Predestination. True or false?

Predestination. True or false?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 22

@sonship said
God not only responds to prayer. There things He will not do unless prayer from men on earth have sought them. He waits for man to agree with His desired will and ASK Him to fulfill it.

Sometimes He even exhorted His people to "command" Him concerning His will.

Isaiah 45:11 - " Thus says Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him,

...[text shortened]... e about the things to come concerning My sons, And concerning the work of My hands, command Me "
God only responds to the prayers of the righteous. That little fact is stated several times in the bible. The wicked, or evil or people who do not please God, God will ignore their prayers.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
God only responds to the prayers of the righteous. That little fact is stated several times in the bible. The wicked, or evil or people who do not please God, God will ignore their prayers.
And the righteous are those who have accepted Jesus Christ and who believe in Him and His Resurrection

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And the righteous are those who have accepted Jesus Christ and who believe in Him and His Resurrection
“Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:34.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

So what made me post this predestination thread is because of my stepdaughter. Her husband is a preacher of his own little church, in their house. He says no one knows the bible like he does so he started his own. Whatever. Anyway they refuse to get the covid vaccinations because they believe in total predestination. So they are not going to get vaccinated because when it's time for them to die or be killed or taken up by aliens, it is their time. They have no right to mess with time in case what has been predetermined happens to happen. They have no desire to miss it.
Soooooo there you go. Their version. So mostly started this thread to see what other versions are out there.

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
So what made me post this predestination thread is because of my stepdaughter. Her husband is a preacher of his own little church, in their house. He says no one knows the bible like he does so he started his own. Whatever. Anyway they refuse to get the covid vaccinations because they believe in total predestination. So they are not going to get vaccinated because when it ...[text shortened]... there you go. Their version. So mostly started this thread to see what other versions are out there.
How is your “unbelief” now that you have had an opportunity to review those scriptures I offered?

Moves
14 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
How do we know who is called and who is chosen and who is neither.
I suspect nobody knows.
I don’t know; nevertheless the Bible seems to be adamant that predestination exists.

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
So what made me post this predestination thread is because of my stepdaughter. Her husband is a preacher of his own little church, in their house. He says no one knows the bible like he does so he started his own. Whatever. Anyway they refuse to get the covid vaccinations because they believe in total predestination. So they are not going to get vaccinated because when it ...[text shortened]... there you go. Their version. So mostly started this thread to see what other versions are out there.
That's a daft reason not to get vaccinated. No offence to you personally, but the same can be said for the biblical justification in not receiving a blood transfusion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
How do we know who is called and who is chosen and who is neither.
I suspect nobody knows.
Romans 8:16

Moves
14 Jan 22

Unbelief is a terrible thing…

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Unbelief is a terrible thing…
Thankfully I believe in humanity and our advancement in science and intellectual growth.

I suspect, in 2235, belief in God or gods will be seen as a curious and rather quaint thing from the past. (A bit like paper money and velcro).

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Thankfully I believe in humanity and our advancement in science and intellectual growth.

I suspect, in 2235, belief in God or gods will be seen as a curious and rather quaint thing from the past. (A bit like paper money and velcro).
Just curious with a question for the future. How will science stop hate?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I don’t know; nevertheless the Bible seems to be adamant that predestination exists.
Of course it exists but I know there are Christians who will say they are all predestined for eternal life.

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Just curious with a question for the future. How will science stop hate?
You stated on the previous page, that despite you reading a bunch of scripture support of predestination that you were in a state of unbelief. How do you feel now you have reviewed those scriptures again?

More believing I hope.

Moves
14 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Of course it exists but I know there are Christians who will say they are all predestined for eternal life.
Galveston75 indicated that he was in a state of unbelief.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Galveston75 indicated that he was in a state of unbelief.
Galveston believes only the 144,000 JW elders which Revelation speaks of(for him), are predestined and they go to heaven.