Tales From The Apocrypha

Tales From The Apocrypha

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

@avalanchethecat said
I don't really get why this god of yours would bother to create the impression that the world and the universe were billions of years old though. Because it has done that, and very consistently.
I think when God created Adam, He made him fully mature. When God created the universe, He did the same thing. The text reads when He made the stars, their light is shown on the earth at that moment, that all other things made were due to God, not natural causes those were being formed, they didn't do the forming. He didn't make a man as a fetus and grew him on the planet, and then when He was matured, start talking to Him.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I think when God created Adam, He made him fully mature. When God created the universe, He did the same thing. The text reads when He made the stars, their light is shown on the earth at that moment, that all other things made were due to God, not natural causes those were being formed, they didn't do the forming. He didn't make a man as a fetus and grew him on the planet, and then when He was matured, start talking to Him.
Well I don't find that particularly credible, but if it makes sense to you then I'm alright with that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Well I don't find that particularly credible, but if it makes sense to you then I'm alright with that.
It is what it is; every explanation doesn't explain when we have the unexplainable. It makes more sense that there is a first cause that wasn't caused by anything else than to have everything that requires a cause not to have one.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
It is what it is; every explanation doesn't explain when we have the unexplainable. It makes more sense that there is a first cause that wasn't caused by anything else than to have everything that requires a cause not to have one.
Where did god come from?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, I'm quite familiar with Darwin thanks, although I get my information from reputable sources. I suspect the drosophila experiment to which you keep referring is the work of Diane Dodd on allopatric speciation, the results of which were actually considered to be positive from an evolutionary perspective.
If you’re “quite familiar” with Darwin, you’d know that the quote where he said for his theory to be true, the number of intermediate varieties (transitional fossils) must be “truly enormous” was from his book. Darwin wrote that in “On the Origin of Species.”

Looks like your claim of being “quite familiar” with Darwin and of having looked into the theory of evolution “extensively” are two more whoppers.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Where did god come from?
An uncaused first cause didn't come from anywhere; God always was, is, and will be.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
If you’re “quite familiar” with Darwin, you’d know that the quote where he said for his theory to be true, the number of intermediate varieties (transitional fossils) must be “truly enormous” was from his book. Darwin wrote that in “On the Origin of Species.”

Looks like your claim of being “quite familiar” with Darwin and of having looked into the theory of evolution “extensively” are two more whoppers.
Lol, whatever you say champ.

Are you pretending you've actually read Darwin now?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
An uncaused first cause didn't come from anywhere; God always was, is, and will be.
Yeah, to me that seems no stronger than the universe spontaneously creating itself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, whatever you say champ.

Are you pretending you've actually read Darwin now?
Obviously you haven’t lol.

How many more whoppers are you gonna tell in here? You’re really quite shameless with your casual and flippant dishonesty.

You can try that with your fellow evolutionists, but don’t try that with me, tiger.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Obviously you haven’t lol.

How many more whoppers are you gonna tell in here? You’re really quite shameless with your casual and flippant dishonesty.

You can try that with your fellow evolutionists, but don’t try that with me, tiger.
Lol, whatever you say champ

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Yeah, to me that seems no stronger than the universe spontaneously creating itself.
As I said it is impossible to avoid attempting to explain the unexplainable with explanations, which is most responsible an uncaused first cause directing all the causes or nothing is responsible for the complex nature of the universe and everything in it?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
As I said it is impossible to avoid attempting to explain the unexplainable with explanations, which is most responsible an uncaused first cause directing all the causes or nothing is responsible for the complex nature of the universe and everything in it?
Honestly, to me the latter seems more likely simply because it lacks any infinite qualities.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, whatever you say champ
You wanna be a cutie pie with your evolutionist buddies, fine by me.

But don’t bring that trash into my neighborhood, jocko.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You wanna be a cutie pie with your evolutionist buddies, fine by me.

But don’t bring that trash into my neighborhood, jocko.
Why are you still talking? It's all cool, champ, god told you, and that's fine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Why are you still talking? It's all cool, champ, god told you, and that's fine.
You didn’t recognize a quote from Darwin that he had written in his own book, despite your claim of being “quite familiar” with Darwin and having looked into the theory of evolution “extensively.”

You serve up more whoppers than Burger King lol