1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:01
    @divegeester said
    “Living water” in the bible.

“City of water” not in the bible, stollen from somewhere by sonship who is once again caught out by his plagiarism and too proud to admit it.
    Bumpetty bump...sonship.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:136 edits
    @divegeester

RcV "rivers of living water" John 7:38

John 7:38, NIV: "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.'"

John 7:38, ESV: "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow [ rivers of living water.’”"

John 7:38, KJV: "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

John 7:38, NASB: "'He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.''"

John 7:38, NLT: "Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.''"

John 7:38, CSB: "The one who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, will have streams of living water flow from deep within him.""

DIvegeester sees no connection and no ground to refer to the city of [living] water.

"Its not in the Bible."

Let's put it this way. It is more in the Bible by implication (Psalm 46:4) then your "Bumpetty bump" is. I mean since you want to talk as SUCH A PURIST at solo scriptora.

Stop interjecting far LESS biblical phrases like a kid.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 03:321 edit
    @sonship said
    DIvegeester sees no connection and no ground to refer to the city of [living] water.

“City of water” not in the bible, stollen from somewhere by sonship who is once again caught out by his plagiarism and too proud to admit it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 14:523 edits
    @divegeester

Good enough.

There is a city of living water for which all believers are destined - the New Jerusalem.

And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street.

And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, producing twelve fruits, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1,2)

Praise the Lord for the city of living water in the Bible.

"And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely." (Rev. 22:17)

Praise God for the city of living water in the Bible!
    Praise the Lord for the city where the thirst for God's life in man is completely quenched in the city of water, there in the Bible.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 17:48
    Once again I praise God for the city of water in the Bible.
    Whoever believes into Jesus is destined for that city of eternal life - that city of living water.

This women is on here way.

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall be no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into eternal life."

The Holy Spirit installed into the saved is a fountain of life which will eventually spring up into their whole being as eternal life.

The New Jerusalem is constituted with millions of such people, all having the spring of the Spirit gushing up into their whole body, soul, and spirit into eternal life.

Praise God then for the city of water in the Bible!
    Praise the Lord for the corporate entity of millions of people within whom eternal life is gushing up and flowing in the city forever.

Peculiar, isn't it, that a Christian would fight against the mentioning of the city of living water in the end of the Bible?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:34
    @sonship said
    @ There is a city of living water for which all believers are destined - the New Jerusalem.
    You are welcome to make your own stuff up of course.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 18:38
    @sonship said
    Praise the Lord for the city of living water in the Bible.
    If there is one other Christian who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

Then I will concede the point to you sonship.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 19:58
    @divegeester

If there is one other Christian who will join this thread and post with a honest heart before God that they scripturally recognise the title of “city of water” and that they do indeed “praise God for it”,... for that specifically...

The title is not in the text. The truth of it is there.

We could also well describe the consummated salvation of New Jerusalem as

City of new fruits

City of transparent gold.

City of ONE golden street.

City of God as light.

City of the tree of life.

Any of these phrases could well be used and rejoiced over. It is overly picky for you to complain the exact title is not seen in the text.

The city of no sun or moon,
    The city light to the nations.
    The city of healing leaves.
    The city of the perfect cube.
    The Wife City
    The Temple City

Look for the facts of the phrase if you don't notice the exact phrase in the TEXT.

If you prefer to use only words found in the text, that's good.
    It doesn't mean those who are excited at the FACTS revealed there are second class for describing New Jerusalem in other relevant words.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 20:041 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    The title is not in the text. The truth of it is there. .

10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 20:062 edits
    @divegeester

You are welcome to make your own stuff up of course.

So there is no city of living water in the Bible though the text didn't have that written exacty ?

Ezekiel, John, Isaiah, Psalm, First Corintians, and Revelation mention "water" in relation to God's salvation but we are WAY OFF to praise God for a city of living water ?

So there is no city of living water ?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 20:212 edits
    @divegeester

I don't think that should be your motivation necessarily.

I think you should see the fact though I agree with you that the exact words are not in any biblical text.

I refer to my wife as "Sweetheart" sometimes.
    No birth certificate, marriage licence, driver's license, or Social Secutiry Card of her's designates her as "Sweetheart".

Can I in love refer to her as "Sweetheart" or
    my "Sweetheart" ?

Can some Christians rejoice in the "city of water" though the text didn't say so, yet the revelation shows so ?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 22:47
    @divegeester said

6 hours, not one Christian as yet.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 22:51
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Divegeester - hunting for errors in a rich ministry of the word of God.
    I still haven’t forgotten you claiming, quite astonishingly, that your incessant blogging is “a rich ministry of God”!!
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:391 edit
    @divegeester

Why should I not rejoice that my gospel is a rich ministry of God?

A Christian should never say she is not participating in a rich ministry of God?

Paul said "the unsearchable riches of Christ" WAS the gospel.

To me, less than the least of all saints, was this grace given, to preach to the nations the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel. (Eph. 3:8)

Aren't you wanting to be involved in preaching the rich ministry of the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel ?
    You should be.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 15:32
    24 hours later and not one other Christian to verify sonship’s position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree