The Book Of Revelation Effect

The Book Of Revelation Effect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Like a plant, it needs to be nourished from the soil. If the soil is depleted and minerals are scant, the plant will surely wither and die.
I am not sure how this analogy works with a believer no longer believing because he or she thinks hard about the claims surrounding scripture and then finally reaches the conclusion that they are not credible.

So, this instead: I am the plant, having discovered that I was growing in poor soil augmented by artificial chemicals, I have moved to good soil and the artificial chemicals are no longer necessary. I can spend my time cogitating the soil rather than the chemicals. Life has come up roses and, free of the smell of those chemicals, I send out my most fragrant wishes to all other plants, whether they be users of artificial chemicals or not.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I am not sure how this analogy works with a believer no longer believing because he or she thinks hard about the claims surrounding scripture and then finally reaches the conclusion that they are not credible.

So, this instead: I am the plant, having discovered that I was growing in poor soil augmented by artificial chemicals, I have moved to good soil and t ...[text shortened]... most fragrant wishes to all other plants, whether they be users of artificial chemicals or not.
some plants require specific conditions to flourish, Azaleas, Rhododendrons etc all prefer ericaceous (acidic soil) some plants do better in chalk (alkaline) never the less, if you do not tend your garden weeds grow and soon they will overtake your garden due to neglect. Of course the garden is the mind and is sensitive to what is spread upon it. What are we to say, that the soil is poor and the nutrients artificial if we do not flourish in it? or we let it become overrun and weeds take hold? Hardly for there may be demonstrably many others who are doing rather well in the garden and who draw spiritual sustenance from the very same soil, who love life and are resplendent, whether a humble snowdrop or a thorny yet enchanting rose.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

some plants require specific conditions to flourish, Azaleas, Rhododendrons etc all prefer ericaceous (acidic soil) some plants do better in chalk (alkaline) never the less, if you do not tend your garden weeds grow and soon they will overtake your garden due to neglect. Of course the garden is the mind and is sensitive to what is spread upon it. ...[text shortened]... l, who love life and are resplendent, whether a humble snowdrop or a thorny yet enchanting rose.
I am growing in good soil without chemicals. In my version of the analogy, the bible is the chemicals. If you need chemicals to get through life, then good for you.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am growing in good soil without chemicals. In my version of the analogy, the bible is the chemicals. If you need chemicals to get through life, then good for you.
If we take the analogy of the garden and liken it to the mind, two things become apparent, one must plant something or weeds will take hold and that the soil needs to be replenished from time to time. Its neither artificial nor contrived to say so, in fact, its perfectly natural.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
so you are the spiritual equivalent of organic? even plants that are grown organically need the soil to be replenished.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

If we take the analogy of the garden and liken it to the mind, two things become apparent, one must plant something or weeds will take hold and that the soil needs to be replenished from time to time. Its neither artificial nor contrived to say so, in fact, its perfectly natural.
Chemicals are artificial. I have found a way to grow without them. Just me and the soil. My soil is "replenished" by the droppings of fauna and flora dropping! You use the chemicals [as they are framed in my analogy] if you want to. Or if you need them to cope with life and survive.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14
1 edit

so you are the spiritual equivalent of organic? even plants that are grown organically need the soil to be replenished.
If you are addicted to artificial chemicals, robbie my flower, maybe you lose all perspective on what "the soil being replenished" without chemicals means or entails.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
If you are addicted to artificial chemicals, robbie my flower, maybe be you lose all perspective on what "the soil being replenished" without chemicals means or entails.
or I may be prevented from becoming too acidic or two alkaline due to good soil management 😀

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

or I may be prevented from becoming too acidic or two alkaline due to good soil management 😀
If you think you can't grow without artificial chemicals, just use them. Don't worry about what the flowers that don't need them think.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

Ha! I've robbie totally trapped inside my analogy! Hoorah!

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
If you think you can't grow without artificial chemicals, just use them. Don't worry about what the flowers that don't need them think.
oh dear FMF there is nothing artificial about tending the garden of the mind and making sure that the soil is replenished! all soil needs to be replenished, even yours, otherwise we run the risk of a garden full of weeds 😀

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

oh dear FMF there is nothing artificial about tending the garden of the mind and making sure that the soil is replenished! 😀
The mind's soil can and is replenished without having to resort to the use of artificial chemicals. And there is something artificial about using artificial chemicals, for sure. Maybe you're one of those flowers that just can't grow without chemical replenishment. But I'm not the sort of flower to judge.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The mind's soil can and is replenished without having to resort to the use of artificial chemicals. And there is something artificial about using artificial chemicals, for sure. Maybe you're one of those flowers that just can't grow without chemical replenishment. But I'm not the sort of flower to judge.
Each one must see to his own garden FMF and what you term 'artificial', may in fact be entirely natural, wholesome and beneficial for someone else. To state that one is artificial and another natural has been to have already made a judgement, for the soil cares not whether it receives nitrogen from cow manure or from chemical pellets.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

Each one must see to his own garden FMF and what you term 'artificial', may in fact be entirely natural, wholesome and beneficial for someone else. To state that one is artificial and another natural has been to have already made a judgement.
You sound like a shill for Monsanto. 😛

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You sound like a shill for Monsanto. 😛
ouch that hurt, I loathe them, now you are talking GM which does upset the natural balance and is absolutely unhealthy!