1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 15:341 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Why should I not rejoice that my gospel is a rich ministry of God?
    You don’t have a “ministry” sonship. You are a blogger of sterile religious waffle, flimsy pseudo-theologically academic material, most of which you lift-and-shift from other people’s “ministry”.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 17:59
    @divegeester said
    24 hours later and not one other Christian to verify sonship’s position.
    48 hours sonship...
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 12:571 edit
    @divegeester

48 hours latter and what I wrote above still holds about YOUR ultimatum.
    That was your ultimatum not mine.

I don't think that should be your motivation necessarily.

I think you should see the fact though I agree with you that the exact words are not in any biblical text.

Praise God for the city of water in God's revelation.
    Praise God that an ad populum logical fallacy is not what we have to depend on.

Water is seen as the Spirit and life of God. And living water is a CHIEF characteristic in the New Jerusalem.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 05:29
    72 hours.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 06:062 edits
    @divegeester

72 hours latter and what I wrote above still holds about YOUR ultimatum.

Praise God for the divine life symbolized in the Bible by water. And a chief characteristic of the final New Jerusalem is living water. (Rev. 22:1,2 ,17)

We do not need to depend on an ad populum logical fallacy.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 06:09
    1,000,000 HOURS latter and what I wrote above still holds about YOUR ultimatum.

Praise God for the divine life symbolized in the Bible by water. And a chief characteristic of the final New Jerusalem is living water. (Rev. 22:1,2 ,17)

We do not need to depend on an ad populum logical fallacy.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 06:222 edits
    Praise God for the city of water where for eternity the Redeemer, the God-man Jesus will lead His saved to fountains of waters of life.

They will not hunger anymore, neither will they thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat upon them, nor any heat;

For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of waters of life; and God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Revelation 7:16,17)

What a wonderful life and destiny in the city of living water. To be led by the Lamb, the incarnate God-man Redeemer to her springs of waters of life for eternity. Praise God for His city of living water.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 04:57
    @divegeester said
    If there is one other Christian who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

Then I will concede the point to you sonship.
    4 days...
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 09:25
    @sonship said
    Praise God for the city of water where for eternity the Redeemer, the God-man Jesus will lead His saved to fountains of waters of life.

[quote] They will not hunger anymore, neither will they thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat upon them, nor any heat;
    [b]
    For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of wate ...[text shortened]... an Redeemer to her springs of waters of life for eternity. Praise God for His city of living water.
    You enjoy adding to, and subtracting from the Bible.
    Hope you also enjoy the consequences.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 15:291 edit

Removed by poster

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 15:391 edit
    @Rajk999

Copy and paste the sentence I wrote that subtracted something from the Bible.
    Tell us what was subtracted.

Copy and paste the sentence I wrote that added something to the Bible.
    Tell us what was added.

Divegeester can count the hours and days while you do it.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '19 16:591 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Copy and paste the sentence I wrote that subtracted something from the Bible.
    Tell us what was subtracted.

Copy and paste the sentence I wrote that added something to the Bible.
    Tell us what was added.

Divegeester can count the hours and days while you do it.
    You subtracted the words of Christ about good works and righteousness because in your thread on that topic you have nothing to say about His teachings.

You subtracted the teachings of Paul which condemned sinful Christian saints who will be destroyed and not inherit the Kingdom of God.

You added that everyone but Christians will be tormented for eternity, and the bible says no such thing.

Not to mention this city of living water foolishness which is not in the bible.

Dangerous and fatal doctrinal flaws
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 04:41
    @divegeester said
    If there is one other Christian who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

Then I will concede the point to you sonship.
    5 days.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 07:322 edits
    @divegeester

Do most Unitarians behave like you do? I mean on one hand posture like you're a stickler for only what is exactly phrased in the Bible text but on the other have a kind of contempt for the authority of the Bible's text over any sacred writing?

SACRED TEXTS IN UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM

One might say that life is our scripture. While Unitarianism and Universalism both have roots in the Protestant Christian tradition, where the Bible is the sacred text, we now look to additional sources for religious and moral inspiration. Over two centuries, our religious tradition, a “living tradition,” has branched out from its roots. We celebrate the spiritual insights of the world’s religions, recognizing wisdom in many scriptures.

https://www.uua.org/beliefs/what-we-believe/sacred-texts

It seems "It not written that way in the Bible" you posture like here with "city of water".
    And "The Bible is only one of many, many authoritative writings from God" you believe making all of it only semi authoritative anyway.

When we read scripture in worship, whether it is the Bible, the Dhammapada, or the Tao Te-Ching, we interpret it as a product of its time and its place. There is wisdom there, and there are inspiring stories, but scripture is not to be interpreted narrowly or oppressively. It can be beautiful, inspirational and wise. But in our tradition, scripture is never the only word, or the final word.

[my bolding]
    So why do you posture as insistent on the exact phraseology of the text when you don't regard the Bible's text as the final word anyway ?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 13:171 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Do most Unitarians behave like you do?

I’ve no idea sonship, I’m not a “Unitarian”.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree