Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
346d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have you ever belittled or mocked Kelly or his beliefs?

....You sure?
He'd probably say I have. Maybe he'd be right. But I have never demeaned his faith by referring to his religious beliefs and narratives as "fairytales".

Über-Nerd

Moves
346d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Never, really, and you know that because you know that, how? You don't know a lot of things and it has not stopped you from making pronouncements about what is and is not true. Even your so-called scientific pronouncements you have not backed up and I just have to accept your longevity pronouncements because you don't accept them on their face? I've given you the reasons ...[text shortened]... life get there to direct the processes, mind or mindlessness? Here you can bring up God if you like.
Every human, including one supposed to have been created perfect, has both recessive and dominant alleles. Inbreeding causes recessive alleles to become dominant. Once dominant, they stay dominant and are propagated to successive generations, such that infertility results after about ten generations. The inescapable conclusion is that we would not be here if the entire human race were descended from only two specimens (even supposing them to have been created perfect) because the laws of genetics have not changed in the last 6,000 years.

Below are links to scientific articles on the genetics of inbreeding. (Though I don't suppose you will read them.)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221920028_Inbreeding_and_Genetic_Disorder

https://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/23704/InTech-Inbreeding_and_genetic_disorder.pdf

Real-world cases of the effects of persistent inbreeding:

https://www.dw.com/en/pakistan-cousin-marriages-create-high-risk-of-genetic-disorders/a-60687452

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/how-inbreeding-killed-off-a-line-of-kings

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170726-the-polygamous-town-facing-genetic-disaster

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160113-could-just-two-people-repopulate-earth

F

Moves
346d

@kellyjay said
Blaming religion is more of a scapegoat looking for something to blame outside of ourselves. it is human nature that justifies the evil we do.
But isn't "blaming religion", when to do so might apply, merely a part of esrablishing motive?

If one finds what the motive for an "evil" act is, how does that "justify" it?

If one finds a belief or ideology is the cause of a bad deed, it does not mean that the responsibility for that deed placed "outside of ourselves".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
345d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Every human, including one supposed to have been created perfect, has both recessive and dominant alleles. Inbreeding causes recessive alleles to become dominant. Once dominant, they stay dominant and are propagated to successive generations, such that infertility results after about ten generations. The inescapable conclusion is that we would not be here if the entire human ...[text shortened]... tic-disaster

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160113-could-just-two-people-repopulate-earth
I don’t deny issues with inbreeding I said when we had few issues with longer life spans the problems were not there to the degree they are now, and are growing.

In addition the larger those issues pollute the whole population, could end human life if you follow that to its logical conclusion in my mind opinion. Not causing a evolutionary progression but a digression.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
345d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I was supporting the validity of caissad4's question.

Why not have a go at answering it.
Which question?

In your eagerness to attack me you seem to have lost track of the core content of exchanges between myself and caissad4.

Why not go back and have a look.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
345d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have you ever belittled or mocked Kelly or his beliefs?

....You sure?
Have you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
345d

@kellyjay said

How did the information within life get there to direct the processes, mind or mindlessness?
Oh dear.

Has your pastor been going on about “mindlessness” again?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
345d

@kellyjay said
People do all kinds of evil in the world, most of the evil we see we do to each other, occurs in the name of religion, sex, nationality, or skin color with a host of other things like greed and lust. Blaming religion is more of a scapegoat looking for something to blame outside of ourselves. it is human nature that justifies the evil we do.
No it isn’t.

Hardcore dogmatic religious zealotry has been one the major causes of hatred since the dawn of civilisation.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
342d

IMO the best argument against my OP was made by Dive . But if you admit that the OT and NT are inaccurate , contradictory or totally false then what are you left with ?? Not much . Certainly not a belief system that could be called anything but a fairytale . Over 2 thousand years of zero proof should be sufficient to consign all the Abrahamic religions to the land of Woden and Zeus . It is the 21st century , not the 10th .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
342d

@caissad4 said
IMO the best argument against my OP was made by Dive . But if you admit that the OT and NT are inaccurate , contradictory or totally false then what are you left with ?? Not much . Certainly not a belief system that could be called anything but a fairytale . Over 2 thousand years of zero proof should be sufficient to consign all the Abrahamic religions to the land of Woden and Zeus . It is the 21st century , not the 10th .
I don't admit the OT and NT are inaccurate and contradictory and totally false, never have. You have not presented anything to back up your accretions I'm assuming you cannot, you just wanted to pop off and let others talk, what a wimp you are.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
342d

@kellyjay said
I don't admit the OT and NT are inaccurate and contradictory and totally false, never have. You have not presented anything to back up your accretions I'm assuming you cannot, you just wanted to pop off and let others talk, what a wimp you are.
In over 2000 years you still have zero proof . I am sure that you do believe that the bible is accurate and holy . But even a sincere belief in anything does not make it true . That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence .

F

Moves
342d

@caissad4 said
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence .
Then dismiss it and be done.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
342d

@fmf said
Then dismiss it and be done.
I hereby dismiss it , lol

F

Moves
342d

@caissad4 said
I hereby dismiss it , lol
There's so much more interesting stuff to discuss about the human condition due to the "gap" between atheism and theism. You could no doubt enlighten the likes of KellyJay about many things from your non-religious point of view; telling the likes of KellyJay that they believe in "fairytales" doesn't feel like an exercise in attempted enlightenment. Please forgive my sanctimoniousness. 🙂

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
342d

@fmf said
There's so much more interesting stuff to discuss about the human condition due to the "gap" between atheism and theism. You could no doubt enlighten the likes of KellyJay about many things from your non-religious point of view; telling the likes of KellyJay that they believe in "fairytales" doesn't feel like an exercise in attempted enlightenment. Please forgive my sanctimoniousness. 🙂
First off . Kellyjay does not wish to be "enlightened " despite what he may say . He believes what he believes and nothing short of Jesus himself coming down to him and saying "Hey KellyJay , I don't exist " could possibly change that . Even then he would likely say it was the dirty old Devil trying to deceive him . Facts are always irrelevant to people who life is ordered only by beliefs. Christianity and Islam are both malignant cancers who have murdered millions of people for simply a lack of belief in their "special fairytales" .