The Book Of Revelation Effect

The Book Of Revelation Effect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
lack of exercise led to a spiritual cardiac arrest! 😵 so sad and so preventable.
The lack of exercise of my faith came after my loss of faith in the credibility of scripture. There. You've dragged it out of me, robbie. 🙂

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
The lack of exercise of my faith came after my loss of faith in the credibility of scripture. There. You've dragged it out of me, robbie. 🙂
yes it can happen and I fully agree with you that the foundation of a Christians faith lies within his confidence in the veracity of scripture although there are some who advocate an emotional approach rather than a purely rational one although I must admit I find it and them somewhat disturbing. Christ lived FMF, his teaching and example is evident, what else is there?

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

yes it can happen and I fully agree with you that the foundation of a Christians faith lies within his confidence in the veracity of scripture although there are some who advocate an emotional approach rather than a purely rational one. Christ lived, his teaching is evident, who else is there?
No approach on my part ~ whether it be emotional, intellectual or spiritual ~ can make the scriptures credible to me. It used to be very different; the emotional, intellectual and spiritual were all mixed together and the result was faith. And it was strong and active. But towards the end, I was at first troubled, then wishy-washy, then 'nominal', and then "ex". 🙂

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

Christ lived FMF, his teaching and example is evident, what else is there?
I don't believe in any of the supernatural claims that Christians make about Christ. As far as I am concerned, God has not revealed himself to you, robbie. Nothing you say makes me think He has.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
No approach on my part ~ whether it be emotional, intellectual or spiritual ~ can make the scriptures credible to me. It used to be very different; the emotional, intellectual and spiritual were all mixed together and the result was faith. And it was strong and active. But towards the end, I was at first troubled, then wishy-washy, then 'nominal', and then "ex". 🙂
sure I've seen it happen, although not specifically for the reasons that you mention.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

sure I've seen it happen, although not specifically for the reasons that you mention.
Well, now you have another example to add to your experience and your accumulation of life stories you have encountered.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I don't believe in any of the supernatural claims that Christians make about Christ. As far as I am concerned, God has not revealed himself to you, robbie. Nothing you say makes me think He has.
I believe them, scripture makes no sense without a supernatural element. As far as I am aware I have not claimed that God has revealed himself to me personally, that the scriptures are inspired there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind. The book of revelation is a sublime example of the internal harmony of scripture, the fulfilment of prophecy, the reiteration of Gods beautiful promises, the settling of universal issues, its just pure awesome.

If you cannot be reached FMF, then you cannot be reached and I suspect it would take a much more gifted spiritual doctor than I to resurrect your faith because you would need to want it and its not clear if you do.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

As far as I am aware I have not claimed that God has revealed himself to me personally, that the scriptures are inspired there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind.
You don't believe God has revealed himself to you through the scriptures?

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You don't believe God has revealed himself to you through the scriptures?
It depends what you mean, sure I believe scripture is a revelation but its given to mankind not just to me personally. I thought you were talking of a personal revelation like when he spoke with Samuel by way of example. Jaywill believes that Jesus personally appeared to him, I have had no religious experiences.

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

If you cannot be reached FMF, then you cannot be reached and I suspect it would take a much more gifted spiritual doctor than I to resurrect your faith.
Ha ha. Well as long as the Christians I am encountering [here in this forum, at least] are ones like yourself, RJHinds, Kelly Jay, Grampy Bobby, FreakyKBH, sonship, and KingOnPoint ~ to mention but a few ~ there is no way that my Christian faith is going to be resurrected! This forum generates heaps of material [and behaviour] that validate a decision to be an ex-Christian. 🙂

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

It depends what you mean, sure I believe scripture is a revelation but its given to mankind not just to me personally. I thought you were talking of a personal revelation like when he spoke with Samuel by way of example.
You either believe God has revealed Himself to you or you don't. Riffing on the word "personally" doesn't achieve anything.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Ha ha. Well as long as the Christians I am encountering [here in this forum, at least] are ones like yourself, RJHinds, Kelly Jay, Grampy Bobby, FreakyKBH, sonship, and KingOnPoint ~ to mention but a few ~ there is no way that my Christian faith is going to be resurrected! This forum generates heaps of material [and behaviour] that validate a decision to be an ex-Christian. 🙂
what do you expect from them FMF, each have their faults 4sure, each are imperfect, some can be infuriating, some quite irrational, hard to understand, boastful, blinkered and often quite absurd, perhaps we have been sent to work out qualities of endurance within you? qualities of patience and forbearance?

F

Moves
05 Apr 14

what do you expect from them FMF, each have their faults 4sure, each are imperfect, some can be infuriating, some quite irrational, hard to understand, boastful, blinkered and often quite absurd, perhaps we have been sent to work out qualities of endurance within you? qualities of patience and forbearance?
Be [all] that as it may. My point is that I have absolutely no reason to think that God has revealed Himself to anyone here.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
05 Apr 14

Maybe that's what happened to my faith. It so rarely got any exercise that it got more and more flabby. Finally, one massive coronary and that's all she wrote.

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Maybe that's what happened to my faith. It so rarely got any exercise that it got more and more flabby. Finally, one massive coronary and that's all she wrote.
It would make sense and can happen to anyone, the strong as well as the weak, after all if you are simply going through the motions without any spiritual investment your faith will dwindle, sometimes imperceptibly. Like a plant, it needs to be nourished from the soil. If the soil is depleted and minerals are scant, the plant will surely wither and die.