The City of water

The City of water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jun 19

So give it a rest sonship; clearly no one at all is interested in your made up “city of water” plagiarism.

You should be thankful that I’m here bothering to give your full self-sanctimonious waffle any credence whatsoever.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jun 19
4 edits

@divegeester

Over on ceasar salad's thread on something completely different, you're the one who seems not to want to give it a rest.

City of Water

Typical divegeester hypocrisy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
Praise the Lord for the city of living water in the Bible.
Praise God for the city of living water in the Bible!
10 days...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 19

@divegeester

Explain to us please, what is the danger of describing the New Jerusalem as "The City of water?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Explain to us please, what is the danger of describing the New Jerusalem as "The City of water?"
It is the start of false doctrines. You change just about everything in the bible and as a result your beliefs are packed with them. What is worse you are blind to your faults.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Type into google 'New Jerusalem city of wat...'

And it still does predict 'water.' - That's how meaningless the phrase is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 19
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So that's the danger? You have trouble finding it on Google ?

I need a little more than that ... " I looked it up on Google and got no hits " [paraphrased].
That's not a real danger.

If God's Spirit and God's divine life symbolized as water is repeatedly associated with His final city, what is the danger of referring to "the City of water".

I bet when you google up "lake of fire" you get plenty of google hits. Do you know why?

1.) Because people usually think about the bad judgment that could happen to them from God 100 times more than what is God's purpose.

2.) People love to talk about damnation 100 times more than what is the eternal purpose of God - a consummate city of eternal life flowing through billions of glorified human beings.

So to balance things out we use a semi biblical phrase which is "city of water" to contrast the extensively spoken of "lake of fire".

Of course when Christians try to speak of the positive things of the climax of the Bible, people like Dive and you are liable to raise a red flag of danger for one thing or the other.

So ... "city of water" is not exactly WRITTEN in the text. The real DANGER of contrasting a final "City of water" to a
final "lake of fire" is WHAT ???

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 19
2 edits

Rajk999,

"There is a river whose streams gladden the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.

God is in the midst of her; she will not be moved; God helps her at the dawn of the morning." (Psalm 46:4,5)

And you call a false doctrine that I paraphrase "city of water" based on this and many other passages - passages about God's flowing Spirit as water of life in His final salvation ?

False doctrine being invented ?

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street." (Revelation 22:1)

There's no false doctrine being invented here.
You're just blinded by your legalism and contempt for the grace of His life.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 19
1 edit

@sonship said
Rajk999,

"There is a river whose streams gladden the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.

God is in the midst of her; she will not be moved; God helps her at the dawn of the morning." (Psalm 46:4,5)

And you call a false doctrine that I paraphrase "city of water" based on this and many other passages - passages about God' ...[text shortened]... being invented here.
You're just blinded by your legalism and contempt for the grace of His life.
Your continued reference to the teachings of Christ as legalism will be your undoing. You know of Christ in name only. Your heart is not with Christ. Proof of that is in your failed attempt to speak of works and righteousness. That alone shows how little you value the teachings of Jesus Christ. The grace of God which saves people is for those who follow his commandments. It is not for people like you who condemn and speak against Christ's commandments.

You excel in mouth worship and fabricated doctrines. The critical doctrines preached by Christ and the Apostles required for eternal life, you have derided them, twisted them, and removed them from the bible. Instead you have an array of childish theories, false statements and nonsensical teachings drawn from another false teacher, your mentor Witness Lee.

The bible says 'city of God', and you replace 'God' with 'water'. Damn fool.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 19
2 edits

@Rajk999

Your continued reference to the teachings of Christ as legalism will be your undoing.

I refer to your teaching as legalism.
"Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (Gal. 3:2)

I have been convinced that you would have answered "Yes".

You know of Christ in name only.

No, I received the Spirit through the hearing of faith and not by the works of the law.
This only I wish to learn from you, Did you receive the Spirit out of the works of the law or out of the hearing of faith?" (v.2)

To follow the Lord Jesus I ONLY... ONLY trust in the empowering of the Spirit, THE SAME WAY ... I initially received Him.

I don't recognize your voice.
But they [the Good Shepherd's sheep] will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers. (John 10:6)

"I am the door; If anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved and shall go in and go out and shall find pasture." (v.9)

"I am the good Shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know Me." (v.14)

Your heart is not with Christ. Proof of that is in your failed attempt to speak of works and righteousness.

The Lord is with my spirit.
"The Lord be with your spirit, Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

You and your types had nothing to do with it.

That alone shows how little you value the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I fear to come before the judgment seat of Christ.
I do not fear your heretical criticism.

The grace of God which saves people is for those who follow his commandments. It is not for people like you who condemn and speak against Christ's commandments.

Quote me where I spoke against Christ's commandments.
You cannot because when you write you lie and are a slave to lying and accusing Christians.

I echo Paul's word that as I BEGAN with Christ SO ALSO I must continue to walk in Him. And that by faith.

As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6)

I just realize that as I started so I must continue - having faith that Christ in me can do everything He needs for me to walk in.
I began in the Spirit and I can only continue in the Spirit - the life giving Spirit -

the last Adam became a life giving Spirit.

I was plunged and immersed INTO the Spirit, to DRINK of the Spirit. The realm of the living Jesus into which I was immersed is the same realm in which I must continue to "drink" of Him.

So says Witness Lee ? Nope. So says the New Testament:

"For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all made to drink one Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:13)

I was immersed into the Holy Spirit in order to continue to DRINK of the Holy Spirit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jul 19
3 edits

You excel in mouth worship and fabricated doctrines.

Worship using the mouth is throughout the whole Bible.
And you have not identified any doctrines which I fabricated.

You have exposed yourself as ignorant of some truths in the Bible and with twisted accusation excused your blindness as if I am fabricating doctrines.

The critical doctrines preached by Christ and the Apostles required for eternal life, you have derided them, twisted them, and removed them from the bible. Instead you have an array of childish theories, false statements and nonsensical teachings drawn from another false teacher, your mentor Witness Lee.

This is critical -

For also in one Spirit we were all baptized ... and were all given to drink one Spirit.

The bible says 'city of God', and you replace 'God' with 'water'. Damn fool.

I didn't replace 'God' with 'water'.

I QUOTED ... that the city of God has a river the streams of which make the whole city glad. See Psalm 46.
And enjoying this I praise God for "the City of water".

Nothing was replaced by something else. The rich revelation of the city God is building I rejoice to call many things - in this particular thread "the City of water".

Your idiocy is using the Bible to fight against the Bible.
This is symptomatic of a dogmatic person who came TO the Bible already deciding what he would and would not believe.
Actually, the pure word of God you do not exalt in but your dogmatic narrowness, sectarianess, divisiveness, individualism, and arrogance is what you celebrate.

Arguing here like a fool in me recommending the church - the city of the living water. The city which eventually becomes the New Jerusalem with the living water flowing symbolically in the middle of its one street.

I bet you didn't even know that the New Jerusalem in Revelation has only ONE STREET. One way to live. One walk. And the way the street goes the water of life flows.

And he showed me a RIVER OF WATER OF LIFE, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its [singular] STREET. (Rev. 22:1)

You know who brought that to my attention when I took for granted for years "streets" of the city?
Brother Witness Lee brought to our attention that there was only ONE STREET in the city of living water.

Thank God for TRUE examples of a servant of Jesus Christ.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So that's the danger? You have trouble finding it on Google ?

I need a little more than that ... " I looked it up on Google and got no hits " [paraphrased].
That's not a real danger.

If God's Sp ...[text shortened]... The real DANGER of contrasting a final "City of water" to a
final "lake of fire" is WHAT ???
City of Water has no biblical basis. If we agree on that, fine. (Google is simply a tool to demonstrate it is not something that far wiser Christians have noted).

Just don't present it as otherwise.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
[quote]

Thank God for TRUE examples of a servant of Jesus Christ.
You and your mentor are a TRUE examples of a servants of Satan. Your teaching is like the Serpent's teaching, that disobedience to God is no big deal and you will not surely die as God said.

You preach disobedience to the commandments of Christ.
You twist the Bible and encourage people to sin
You manipulate texts to prove that Paul is a liar when he said that some born again Christians will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Here now you elevate something other than God to praise - now its WATER, You are now worshiping living water. Water is not to be worshiped. Angels are not to be worshiped. Animals are not to be worshiped. You are practicing IDOLATRY Witness Lee is an idolater and a servant of Satan just like you are.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jul 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Sonship, you may think my challenge is personal but I promise you it isn’t. It’s scriptural. There is NO “city of water”. These emotive adjectives and poetic descriptions are simply not in the bible. However the rivers etc are.

I’m comfortable with metaphors but we must stick to the actual text as a starting point because being metaphors they are likely to be evocative and expansive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
You and your mentor are a TRUE examples of a servants of Satan. Your teaching is like the Serpent's teaching, that disobedience to God is no big deal and you will not surely die as God said.
This is not right old chap, not in my opinion.