Should Marauder Leave?

Should Marauder Leave?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Cosmos

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Not that it matters (we have no right to "vote" anyone off these forums), but I would vote to keep him on the forum.

For one thing, unless he breaks the "House Rules" (aka TOC), he has every right to post his views here.

For another thing, I personally value his willingness to [usually] back his position with solid research despite all the abuse. howardgee, DavidC - you guys can learn something from him.

Peace,

LH
...and you could learn alot from everyone else.

Except that you are too blinded by religion and too stupid to do so.

h

Cosmos

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Here are some of marauder's posts that I have picked out over the past seven days.

Do we want him in our forum? I vote no.

16 Nov '05 20:48
What a childish fool you are. Grow up, get out, have a few beers and get laid. You might actually stop being such a twit and someday look back at all this and say "What a self-righteous jerk I was!
...[text shortened]... ganda to undermine the moral values of our great Christian country.

(This would explain it).
Thanks for taking the time and effort compiling this absolutely hilarious list.

Guess the truth about yourself hurts, huh?

Tell me CE, have you ever stopped to consider that maybe No1 is completely spot on and that his insults are accurate and well deserved?
If you did, then for once in your life you would be right.

l

Moves
18 Nov 05

marauder is a f****** p****. he continues defending his position even when he's wrong. he thinks he's never wrong. he likes to twist his words around. as well as others'.

that being said: he doesn't spam, he can add some intelligence to threads (when he's not too busy with personal attacks), and he usually writes in a professional manner (in terms of grammar and spelling, not WHAT he says). furthermore, i see no reason to ban him. what was listed in the original post, we are all guilty of from time to time. if u wanna get on someone's case, get stang the hell outta here. if anyone deserves a ban, it's him.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Nov 05

You must not know much about Christians or the moderators here.
The moderators have allowed most of his posts to stay up and he remains free to post. This despite the fact that he's been here for over a year and I doubt his style has changed much.

Prove me wrong, chump!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Nov 05

Here are some of marauder's posts that I have picked out over the past seven days.

Do we want him in our forum? I vote no.

16 Nov '05 20:48
What a childish fool you are. Grow up, get out, have a few beers and get laid. You might actually stop being such a twit and someday look back at all this and say "What a self-righteous jerk I was!
...[text shortened]... ganda to undermine the moral values of our great Christian country.

(This would explain it).
How many of these posts were moderated? Guess your ideas on what is acceptable in the Forums and what the Moderators think is acceptable is vastly different. Some of those posts were jokes directed at people I know well here like Phlab. Many were in direct response to insults hurled by other people (try posting the posts I was responding to). And the others?? Tough titty. I admire your lack of a life sufficient to do such exhaustive research on such a trivial matter; if you would put the same effort into actually having any knowledge of what you were talking about maybe you wouldn't come across as such a dunce.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I admire your lack of a life sufficient to do such exhaustive research on such a trivial matter; if you would put the same effort into actually having any knowledge of what you were talking about maybe you wouldn't come across as such a dunce.
Let's review:

Those of you who dislike #1, why do you care if he thinks you are a
fool? Hmm? Let's say, for the sake of argument, that #1 never made
any good points ever and just called people fools. What are the
implications? Are your feelings hurt by an anonymous person with no
brain? Does the quantity of his posts make the forum unreadable?

C'mon folks, get over it.

Now, if you read carefully, often times #1 does make good points.
Often times, they are controversial (his libertarian perspectives) or
challenging (his theological perspectives) or informative (his American
history and legal perspectives).

And, if you stop being self-righteous for a moment, you'll realize that
his arresting wit is actually quite funny. I mean, who could possibly
write:

what anti-psychotic meds would be most effective for his condition or why you are sooooooooooooo gullible you believe this BS??

My comments are clear; have someone who's not an idiot explain them to you.

as part of the Islamofascistatheistcommunist conspiracy out to destroy America, I am paid well to write my propaganda to undermine the moral values of our great Christian country.

This is funny stuff. There was one he said to Ivanhoe about crying
into his pillow some months ago that made me laugh so hard that
I woke up my wife.

#1 has laid into me more than a few times and, 10 times out of 10,
I find myself laughing out loud.

You don't like his comments? Don't respond to them. You're a big
boy or girl: skim them and move on. Or, develop a sense of humor
about yourself and laugh and ignore him.

If you think he's an idiot, why give his comments any currency? If you
don't, then address his concerns. And if you want to learn how to
insult with style, take a page or two out of his book.

Nemesio

P.S., Just read the one I quoted above. You mean to tell me that you
think it's not clever? I can't wait to use this line on one of my friends.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
How many of these posts were moderated? Guess your ideas on what is acceptable in the Forums and what the Moderators think is acceptable is vastly different. Some of those posts were jokes directed at people I know well here like Phlab. Many were in direct response to insults hurled by other people (try posting the posts I was responding to). And the oth ...[text shortened]... ng any knowledge of what you were talking about maybe you wouldn't come across as such a dunce.
I'm guessing he didnt see you call anybody " jerkwad" yet

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
The moderators have allowed most of his posts to stay up and he remains free to post. This despite the fact that he's been here for over a year and I doubt his style has changed much.

Prove me wrong, chump!
Why, you just made my point tuff guy.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
If we were to vote him off, who would speak these truths in his stead?
That's right. I've been voted off the forums before. I don't see why it can't happen to no1. He's been asking for it for a long, long time.

It’s amazing how fast you change your colors.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Nov 05
1 edit

double post

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Nov 05

double post
I pity you even more now that I know you never saw Selma Hayek doing the snake dance in Dusk to Dawn.

That post violates the TOS???

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by howardgee
Thanks for taking the time and effort compiling this absolutely hilarious list.

Tell me CE, have you ever stopped to consider that maybe No1 is completely spot on and that his insults are accurate and well deserved?

Not at all. The reactions here explain a lot.

Insults don’t convince. That’s what you and marauder don't get.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
18 Nov 05

Originally posted by lioyank
marauder is a f****** p****. he continues defending his position even when he's wrong. he thinks he's never wrong. he likes to twist his words around. as well as others'.

that being said: he doesn't spam, he can add some intelligence to threads (when he's not too busy with personal attacks), and he usually writes in a professional manner (in terms of ...[text shortened]... anna get on someone's case, get stang the hell outta here. if anyone deserves a ban, it's him.
From time to time yes. Marauder makes a career out of it.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Nov 05

That's right. I've been voted off the forums before. I don't see why it can't happen to no1. He's been asking for it for a long, long time.

It’s amazing how fast you change your colors.
You don't know Dr S. well enough to understand that his first
post was sarcasm. You would have to be able to see the posts
in July-August 2004 in a forum that no longer exists in order to
understand.

Suffice it to say, you understandably misunderstood.

Nemesio

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Nov 05

[b]Guess the truth about yourself hurts, huh?

Not at all. The reactions here explain a lot.

Insults don’t convince. That’s what you’ve failed to teach marauder.[/b]
Whatever would make you think that I am trying to convince far out fanatics of your ilk anything? You are beyond where reason and logic can help. When you people say something that deserves scorn, you get scorn. djbecker posted today that people dying of AIDS was part of God's plan for population control; BF101 said Tom Paine was damned to Hell. I'm sure you don't find those comments offensive, but you pitch a hissy fit if I make a joke about Selma Hayek's snake dance. Grow up.