Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Rajk999 I accept more BECAUSE ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Tap water.

I've er, misplaced my wallet.
The cheque's in the mail.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@moonbus said
The cheque's in the mail.
Sir, if I may ask you to look inside my wallet – which has been inexplicably lying in full view on the table this whole time – I believe you will find both the cheque you mentioned as well as a scrap of paper upon which is written the headline for Thursday's New York Times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22
4 edits

@moonbus

Sonship, THIS is one of the reasons you reap so much push-back and criticism. You're not here to debate scripture. You're here to justify yourself and to satisfy yourself that you know something precious which no one else here knows. You're a pretentious pratt.

Well, can you explain to me (since interpretation of Scripture IS important to you) does this paragraph . . . and read it carefully please

There is One God, and One mediator, Jesus Christ. God so loved the world [not Jews or Christians only], that he gave his Son Jesus to die so that .. by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18 KJV) [all men - regardless of religion], so that whosoever believeth on Him [with their heart] as evidenced by good works clearly identified by Jesus, For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:35-36 KJV), will have everlasting life.

mean that among those who received the gift of justification which was gifted to ALL men there these ones called goats in Matthew 25:31-46 who will be told to depart into the eternal punishment prepared for the devil and his angels IN POSSESSION OF THE GIFT ?

Now you say atheists push back on me more than Rajk999 because he not I am here to debate Scripture.

Aside from that SEE if you can explain how those goats depart into a curse of eternal punishment prepared for the devil and his angels though they have been recipients of - "righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. "

If he communicated to you more effectively, you should be able to answer my question.

I think you have one of two choices:

A. the free gift was revoked at some time so that the goats HAVING possessed it lost it. The justification was only on temporary loan.

B. The goats are justified but condemned anyway. ?!?
And that with the devil and his angels for whom the punishment was prepared.

Or are you waiting for Rajk999 to RE - EXPLAIN himself ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@moonbus

Sonship, THIS is one of the reasons you reap so much push-back and criticism. You're not here to debate scripture. You're here to justify yourself and to satisfy yourself that you know something precious which no one else here knows. You're a pretentious pratt.

Well, can you explain to me (since interpretation of Scripture IS important to ...[text shortened]... for whom the punishment was prepared.

Or are you waiting for Rajk999 to RE - EXPLAIN himself ?
C. Ignore you and your nonsense, because the Good Samaritans of this world does not need to know, neither care about, any such thing. Their place in the Kingdom of God is secure because they have, fed, clothed, and shown brotherly love and charity to Jesus Christ, and they will be rewarded.

The goats on the other hand were probably too busy to help anyone as they were proclaiming their faith and calling Lord Lord, 100 times a day.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22
4 edits

moonbus?

I do not argue as much with Rajk999 because . . . . .

he's more sensible than some of the other posters here. This does not mean that I agree with everything he posts.

Then can you show me the more sensibleness.

Aside from that SEE if you can explain how those goats depart into a curse of eternal punishment prepared for the devil and his angels though they have been recipients of - "righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. "
. . .
A. the free gift was revoked at some time so that the goats HAVING possessed it lost it. The justification was only on temporary loan.

B. The goats are justified but condemned anyway. ?!?
And that with the devil and his angels for whom the punishment was prepared.

Or moonbus, do you see a third alternative ?
He's more sensible. Right?
So what did he mean ?

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Feb 22

@sonship said
moonbus?

he's more sensible than some of the other posters here. This does not mean that I agree with everything he posts.

Aside from that SEE if you can explain how those goats depart into a curse of eternal punishment prepared for the devil ...[text shortened]... Or moonbus, do you see a third alternative ?
So what did he mean ?
I am not interested in discussing Rajk’s theology with you. He’s quite capable of expressing it for himself and already did so.

Your knowledge of Scripture is prodigious, yet you go astray with it, time and again, browbeating people with miles and miles of quoted passages and arguing arcane points into a hole in the ground.

I remind you of the parable of the Roman centurion, presumably a pagan, who came to Jesus on behalf of his sick servant. You can no doubt cite chapter and verse by heart. Jesus’s reply to the centurion was telling. “Go home now. YOUR faith has healed him.” Note that Jesus does not say that HE Jesus has healed the sick servant, but that the pagan’s faith has done so. So, what did the pagan centurion’s ‘faith’ consist in? Simply this, that he, a Roman centurion, a man of high rank, had humbled himself before a Jew in an occupied province to ask a favor, not for himself but for someone else of low rank. There you have essence of what Jesus taught in one simple parable; no dogma, no virgin birth, no resurrection, no afterlife, no trinity, no basilica-sized belief structure about any fancy-pants theological concepts. Just humble service to others less fortunate than oneself.

Now, go out and walk your faith, if you have any. If all you have is miles and miles of quoting Scripture, then you are a fraud.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
moonbus?

Aside from that SEE if you can explain how those goats depart into a curse of eternal punishment prepared for the devil ...[text shortened]... Or moonbus, do you see a third alternative ?
So what did he mean ?
"C. Ignore you and your nonsense, because the Good Samaritans of this world does not need to know, neither care about, any such thing. Their place in the Kingdom of God is secure because they have, fed, clothed, and shown brotherly love and charity to Jesus Christ, and they will be rewarded.

The goats on the other hand were probably too busy to help anyone as they were proclaiming their faith and calling Lord Lord, 100 times a day."

There, you see? Rajk is perfectly clear and understandable. The fact that you don't agree with his take on it is another matter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 22
3 edits

@moonbus

Well, you gave two answers moonbus. I found some helpful things mentioned in your first reply. Yet not too much showing Rajk999's "more sensible" take on some things. Thanks though.

In you second reply, that's the kind of thing which might call for a response from me which you chide me for as a "browbeating." Maybe you should learn to quit while you're ahead.

Enjoy the Lord Jesus, if you know Him.
Follow whatever increases your love for this wonderful One.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Feb 22
2 edits

@sonship

Go in peace, Sonship. I have no quarrel with you. You asked why I don't as often cross swords with Rajk as with some others. He quite sensibly did not allow himself to be maneuvered into your false dichotomy a) or b). Now you know.

EDIT: TU from me.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Feb 22

@moonbus said
I am not interested in discussing Rajk’s theology with you. He’s quite capable of expressing it for himself and already did so.

Your knowledge of Scripture is prodigious, yet you go astray with it, time and again, browbeating people with miles and miles of quoted passages and arguing arcane points into a hole in the ground.

I remind you of the parable of the Roman cen ...[text shortened]... ith, if you have any. If all you have is miles and miles of quoting Scripture, then you are a fraud.
Great post. Unfortunately he is a church Christian and they have removed the teachings of Christ from the Gospel.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Feb 22

@sonship said

Enjoy the Lord Jesus, if you know Him.
Follow whatever increases your love for this wonderful One.
There is only one way to show your love for Christ or for God and that is to show charitable love for others.

Your way is to talk and there is no virtue in that.

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Feb 22
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Great post. Unfortunately he is a church Christian and they have removed the teachings of Christ from the Gospel.
Well, thanks for the compliment, but I don't see it quite the way you do. I think Churchianity has over-layered the teachings of Jesus with a load of crappy theology. It takes a lot of digging to get at the root ideas, and a lot of intellectual honesty to de-construct the humungous theological edifice which has been erected on top of the Jesus-figure over the last 2,000 or so years. The real eye-opener for me came with the publication of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library, wherein we get glimpses of some of the alternate Christianities which the Church of Rome had long thought to have eradicated from the historical record.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
There is only one way to show your love for Christ or for God and that is to show charitable love for others.

Your way is to talk and there is no virtue in that.
<<There is only one way to show your love for Christ or for God and that is to show charitable love for others.>>

So why are what Jesus Christ called the two greatest commandments not one commandment?

“And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”

(Mark 12:30-31)

Do you think you show love for people in this forum?

All I see is you insulting and bearing false witness against people.

That’s not love. That’s hate.

F

Moves
09 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Do you think you show love for people in this forum?All I see is you insulting and bearing false witness against people.
Oh, the irony.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Oh, the irony.
I don’t insult people unprovoked (and often when I’m provoked I don’t insult them) and I never bear false witness against them.

And that “Oh, the irony” line is really played. Why don’t you come up with something new?