1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 09:24
    @sonship said

It is an absurd thought that the sons will be eternal but the Son will not be eternal.
    The only thing which is absurd is all this man made lore you regurgitate from your cult church leaders.

Do they know you are on this website writing all this stuff as if it is your own original thoughts? What would that say if they new you weren’t attributing your postulations to the people in your church who had these ideas?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 09:331 edit
    "Even as He chose us in HIm before the foundation of the world" (Eph. 1:4a)

Could it be that before the Son God existed God chose us in Him?
    God could predestinate something before that something came into existence.

However, this Son was with the Father before the foundation of the world.

"And now, glorify Me along with Yourself, Father, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)

When did the Son of God whom God sent into the world have glory with His Father? It was before the world was. That means it was in eternity past. Before the creation of the universe the Son was with the Father with the glory He had with the Father "BEFORE . . . the world was."

This gives us ground to believe that the Son of God even before He became flesh was the Son of God with the Father. And God had to first create a world, human kind, and flesh for the Son to be sent and be incarnated as a man - an item of creation.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 09:40
    The Son was with the Father "before the world was" .

It is not too reasonable to say that that One with the Father before the world was was not the Son of God. He says " . . . Father, the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5b)

If the Son was with the Father and in glory before the world was, why cannot the Father choose the future sons in Him before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4)?

"Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world . . ."

It seems that in desperation Divegeester reaches out for torture and hell to fight against the thought of the Son of God being eternal as to being before the foundation of the world.

"Hell will help to refute this eternal Son thing" he must think.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 09:484 edits
    As to the past the Son of God is eternal
    As to the future the Son of God is also eternal.

As to the sons of God they are not eternal as to the past.
    But as to the future they have eternal life and therefore are eternal.

Divegeester is wrong to teach that the Son as to the future is not eternal when the sons are.

If the sons have eternal life it is only because they have the eternal Son as their life.

"and this is eternal life, thast they may know You, the only true God, and Him whom You have sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3)

" And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." ( 1 John 5:11,12)

Does Divegeester believe that in eternity future the sons of God will NO LONGER have the Son? If the Son is not eternal then they will lose the Son. But eternal life is in the Son. To have eternal life the Son must be eternal too and not temporary.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:051 edit
    For the moment I have to consider the one liners coing from Divegeester as pretty much trollish comments.

Some may say it is not fair to say this.
    Maybe it isn't.
    But for now he appears just as a troll to me in this thread.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:071 edit
    If the Son of God is to NOT be because He is temporary then at some point the people with the Son of God will LOSE the Son. He no longer exisrts so He is lost to them.

But the eternal life is in the Son and is so eternally.
    To have the eternal life is therefore to have the Son for eternity.
    So the Son must be eternal.

["And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son." (1 John 5:11)

If the Son is lost then SO is the eternal life which is in the Son.

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." (1 John 5:13)

The trolling one grasp for hell and torture, cult leaders and regurgittion, and whatever else might generate a strong emotional reaction.

But the eternal life is in the eternal Son.
    Divegeester's teaching that the Son goes away means the eternal life is lost to those who have the Son.

This is terrible "Christian" teaching.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:11
    @sonship said
    This is terrible "Christian" teaching.
    Does accepting all your extra-Biblical terminology and concepts have any bearing on anyone's "salvation"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:13
    @sonship said
    The trolling one grasp for hell and torture, cult leaders and regurgittion, and whatever else might generate a strong emotional reaction.
    I think people are just being candid with you, sonship. I don't see people disagreeing with you as being "trolling".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:14
    @sonship said
    Divegeester's teaching that the Son goes away means the eternal life is lost to those who have the Son.
    Where has divegeester "taught" that "eternal life is lost"? You're not employing a strawman, are you, sonship?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:192 edits
    @FMF
    No.

When Divegeester said "Jesus is Lord" I at first was happy and yet also wondering if I should say "I got cought!" For no one can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.

But God desires not only all men to be saved but to also come to the full knowledge of the truth. God desires both.

If the Lord Jesus is to no someday no longer the Son of God then it follows that He will no longer be the Lord.

A temporary Son is a temporary Lord Jesus.
    I do get tired of trying to imagine HOW Divegeester's understanding of a temporary Son of God could possibly be the Bible's teaching.

It is his burden not mine to demonstrate it.

God - “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Tim. 2:4 KJV)

Are you here to help Divegeester fight against an eternal Son of God?
    Are you wanting to assist him?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:28
    We should continue wirth Ephesians chapter one because there we see definitely not only the Triune God but the eternality of the Son of God.

He is "the Beloved" as in "Belived SON"{/b] within whom the eternal plan of God is to take place.

[b]" Predestinating us untpo sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

To the praise of the glory of His grace, with which He graced us in the Beloved." (Eph. 1:5,6)

The Beloved is the eternal Son of God Jesus Christ the Lord - Beloved.

Yes He was incarnated as a man for this purpose.
    But He is the same one who was loved by the Father before the foundation of the world.

" . . . You loved Me before the foundation of the world." (John 17:24b)
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:30
    @sonship said
    Are you here to help Divegeester fight against an eternal Son of God?
    No, not at all. I am here, I suppose, because of your intellectual/ interpersonal behaviour.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '22 10:32
    @sonship said
    I do get tired of trying to imagine HOW Divegeester's understanding of a temporary Son of God could possibly be the Bible's teaching.
    Do his disagreements with you mean he is a blasphemer and a heretic, to your way of thinking? Has anything divegeester has said - about his own faith in Jesus - made you think he faces "damnation"?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '22 14:391 edit
    The Son of God is eternal and the sons of God are with eternal Him as eternal life.
    That is what I am here to explain.

I don't care for your little side shows.
    If you nothing on this issue at hand in the OP that's some other focus.

You want to talk about behavior.
    I want to talk about the eternal Son and the sons with eternal life.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '22 14:473 edits
    @divegeester

The only thing which is absurd is all this man made lore you regurgitate from your cult church leaders.

Read this "regurgitation" of the Apostle John.
    Isn't it good?

" And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life and this life is in His Son." (1 John 5:11)

Eternal life and the Son go together.
    If the Son is not eternal the eternal life goes away with Him.

"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life." (v.12)

If the Son of God goes away then so also goes away the eternal life which is in the Son . . . "he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life."

The Apostle John wrote that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree