Predestination. True or false?

Predestination. True or false?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I suspect you to have been a drug user when you were here before; please refrain from allowing any residual habit ruin the opportunity to you have to contribute to this forum.
You suspect wrong.

But don’t let that stop you from making unfounded accusations.

c

Moves
14 Jan 22

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

If predestination is true, lets say I walk out my front door, out to the curb and not paying attention step out to the street and get killed by a car.
So was it predestined for that driver to hit and kill me? Maybe they were one of the kindest humans on the planet? Did God make them do that? Did God make them to be born on a certain date and time in history and live in the town I live in and to buy that exact car and drive down that exact street and to catch those exact red and green lights to be at my exact address at that date to be the one to hit and kill me?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
If predestination is true, lets say I walk out my front door, out to the curb and not paying attention step out to the street and get killed by a car.
So was it predestined for that driver to hit and kill me? Maybe they were one of the kindest humans on the planet? Did God make them do that? Did God make them to be born on a certain date and time in history and live in ...[text shortened]... exact red and green lights to be at my exact address at that date to be the one to hit and kill me?
I think predestination, as I understand it, refers to salvation - where you spend eternity - and not every decision you make in life.

You can certainly be led by the Holy Spirit and make decisions based on walking in the Spirit instead of walking in the flesh, but even then, I don’t think you lose your free will - you just avoid making stupid decisions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22
1 edit

@galveston75 said
If predestination is true
I have given you a raft of scriptures on page 1.

What do you think of those?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I think predestination, as I understand it, refers to salvation - where you spend eternity - and not every decision you make in life.

You can certainly be led by the Holy Spirit and make decisions based on walking in the Spirit instead of walking in the flesh, but even then, I don’t think you lose your free will - you just avoid making stupid decisions.
But don't ones who are "saved" still pray and ask for forgiveness of sins that they have committed that day? If they are saved and predestined for salvation, why pray and ask for forgiveness? No need I would think.....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
Predestination is documented robustly, as I’ve posted on page one. Freedom of choice is also documented. I accept both options and have no issue with either.

I believe that hell and all it’s machinations was done away with at Calvary.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
If predestination is true, why pray?
It is true. I’ve given you a raft of scriptures confirming it on page one.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I have you a raft of scriptures on page 1.

What do you think of those?
Not going there with you buddy. You are already answering others like a jerk so I have no use for that tonight. Take care........................................

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Not going there with you buddy. You are already answering others like a jerk so I have no use for that tonight. Take care........................................
Your dodge is noted. Or I should say your excuse.

However the scriptures I posted on page one remain there for you to address while you attempt to sidestep them.

F

Moves
14 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
But don't ones who are "saved" still pray and ask for forgiveness of sins that they have committed that day? If they are saved and predestined for salvation, why pray and ask for forgiveness? No need I would think.....
Isn't "predestination" simply a way of referring to the fact that an omniscient [and perhaps intervening] creator entity, not bound by time, future or past ~ like the Christian, Islamic and Jewish God figures ~ already has knowledge of what will happen [and will have happened at any given point in the future] as a result of people exercising their "free will"?

F

Moves
14 Jan 22

@fmf said
Isn't "predestination" simply a way of referring to the fact that an omniscient [and perhaps intervening] creator entity, not bound by time, future or past ~ like the Christian, Islamic and Jewish God figures ~ already has knowledge of what will happen [and will have happened at any given point in the future] as a result of people exercising their "free will"?
In other words, people are exercising their "free will" and their omniscient creator already knows what will happen to them as a result.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 22
2 edits

My sincere advice to anyone reading this which has been pondered by minds smarter than anyone musing and contemplating predestination here tonight -

USE the mystery with thanksgiving like this -

"Lord Jesus, Thankyou. Thankyou Lord for predestinating me to believe in You and be saved unto eternal life. Lord Jesus I want to thank You for marking out my destiny of salvation beforehand."

I am serious.
And I am saying what do you have to lose?
Use the paradox of predestination / free will.
Thank Him that you've been predestinated to be His forever.

c

Moves
14 Jan 22

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jan 22

"Predestination, in Christian theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul." Wikipedia