1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 12:29
    @suzianne said
    "Taking measures".

No doubt there is more integrity alerting posts which violate the ToS than in alerting posts (or "taking measures" ) against people who hurt your feelings.

You DO know the difference, yes?
    Your abusive post on the previous page was alerted and removed. They were the "measures" that were taken, it seems.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 14:06
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

How many “beings” are there in the Godhead? One or three?

HUMAN LANGUAGE is inadaquate to fully describe the nature of God.
    In that He is Father - Son - Holy Spirit limited human langauge is hard pressed to explain this mystery.

But we can experience and enjoy the reality of the living God.

There i ...[text shortened]... Crying "regurgitating dogma!" does nothing.
    Crying "rank, love to read yourself" does NOTHING.
    Just as I thought.

😂
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '22 18:28
    @divegeester

Just as you thought.
    Good.

It is not called "the mystery of the faith" for nothing.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:02
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Just as you thought.
    Good.

It is not called "the mystery of the faith" for nothing.
    How many “beings” are there in the Godhead? One or three?

How many “spirits” are there in the godhead? One or three?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:03
    Duck and weave.
    Contemporary corporate denominational Christian man in action.
    KellyJay and sonship.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 06:56
    @divegeester

Duck and weave ?
    No sir.

Does not the Bible say there is one God?
    "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist." (1 Cor. 8:6)

By no means do we duck or weave.

Which of the divine plural pronoun "We" is not God?

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and WE will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Is the One speaking, the Son of God, not God?
    Or is the Father He speaks of not God?

Both [Persons] (for lack of a better word) are God in this mysterious divine "We".

Don't duck the "We" now. And unless I am misrepresenting you, it seems like you wish the "office" of the Son would go away so you can eliminate that pesky "We".

You should get use to the divine "We" because He is going to be there for eternity.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:121 edit
    @divegeester

Duck and weave.
    KellyJay and sonship.

Actually, I believe the oneness of the Triune God is the key to the oneness of the Body of Christ. According to the mighty prayer of Jesus God's eternal purpose is to PERFECT the saints, the believers from all time and places into one as He and the Father are one.

"That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;

I in them, and Upi in Me, that they may be PERFECTED into one, that the world may know that Ypu have sent Me and haveloved them even as You have loved Me." (John 17:21-23)

The apostles established churches according to localities, according to cities.

"What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches:
    to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamos and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me, and when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands. And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man . . . etc. etc. etc." (Revelation 1:11-13)

The divine answer to the problem of divisions includes one church matched with one city. The designation of the church is simply the name of the city.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:143 edits
    KellyJay and sonship.

Unless I am mistaken Divegeester studiously avoids ever identifying a congregation with which he "churches" together or assembles together. Perhaps he trusts no one but Divegeester ever. And no one rises to his standard to be assembled together in a practical way with them.

My belief is that either he is avoiding revealing that he is in a division of the church by concealing this. Or he is so individualistic that he practices not being with any other believers in Christ in a practical way.

The lone ranger , isolated, individualistic pointing his finger at others as denominational. That's the denomination of Me, Myself, and I always alone"
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:241 edit
    It cannot be over emphasized. The Son of God is the Son of God in the so-called "office" of the Son of God as long as there is God. And of course God is eternal.

I am not sure WHY Divegeester wants to believe God will downsize the Son away such that there is no more Son of God in the Triune God.

"Jesus is the same, yesterday, today, yes even forever." (Heb. 13:8)

Unless he can prove that I misrepresent his view, I think Divegeester has a concept that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, but not forever but only to the conclusion of the millennium.

Unless he has some way of thinking Jesus is the same forever BUT not forever the Jesus the Son of God. Which thought I think is ridiculous.

Anyway, from His resurrection unto eternity, Jesus the Son of God is the SAME - forever.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 08:44
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Duck and weave ?
    No sir.
    How many spirits are there in the trinity version of the godhead?

One
    Two
    Three

Pick one.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:141 edit
    @divegeester
    One.

Can you quote me as ever saying otherwise?

Oh, the Scripture does speak of "the seven Spirits" .
    But I definitely believe the seven Spirits mean the Holy Spirit.

Please don't respond with a pretension relief of "finally!" if you cannot prove I EVER said there were two or three eternal Spirits of God.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:24
    Though there is one Spirit, the Spirit was not yet containing the humanity of the man Jesus before His resurrection.

This is not an additional Spirit of God. This is the man Jesus being compounded in His human nature and work of thirty three and a half years of living on the earth, His death, resurrection compounded into the Spirit of God.

After the resurrection of the incarnated God-man Jesus "the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

The eternal Spirit "picked up" the human life, human living, work as a human of Jesus.

This Spirit was "not yet" until Jesus was glorified in resurrection. (John 7:39)

"But this He [Jesus] said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified."

When the last Adam became a life giving Spirit the eternal Spirit of the Triune God picked up and was compounded with the human life and work of the man Jesus.

This was so that God as the man Jesus resurrected, could be imparted INTO man to be our life.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:30
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    One.
    So the Holy Spirit is the same spirit as the spirit of Jesus and also the prairie of Jehovah?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:343 edits
    The main point of my OP is that the Son of God is ETERNAL and not temporary.

And now the proof is seen that since the Spirit is eternal and the Lord Jesus the Son of God is the Spirit, the Son of God is eternal.

Here we see that the Spirit is eternal -

" Christ . . . who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God . . . "(Heb. 9:14)

And here we see that today the Lord Jesus Christ, in addition to being the exalted God-man on the throne in heaven, is the Spirit - the Holy Spirit who is eternal.

"And the Lord is the Spirit . . . " (2 Cor. 3:17)

And here we see that Christ the incarnated God-man in resurrection became a life giving Spirit to impart Himself as divine life INTO man's being.

"So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul"; the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

This Spirit is "the Spirit of His Son" proving that the eternal Spirit is the Spirit of the eternal Son.

"And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father!" (Gal. 4:6)

The eternal Son and the eternal sons is established in the Bible.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 May '22 20:421 edit
    @divegeester

So the Holy Spirit is the same spirit as the spirit of Jesus and also the prairie of Jehovah?

There is one Spirit.
    That is what you asked.

When "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45), then added, compounded to the Spirit of Jehovah was the human living of the man Jesus, His work, His death, His resurrection, all that He accompished.

In the Spirit is the Father and the Son as the divine "We" that you seem to shrink back from.

How else can "We" of the Father and the Son come to make an abode with the lovers of Jesus if the "We" does not come as the Holy Spirit?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree