The Bible and Plagiarism

The Bible and Plagiarism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
I may not be a good Christian, and I find myself littered with doubt about the validity of the entire story, which includes the bible, but I still consider myself a Christian.
So, on the occasions when you claim to not be a Christian or you claim that you have never been a Christian, those posts are deliberate falsehoods?

c

Moves
11 Aug 19

@fmf said
So, on the occasions when you claim to not be a Christian or you claim that you have never been a Christian, those posts are deliberate falsehoods?
I have not made such claims.

F

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Yes you did. And you were quoted verbatim in the aftermath, several times. You were confronted with it and you became abusive.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
This year you mean?!

c

Moves
11 Aug 19

@fmf said
Yes you did. And you were quoted verbatim in the aftermath, several times. You were confronted with it and you became abusive.
I don't recall saying such things, and am comfortable with that.

F

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Maybe you should not post when you are in a condition that causes you not to be able to remember what you've said.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Comfortable with having impaired memory?!

F

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
I may not be a good Christian, and I find myself littered with doubt about the validity of the entire story, which includes the bible, but I still consider myself a Christian.
What is it exactly about you and your beliefs that causes you to describe yourself as a Christian?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This thread is an amalgamation of the two, not two separate topics in the same thread.

I think you know that.
Of course he knows that but many of these Lord Lord Christians are lacking in common decency, and have no scruples about telling lies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Aug 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This thread is an amalgamation of the two, not two separate topics in the same thread.

I think you know that.
Unless you are going to tell me you have never altered from the main point of the first post in each thread your being very hypocritical in this! Look at the thread dive is not a Christian or whatever it was called, how much effort has been done by many here into making that one about someone else? Are you suggesting, (this we must stay on topic) has always been the case? Personally, I think it is a cheap shot for something that is a common practice here that YOU also do! Maybe you still feel justified, or should you apologize? How will you conduct yourself, cling to this accusation as if it is a long standing rule, or admit I have done nothing wrong?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said

In defiance to both you and FMF, I have never claimed to be otherwise.
You’re not being truthful chaney3. You have several times declared yourself to no longer be a Christian.

Unlike the hypocrisy of some here I find your particular hypocrisy dull and uninteresting. One month a Christian, the next not. One month attacking other Christians for being “poor”, the next you claim are a poor christian.

It’s dull.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
You’re a liar.

c

Moves
11 Aug 19

@divegeester said
You’re a liar.
You're wrong.
Nice accusation though.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
You're wrong.
Nice accusation though.
So you’ve always been a Christian huh... I see.

Once BigDoggProblem decides to repair the forum search engine he got disabled I shall look up your posts where you said otherwise and make you run off for several weeks.

S. Korea

Moves
11 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
There is no doubt that plagiarism is an act of dishonesty. It is the selfish act of using the work of another, and passing it off as your own, thereby taking credit for the labour of another. Many Christians pass this off as a 'no big deal" issue. The writers of the New Testament, were careful not to practice this act of deception. If they were going to repeat what was alre ...[text shortened]... th. (2 Corinthians 10:12-18 KJV)[/i]

This is not an isolated statement. There are others like it.
This is good: it is why we should seek to know the works of the great Saints and writers, and to give credit to them in our ideas.

Moreover, the people who came up with the complex theology are far above us to begin with.

If you want to have someone operate on your leg, you will go to a Doctor; if you want to know the proper interpretation of a passage, you must go to a Holy Father or a theologian who has been sanctioned by the Church to elaborate the meaning.