Religion excludes women

Religion excludes women

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Have you investigated the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Your claim there’s “zero” evidence tells me you haven’t.

And your belief that the theory of evolution is “evidence based” tells me you haven’t investigated that either.
As already posted elsewhere:

Give me one tangible piece of evidence, here in this thread, to evidence the resurrection of Christ. Just one.

Something that matches the tangibility of a fossil or a dinosaur bone.

Yes, you can say Bob Jones saw it happen, or Bob Jones wrote down at the time that it happened, but I could do the same with Fred Clark and his witnessing of the Yeti. None of that is evidence. It is merely words of other men, often with their own agenda at play.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That's irrelevant if you are unaware of how a census works. It doesn't change the fact that there was no need for Joseph and his family having to return to Bethlehem, making it blatantly obvious the writers of the accounts were trying to fulfil OT prophecies and manipulating facts to make them fit.

So no, I won't leave that aside.
I’ve looked into the question of whether Joseph had to go to Bethlehem and suggest you do as well.

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I’ve looked into the question of whether Joseph had to go to Bethlehem and suggest you do as well.
I have done. You have clearly gone to the wrong site.

Please evidence the existence of the census and why it was required for Joseph to go to his place of birth, rather than where he was currently living.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As already posted elsewhere:

Give me one tangible piece of evidence, here in this thread, to evidence the resurrection of Christ. Just one.

Something that matches the tangibility of a fossil or a dinosaur bone.

Yes, you can say Bob Jones saw it happen, or Bob Jones wrote down at the time that it happened, but I could do the same with Fred Clark and his witn ...[text shortened]... eti. None of that is evidence. It is merely words of other men, often with their own agenda at play.
Where’s His body?

Why did people claim to see Him alive after His crucifixion?

Why did the behavior of His disciples change so dramatically from immediately after His crucifixion to after His Resurrection?

Why did Saul of Tarsus go from being one of the worst persecutors of early Christians to being (arguably) their greatest advocate and defender and to writing most of the New Testament?

Why did Jesus Christ’s disciples go to their deaths rather than refuse to deny they saw the Resurrected Christ?

How did Christianity even get off the ground as a religion? After Jesus’ crucifixion, His disciples went back to their professions. No one thought about preaching anything in the Name of Jesus.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Where’s His body?

Why did people claim to see Him alive after His crucifixion?

Why did the behavior of His disciples change so dramatically from immediately after His crucifixion to after His Resurrection?

Why did Saul of Tarsus go from being one of the worst persecutors of early Christians to being (arguably) their greatest advocate and defender and to writing most o ...[text shortened]... ciples went back to their professions. No one thought about preaching anything in the Name of Jesus.
Oh dear. I honestly thought you had more than that. How embarrassing.

Why do people claim to have seem UFOs? Why did Bob do this, why did Dave do that? Who knows, who cares. Where is the evidence?!

I've seen more impressive evidence tendered for the existence of Leprechauns.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Oh dear. I honestly thought you had more than that. How embarrassing.

Why do people claim to have seem UFOs? Why did Bob do this, why did Dave do that? Who knows, who cares. Where is the evidence?!

I've seen more impressive evidence tendered for the existence of Leprechauns.
Are you suggesting UFOs by their acronym of unidentified flying objects haven’t been seen?

And you’re downplaying by a great deal the significance of the disciples’ and Saul of Tarsus’ change in behavior.

Would you die for a lie? Would you endure beatings and imprisonment for a lie?

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Are you suggesting UFOs by their acronym of unidentified flying objects haven’t been seen?

And you’re downplaying by a great deal the significance of the disciples’ and Saul of Tarsus’ change in behavior.

Would you die for a lie? Would you endure beatings and imprisonment for a lie?
You asked, "Why did people claim to see Him alive after His crucifixion?"

How is my question any different? - "Why do people claim to see UFOs? Why do people claim to have seen Bigfoot, ghosts, leprechauns?"

People claim to have seen all sorts of things, for a plethora of reasons. How is that evidence?! Some people lie, some people are delusional, some people misinterpret what they see, some people have a hidden agenda. Trying to second guess these things is fools' errand. It certainly isn't tangible evidence for anything.

Similar claims are made in other religions of all kinds of divine encounters. I assume you don't accept these as evidence?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

How is my question any different? - "Why do people claim to see UFOs? Why do people claim to have seen Bigfoot, ghosts, leprechauns?"

People claim to have seen all sorts of things, for a plethora of reasons. How is that evidence?! Some people lie, some people are delusional, some people ...[text shortened]... in other religions of all kinds of divine encounters. I assume you don't accept these as evidence?!
Would you die for a lie? Would you endure beatings and imprisonment for a lie? Would you endure suffering and hardships for a lie? Would you permit yourself to literally be burned alive at a stake for a lie?

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Would you die for a lie? Would you endure beatings and imprisonment for a lie? Would you endure suffering and hardships for a lie? Would you permit yourself to literally be burned alive at a stake for a lie?
People throughout history have died for a lie, believing that lie to be true. (During the English Reformation for example).

How is that evidence? How is it relevant if some ancient chap believed in the resurrection of Christ? Modern Christians believe that. That doesn't render it evidence.

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said

People claim to have seen all sorts of things, for a plethora of reasons. How is that evidence?! Some people lie, some people are delusional, some people ...[text shortened]... in other religions of all kinds of divine encounters. I assume you don't accept these as evidence?!
Feel free peanut butter guy to address the post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
People throughout history have died for a lie, believing that lie to be true. (During the English Reformation for example).

How is that evidence? How is it relevant if some ancient chap believed in the resurrection of Christ? Modern Christians believe that. That doesn't render it evidence.
The people I described did not die for a belief they may have been mistaken about.

The people I described died for refusing to deny they saw the Resurrected Christ with their own eyes.

People can and have died for false beliefs - something they believed but were honestly mistaken about.

That’s not what I’m talking about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

How did Christianity even get off the ground as a religion? After Jesus’ crucifixion, His disciples went back to their professions. No one thought about preaching anything in the Name of Jesus.
Have you read the book of Acts?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Let's start with:

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” Genesis 3
Ok, good. Thank you.

(I had overlooked this.)

Have you any others?

(Not trying to belabor the point.)

Moves
12 Jan 22

@suzianne said
Ok, good. Thank you.

(I had overlooked this.)

Have you any others?

(Not trying to belabor the point.)
That was the one that first came to mind, but I think the same sentiment permeates scripture, the inequality between man and women, and indeed the subservience of women. Again, if the Bible is the word of God I think it is difficult to argue that God has a different view of women in the great scheme of things.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And what did God say that in reaction to?

Eve disobeying Him and following Satan and persuading Adam to do likewise.

You think God said that out of the blue, with no justification or reason behind it?
And because of an allegory, women would remain 2nd class citizens for thousands of years.

I'm thinking that somone's gonna have a lot to say at Judgement to a bunch of church elders since Moses.

After all, they pass judgement on an entire gender and set it in stone so that it continues for millenia.