@ghost-of-a-duke said
    If required.
    Required? You the hall monitor?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Aug '19 12:196 edits
    @Rajk999
    The writers of the New Testament, were careful not to practice this act of deception. If they were going to repeat what was already stated by other bible writers they gave credit which told the reader that it was taken from the writings of the prophets etc.

1.) The book of Hebrews quotes many passages and refers to many things in the Old Testament. Show us anywhere in the book of Hebrews that the writer explicitly cites the prophet or the book that is being quoted.

2.) The epistle of Jude clearly covers much of the same concepts and order of them as the epistle of Second Peter. Show us where Jude explicitly refers to Peter or visa versa.

3.) Paul in First Corinthians 15 says that what he learned he passed on to others. He used a customary rabbinical formula to indicate that he was not the originator of what he was teaching.

"For I delivered to you, among the first things, that which also I received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried and that He has been raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, And that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve, ... etc. etc." (see First Cor. 15:1-5)

Paul is not "careful" to say WHO taught him explicitly. Rather he emphasizes that what he teaches is "according to the Scriptures" (Old Testament Scriptures). He says he is passing on to the Corinthians what he [Paul] received from others without naming them. And his ultimate authority is that it is "according to the Scriptures".

He does mention particular people who were witnesses to the resurrected Jesus. He does not say that he was their student per se but only that their witness confirms what he is teaching.

So you are overstepping yourself with some exaggeration of expertise on how the New Testament was written at times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree