The apologetics game!

The apologetics game!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC

Moves
13 Sep 14

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Sep 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Do you forget that the final plague on Egypt was brought on by Pharaoh himself?
Well, why then did this alleged god kill all those people as punishment but in the 20th century, a thousand times as many were killed in pogroms without a peep from your sleepy god?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14
1 edit

Do you forget that the final plague on Egypt was brought on by Pharaoh himself?
But "he"'s still not smelling of roses yet Suzianne ... He could have given the slave masters themselves (who possibly weren't firstborn) a nasty little disease instead of the babies and children.

Indeed googling around suggests that this was supposed to be some divine p!ssing contest your god wanted to win (at the expense of those who he killed)

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Provoking those that hold God as sacred just to get a reaction then
thinking you are some how justified is sad. It isn't me that I think
you have to worry about or anyone else here that posts, God does
repay.
Kelly
My my, aren't you the little forum bully! You are a shadow of the "God" you follow 😞

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Sep 14

Originally posted by Agerg
My my, aren't you the little forum bully! You are a shadow of the "God" you follow 😞
Exactly what did you except you were going to see when you started
this thread? Hugs and kisses from those that hold God as something
very Holy? I think you wanted to provoke, and you did.
Kelly

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14
2 edits

Exactly what did you except you were going to see when you started
this thread? Hugs and kisses from those that hold God as something
very Holy? I think you wanted to provoke, and you did.
Kelly
Why do you think we atheist hit you theists with certain passages from the Bible!? because they show how your god is a complete and total dick, and it takes a real feat of bull$hittery (aka apologetics) on your parts to hide this fact. Most of us don't buy it of course and you all keep peddling the same crap over and over again as though you have been programmed to do so. When one of us (i.e. me) shows this behaviour for what it really is (bull$hit) with a made up bible passage of our (my) own you zealots are up in arms about it!

Well live with it Biff ... this is not the lets-all-gather-round-and-sing-kumbaya forum, it is a debates forum (about things spiritual), we atheists are entitled to debate your god's character and even it's very existence - in whatever way we suppose might be most effective.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Sep 14

Why do you think we atheist hit you theists with certain passages from the Bible!? because they show how your god is a complete and total dick, and it takes a real feat of bull$hittery (aka apologetics) on your parts to hide this fact. Most of us don't buy it of course and you all keep peddling the same crap over and over again as though you have been programm ...[text shortened]... d's character and even it's very existence - in whatever way we suppose might be most effective.
Including lies.

Okay, have it your way. We don't have to play by those rules. Or play at all, really.

First, if you don't believe in God, then why are you so concerned about His behavior? If there is no God, there is no behavior. I suppose because you find disrespect to be a good argument.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Sep 14

Originally posted by FMF
This is interesting. Can you explain the "insult" you perceive in the OP?
Why does it entertain you to seem stupid?

The insult in the OP is obvious.

That you don't perceive it as an insult is also obvious.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Sep 14

Why do you think we atheist hit you theists with certain passages from the Bible!? because they show how your god is a complete and total dick, and it takes a real feat of bull$hittery (aka apologetics) on your parts to hide this fact. Most of us don't buy it of course and you all keep peddling the same crap over and over again as though you have been programm ...[text shortened]... d's character and even it's very existence - in whatever way we suppose might be most effective.
I'm not exactly convinced it is God who is the "dick" here.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14
1 edit

Why does it entertain you to seem stupid?

The insult in the OP is obvious.

That you don't perceive it as an insult is also obvious.
What insult? Who am I insulting!??

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14

Including lies.

Okay, have it your way. We don't have to play by those rules. Or play at all, really.

First, if you don't believe in God, then why are you so concerned about His behavior? If there is no God, there is no behavior. I suppose because you find disrespect to be a good argument.
Please explain where I lied in this thread

Thanks in advance 🙂

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
13 Sep 14
1 edit

Including lies.

Because I am concerned about crazy b**tards like you who would gladly kill for your god, if in a hallucination you believed "he" had actually given you that directive. This behaviour is what *YOU* believe is right. It is an indication of *your* character as much as it is the character of your god that you believe it is good, and worth defending.

No rational person could possibly defend what you zealots believe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Sep 14

I don't mind being hit with passages from the Bible, if I cannot speak
about them than it is on me. What you did was just to insult those of
us who do believe in God. I am sure there are a few believers who insult
you and write things just for that purpose. If they do they are as pityful
as you are.
Kelly

F

Moves
14 Sep 14

us who do believe in God.
Can you explain what exactly is the "insult" you perceive in the OP?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Sep 14

us who do believe in God. I am sure there are a few believers who insult
you and write things just for that purpose. If they do they are as pityful
as you are.
Kelly