The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Before you told me that you do not "identify" as a Unitarian.
This time you want to make it stronger. You say you are not a Unitarian.

Modalism is a form of Unitarianism. I regard you as both based on your talk about God's nature here.
And I have to regard you as a Unitarian though you may differ with some Unitarian congregations that you once met with.

Silence is nice. But unless you explain how you differ, I do regard the description of your attitude towards the Bible as that Unitarian statement indicates. I think you only are a stickler on "what is written" in this instance because it give you some ground to reject something for some reason you don't like.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jun 19
1 edit

6 days and not one other Christian has come forward to scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”.

Your teaching on this matter is plagiarised and erroneous.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jun 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Before you told me that you do not "identify" as a Unitarian.
This time you want to make it stronger. You say you are not a Unitarian.

Modalism is a form of Unitarianism. I regard you as both based on your talk about God's nature here.
And I have to regard you as a Unitarian though you may differ with some Unitarian congregations that you once met with. ...[text shortened]... in this instance because it give you some ground to reject something for some reason you don't like.
I don’t care how you regard me, what box you want to put me in, it is meaningless to me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jun 19
3 edits

While the crypto unitarian gnashes angry his teeth against the thought of a city of water in the Bible and murmurs "plagiarism!", Praise God for the city of living water in the divine revelation.

Here again in Ezekiel the revelation of the living water pouring from out of the center of the temple in the city growing deeper and deeper. Marvelous!

Then He brought me back to the entrance of the house, and there was water flowing out from under the threshold of the house to the east; and the water flowed down below the south side of the house, on the south of the altar. (v.1)
Then He brought me out by the way of the north gate and led me around on the way outside to the outer gate, ... that faces east, and there the water was running out on the south. (v.2)
... He measured a thousand cubits; and he led me through the water, water that was to the ankles. (v.3)
Then He measured a thousand cubits and led me through the water, water that was to the knees.
Then He measure a thousand cubits and led me through the water, water that was to the loins. (v.4)
Then He measured a thousand cubits, and it was a river that I could not pass through; for the water had risen, enough water to swim in, a river that could not be crossed over. (v.5)

And He said to me, Son of man, have you seen this? Then He led me and brought me back along the bank of the river. (v.6)
And ... there were very many trees on the bank of the river, on one side and on the other." (v.7)
Then said He to me, [b]This water flows out
toward the eastern region and goes down into the sea; when it flows into the sea, the water of the sea is healed." (v.8)

And every living creature which swarms in every place where the river goes shall live, " (v.8)
... And the water of the shall be healed, and everything shall live wherever the river comes." (v.9)

Praise God that He symbolically shows man the flowing out of His life to HEAL, to cause man to LIVE, to restore and save from death, to yield abundant life, nourishment, and food. Praise the Lord for the flowing out of this living water from the house of God.

And on the banks on both sides of the river will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail; but they will bring forth new fruit every month,

because the water for them flows out of the sanctuary. And their fruit shall be for food, and ther leaves for healing." (See Ezek. 47:1-12)

God does not forget. But closes the divine revelation of this river of water of eternal life in the last book of the Bible. See the similarities.

And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street.

And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, producing twelve fruits, yielding its fruit each month, and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Rev. 22:1,2)

The wonderful eternal city of living water, feeding, healing, spreading as a vine throughout the city. This is the Triune God dispensing His life into man forever, depicted as a river of water of life for the city New Jerusalem.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 19

7 days and not one other Christian has come forward to scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Seven years, and who else besides atheists have come along side of your crypto Unitarian denial of the Trinity?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jun 19

@divegeester

Somebody once advised -

b) stop criticising other Christians!!!

Otherwise you’re bloody hypocrite old chap!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jun 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

Somebody once advised -

b) stop criticising other Christians!!!

Otherwise you’re bloody hypocrite old chap!
I’m not preaching, teaching, lecturing of otherwise directing other Christians in how they should apply the words of Christ to their spiritual lives.

But you can carry on quoting me out of context if it makes your wounded pride feel soothed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

I’m not preaching, teaching, lecturing of otherwise directing other Christians in how they should apply the words of Christ to their spiritual lives.

Sounds humble.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jun 19

@divegeester said
If there is one other Christian who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

Then I will concede the point to you sonship.
8 days...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 19
2 edits

Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Jehovah been revealed?

For He grew up like a tender plant before Him, ... etc. (Isaiah 53:1,2a)

Good thing an ad populum logical fallacy didn't render Isaiah chapter 53 not true because no one believed the prophets' report.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 19

@divegeester

The shoe fits, wear it.

But you carry on deluding yourself that you are this super-hard debater with some inside track knowledge ...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jun 19

If there is one other Christian, anyone...who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

No one sonship, not one.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

I don't know why you think I should be swayed from the expression City of water because of no else here speaks that way.

I also think for you to complain about being put in a box is strange, when it is usually you who inform others that they're are not within the parameters of your beliefs. Ie. "You haven't gotten into my box YET."

Actually you box yourself in a lot, like no one meets your standard.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water”

Phony ultimatum, because I never insisted the title is in the text.
So anyone coming and saying the title is in the text I would disagree with. Surprise.

I have merely been enjoying that the matter is in the revelation, if of course one isn't interested in straining out a gnat in a hyper literal way.

Same with "substitution". Though the word "substitution" we may not find in the text, the matter of Christ substituting for the believing sinner certainly is a fact of the Bible.

With a tiny bit of poetic license, so is a city of [living water] in the Bible.
Fighting against it as you imply, I think is foolish.