1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '22 11:523 edits
    " . . . a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud, saying,

This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I have found My delight. Hear Him!" (Matt. 17:5)

There is no time after the millennial period in which the Father will no LONGER have delight in the Son.

There is no time in eternity when the Father having no longer need for the "Beloved" Son will command men no longer hear Him.

He is the Beloved" Son forever. And God has "graced us in the Beloved" for eternity who are put into Him.

"Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace with which He graced us in the Beloved." (Eph. 1:5,6 RcV )

It is unthinkably erroneouns to assume the sons with sonship reign forever and ever while "the Beloved" - the Son in Whom the Father delights, passes out of existence or His "office" is no more.

Forever, the sons are graced and blessed in the Son of God, the "Beloved" of the Father.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '22 12:141 edit
    More proof that the Son of God is eternal and not temporary:

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

Him who is true and His Son is the true God and the eternal life.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '22 17:08
    @sonship said
    The Son of God is eternal
    There is not one scripture in the bible which asserts or confirms this claim by you. It is man made error.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '22 20:032 edits
    " . . . that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

The Son is eternal.
    The Son is in fact the eternal life.

The so-called non-scriptural verbiage "the office of the Son" is never said to cease in God's word.

Forget about "there will be no more office of the Son" heretical notion.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '22 03:57
    @sonship said
    The Son is eternal.
    There is not one scripture in the bible which asserts or confirms this claim by you. It is man made error.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 May '22 15:03
    @divegeester

once again

" . . . that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

Point out how the Son of God is not eternal in that passage.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '22 02:16
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

once again

Point out how the Son of God is not eternal in that passage.
    I’ve already pointed it out to you, in detail, several times, in at least two recent threads.

Please refer back to those posts.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '22 08:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '22 09:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Your new tactic seems to be alerting posts for the sake whilst contributing nothing to the thread, as usual.

I suggest you enjoy your little play whilst it lasts, I’m taking measures to prevent your attempts to sabotage threads.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '22 14:383 edits
    @divegeester

I realize you're talking to someone else jut then.

Technicalities like this bore me, usually allude me, and are relagated by me to quite secondary to what is important.

Mentions of number of edits,
    how many chess games a poster played,
    when he joined,
    when a post was removed,
    time stamps of posts and thing like this simply don't hold that much importance to me.

Substance of what is written is what interests me most.
    Even this last little complaint, simply doesn't merit a lot of attention.

What I will pay attention TO primarily is "How can one think sons of God are kept forever by the Father and THE Son of God Who was their prototype is deprived from an eternal office."

THAT alone is what I am watching for the "No eternal Son of God" crowd to explain.

Forget the distractions of minor trivialities and red herrings Divegeester.
    Insults I don't care about. Explanations is what I am looking to you for.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 May '22 14:452 edits
    The Son fo God is a significant office unto eternal ages Divegeester.

Its significance was BEFORE the creation, during it, and into the eternal ages.

What does it do for you to want to eliminate the "office" of the Son of God?

You think you're doing the Shema of Deuteronomy some favors by believing the "office" of Son of God will be downsized by God ?

Sh'ma, Shma, Origin: Hebrew, the central prayer of Judaism, proclaiming God is one. is the centerpiece of the daily morning and evening prayer services and is considered by some the most essential prayer in all of Judaism. An affirmation of God's singularity and kingship, its ...

see https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-shema/
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '22 17:39
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Explanations is what I am looking to you for.
    I refer you back to the detailed posts I’ve made recently and the threads I’ve started recently, most of which you have blanked.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '22 10:40
    @divegeester

The Son of God is eternal and the sons whom He is leading into glory have eternal life.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '22 11:063 edits
    @divegeester
    I refer you back to the detailed posts I’ve made recently and the threads I’ve started recently, most of which you have blanked.

I am bored with your attempts to save face.

God swore of the Son of God and "He will not change" - He was made a Priest FOREVER.

"Jehovah has sworn and He will not change;
    You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." (Psalm 110:4)

There is nothing you can salvage from your boo-boo to save face from such an aggregious error you make. You seem to want Jehovah to change. He will not.

And He is speaking of the Son of God concerning Him not changing from establishing Him an eternal Priest - (Hebrews 7:21; 5:5,6)

"So also Christ did not glorify Himself in becomming a High Priest, but it was He who said to Him, "You are My Son; this day I have begotten You";

Even as also in another place He says, "You are a Priest forver according to the order of Melchizedek." (Heb. 5:5,6)

How long does the Son of God perform as a High Priest?

ANSWER: The Son of God is assigned and performs His high priestly function for eternity. God said so and will not change.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '22 14:17
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

The Son of God is eternal and the sons whom He is leading into glory have eternal life.
    There is no mention of an “eternal son” anywhere in the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree