Tales From The Apocrypha

Tales From The Apocrypha

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Why don’t you start a thread on what’s false and historically inaccurate in the Holy Bible?

Do you really think so many people, many of them very smart, would believe the Bible is the Word of God if the Bible contained false and historically inaccurate information?
That would hardly be an original thread.

Many 'very smart' people believe in evolution, but that doesn't stop you from dismissing it as false, hey?

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
This is the Spirituality Forum.

It's what goes on in here.
Altering other people's words to complain is what goes on in this forum?

Is there a spiritual basis for that kind of behavior?

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

[misplaced post]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Many 'very smart' people believe in evolution, but that doesn't stop you from dismissing it as false, hey?
There’s more evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ than there is for macroevolution, hey?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

And the “very smart” people who believe in the theory of evolution have blinders on when it comes to that subject because they’re desperate to try to justify their atheism.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 22

Enoch 22:1-15
[1]From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places
[2]Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold
[3]Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men
[4]These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period
[5]Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing
[6]Then I inquired of Raphael, an angel who was with me, and said, Whose spirit is that, the voice of which reaches to heaven, and accuses?
[7]He answered, saying, This is the spirit of Abel, who was slain by Cain his brother; and who will accuse that brother, until his seed be destroyed from the face of the earth;
[8]Until his seed perish from the seed of the human race
[9]At that time therefore I inquired respecting him, and respecting the general judgment, saying, Why is one separated from another? He answered, Three separations have been made between the spirits of the dead, and thus have the spirits of the righteous been separated
[10]Namely, by a chasm, by water, and by light above it
[11]And in the same way likewise are sinners separated when they die, and are buried in the earth; judgment not overtaking them in their lifetime
[12]Here their souls are separated Moreover, abundant is their suffering until the time of the great judgment, the castigation, and the torment of those who eternally execrate, whose souls are punished and bound there for ever
[13]And thus has it been from the beginning of the world Thus has there existed a separation between the souls of those who utter complaints, and of those who watch for their destruction, to slaughter them in the day of sinners
[14]A receptacle of this sort has been formed for the souls of unrighteous men, and of sinners; of those who have completed crime, and associated with the impious, whom they resemble Their souls shall not be annihilated in the day of judgment, neither shall they arise from this place Then I blessed God,
[15]And said, Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of glory and of righteousness, who reigns over all for ever and for ever

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Enoch 22:1-15
[1]From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places
[2]Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold
[3]Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the ...[text shortened]... lessed be my Lord, the Lord of glory and of righteousness, who reigns over all for ever and for ever
Give it a rest.

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And the “very smart” people who believe in the theory of evolution have blinders on when it comes to that subject because they’re desperate to try to justify their atheism.
And you don't think smart Christians are desperate to justify the historical accuracy of the Bible?!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And what about the ones who aren't atheists?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Many very smart people disagree with it, does that stop you from accepting it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And you don't think smart Christians are desperate to justify the historical accuracy of the Bible?!
No idea if they are or not.

But I know atheists use the theory of evolution as a justification for their atheism.

One fellow on here couldn’t provide evidence for the theory of evolution’s central claim - that one species turns into another species by random mutations and natural selection - despite being asked nearly a dozen times.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No idea if they are or not.

But I know atheists use the theory of evolution as a justification for their atheism.

One fellow on here couldn’t provide evidence for the theory of evolution’s central claim - that one species turns into another species by random mutations and natural selection - despite being asked nearly a dozen times.
I provided plenty of evidence, you just dismiss the entire fossil record because you have little or no knowledge other than that you have gleaned from whatever creationist website you used when you 'looked into' evolution.

Perhaps you're ready to offer your alternative explanation for how species develop over time? I'm sure it must be very compelling...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
I provided plenty of evidence, you just dismiss the entire fossil record because you have little or no knowledge other than that you have gleaned from whatever creationist website you used when you 'looked into' evolution.

Perhaps you're ready to offer your alternative explanation for how species develop over time? I'm sure it must be very compelling...
Just saying “The fossil record” isn’t providing evidence, champ.

Nor is saying, “Lots of scientists believe it!” 😉

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Just saying “The fossil record” isn’t providing evidence, champ.

Nor is saying, “Lots of scientists believe it!” 😉
It's hard evidence, chump.

What evidence do you have for whatever as yet unspecified alternative theory to which you presumably ascribe?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
It's hard evidence, chump.

What evidence do you have for whatever as yet unspecified alternative theory to which you presumably ascribe?
You’re so desperate to change the subject from the theory of evolution to creationism. Why is that?

But I understand. If I were an evolutionist, I wouldn’t want to try to defend the theory either.