call you a silly fool again though if you again imply that I can't look at the verse myself and address the question without consulting some headquarters of higher-ups you think dictate my every comprehension of the words of the Bible.

Now a bit longer answer for others who read longer answers:

By the operation of God's great power which operated in Christ and (incidentally operates in the church as well) in raising Christ and exalting Christ.

" . . . according to the operation of the might of His strength which He CAUSED to operate in Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him . . . etc. etc."

This is the power of divine life.
This is the power of God's being.
This is the "surpassing greatness" of God's power which is greater than any
other kind of power.

This power operated in Christ's resurrection and exaltation.
And Christ is transmitting this power to the church.

"And He subjected all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, which is His Body, the fullness of the one who fills all in all." (Phil. 1:22)

It is good to be "entrenched" in the truth rather than entrenched in half-truths or
lies or unbelief. It is good to be "rooted and grounded" in love of Christ and the truth - holding reality fast.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jul 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
said you were a silly fool about another post not the one that you are now taunting me with as having not answered
I guess that in your mind this justifies you calling me, another Christian a silly fool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 21
1 edit

@divegeester
I did not consider the question silly. For the last time, the "silly fool" comment was in response to the similarly offensive comment of yours toward me about where I get all my replies. That episode is over.

Do you find my explanation of HOW Christ was highly exalted and given such a high name not the best answer?

What is a more adequate explanation in your view?
I assume you may have had some point in mind.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 21
2 edits

@divegeester said
I guess that in your mind this justifies you calling me, another Christian a silly fool.
Okay I am sorry.

I should have just stuck to my usual "waffle" I guess ?
How very mean to you Dive, for me to depart from my usual "hairdryer" cult
plagiarisms approved by the church corporals who think for me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jul 21

@sonship said
Okay I am sorry.

I should have just stuck to my usual "waffle" I guess ?
How very mean to you Dive, for me to depart from my usual "hairdryer" cult
plagiarisms approved by the church corporals who think for me.
I have indeed accused you writing much waffle, of “hairdryering”etc, albeit about important topics. And I stand by those descriptions. You however have accused me of all manner of personal unpleasantnesses, such as a heretic for example and a silly fool today, for no apparent reason.

I made an on topic post on your thread and you attacked me, which is fine. I would just point out that you seem a little tense and should perhaps take a day off to compose yourself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 21
4 edits

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 21

Jesus in the highest place with the name that is above ALL names.

Philippians 2:9

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jul 21
1 edit

@divegeester

Yes. It is wonderful.

We certainly agree on that. Jesus Christ has the highest name and is in the highest position. Nothing makes the Father happier.

And He sank to the lowest point before that, before God highly exalted Him.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jul 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
Jesus Christ has the highest name and is in the highest position.
That’s right, this is my response to you OP which you have been avoiding since page one by calling me names.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jul 21

@divegeester said
That’s right, this is my response to you OP which you have been avoiding since page one by calling me names.
I would just point out that you seem a little tense and should perhaps take a day off to compose yourself.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jul 21

@sonship said
I would just point out that you seem a little tense and should perhaps take a day off to compose yourself.
Feel free to take as much time as you like to properly address my post. Also feel free to try to dodge it by calling me more names.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jul 21
1 edit

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 21

@divegeester

If you have been answered and you choose to not receive an answer, I feel free not
to take more time. What would taking more time accomplish if you intend to hear no answer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 21

Anyone considering Philippians 2:

The interesting thing about Philippians 2 is Christ's letting God exalt and establish Him in the highest position. 'Wherefore God has highly exalted Him".

Christ took so many steps to come down below our level in humbling Himself.
Accomplishing that He let God lift Him, raise Him, exalt Him, and make Him ascend to the highest peak.

He went down emptying Himself not of divinity but of the glorious expression of His divinity to be a man, a slave of a man, a slave dying a death on a cross.