Predestination. True or false?

Predestination. True or false?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Why don’t you just say what you think … teacher!
If you'll stop saying what you think!!! Deal?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

Use the mystery of predestination with faith and thanksgiving.

" Lord Jesus, I want to thank You for predestinating me before the foundation of the world to be before you one day without blemish, without spot, holy, a son of God. Lord Jesus this is more than I could ever think to ask. I want to thank You for your love and Your predestination of my salvation."

Stand upon it.
Thank the Lord for His marking out your destiny to salvation.
Stand upon it believing with thanksgiving.

I bet God will honor that kind of step of faith.
And you will begin to have that unspeakable personal communion with the
predestinating One.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@sonship said
Use the mystery of predestination with faith and thanksgiving.

[i] " Lord Jesus, I want to thank You for predestinating me before the foundation of the world to be before you one day without blemish, without spot, holy, a son of God. Lord Jesus this is more than I could ever think to ask. I want to thank You for your love and Your predestination of my salvation." ...[text shortened]... And you will begin to have that unspeakable personal communion with the
predestinating One.
So do you pray? If so do you ask for forgiveness of your sins you did that day? Do you ask for God to protect you and your family?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Your dodge is noted. Or I should say your excuse.

However the scriptures I posted on page one remain there for you to address while you attempt to sidestep them.
Note it again. Not gonna happen.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
I refer you to the raft of scripture confirming that predestination is robustly detailed in the Bible.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Note it again. Not gonna happen.
My post on page one demonstrates that predestination is in fact robustly supported in the bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@galveston75

So do you pray? If so do you ask for forgiveness of your sins you did that day? Do you ask for God to protect you and your family?

Yes, of course.
We have the wonderful story of Joseph to see how God's sovereignty transcended all things. What ever happened to Joseph in Genesis only went to God fulfilling His will for him.

Aren't you glad that in the very first book of the Bible, Genesis we have the graphic story of God's providence, predestination, transcendent overseeing of all things to fulfill His plans for Joseph.

Early, early in the divine revelation of the Bible we see the transcendent over time God operating all things beyond our imagination to fulfill His eternal purpose.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
But don't ones who are "saved" still pray and ask for forgiveness of sins that they have committed that day? If they are saved and predestined for salvation, why pray and ask for forgiveness? No need I would think.....
If you’re a poor orphan who’s adopted into a wealthy and loving family, do you stop saying “Thank you” to your new father when he does things for you?

Do you stop saying you’re sorry when you do something wrong?

Do you stop asking him for help when you’re in trouble?

Just because you’re part of the family doesn’t mean you no longer show gratitude and remorse and ask for help.

c

Moves
14 Jan 22

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

Going to bed. Back tomorrow.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22
2 edits

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
Give me this claimed “raft” of scripture about “hell”.
Other than the strange stuff in revelation, I don’t think there is much on “hell”.

Then let’s discuss its merits in terms of being literal, morally and logically comprehensible and in line with the general message of the gospel.

F

Moves
14 Jan 22

@sonship said
My sincere advice to anyone reading this which has been pondered by minds smarter than anyone musing and contemplating predestination here tonight
You have a rather ordinary mind sonship, as evidenced by your constant regurgitation of rote-learned dogma and inability to process dissent, so you appealing to some "authority" or other on these matters of superstition that we are "musing", and then labelling that "authority" as being "minds smarter than anyone here" says more about you being neck-deep in the intellectual quicksand of confirmation bias than it does about the intellects of any of the people here that your "ministry" has you seeking to condescend.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Going to bed. Back tomorrow.
Early night then.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22
2 edits

Be pragmatic and USE the mystery of predetination.

" Lord Jesus, I never would have loved you. Lord Jesus I never would have believed in You. I have a cold heart. I have no faith. Lord Jesus I possess no ability in myself alone to believe in You. But Lord Jesus I THANK you for marking out my destiny to love You and receive Your salvation, your sacrtifice for my sins. Thankyou Lord Jesus for Your wonderful predestination."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

The Scriptures dive cited aren’t just a raft, they’re robust as well.

They’re a robust raft of Scripture.