pope caving in ?

pope caving in ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
324d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
On celibacy, Jesus said:

“Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.” (Matthew 19:11)

He ...[text shortened]... between Christian teaching (especially when not backed up by scripture) and the teachings of Christ.
As you see it, should Christian homosexuals who see homosexual sex as "sinful" [because of their conditioning by their church], and who nevertheless engage in it, be repentant and pray for forgiveness each time after having sex?

Or do you see, theologically speaking, that willful and deliberate "sinfulness" is automatically forgiven through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
324d

@fmf said
As you see it, should Christian homosexuals who see homosexual sex as "sinful" [because of their conditioning by their church], and who nevertheless engage in it, be repentant and pray for forgiveness each time after having sex?

Or do you see, theologically speaking, that willful and deliberate "sinfulness" is automatically forgiven through the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus?
I think gay Christians shouldn't concern themselves with what other humans think, even if this is within the church or church dogma. A Christian should only concern themselves with scripture, and especially the teachings of Jesus, believing as they do He speaks for God. (Or is God).

The issue of forgiveness (if required) is between the Christian and their maker. - However, the same Jesus who tells people to go and sin no more also tells people not to cast stones at sinners and implies nobody is without sin. On this basis, 'all' Christians probably require forgiveness.

mlb62

Moves
315d

Pope has just assigned 21 new Cardinals..they are said to be ultra liberals who don't follow the exact words of the Bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
315d

@fmf said

πŸ™„

F

Moves
315d

@suzianne said
πŸ™„
By jove. I've stumbled across yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
313d

@fmf said
By jove. I've stumbled across yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
"Another topic"?

Same old topic. A topic you don't believe in yourself, yet you're grilling others about it?

Sit down.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
313d

@suzianne said
"Another topic"?

Same old topic. A topic you don't believe in yourself, yet you're grilling others about it?

Sit down.
But FMF does “believe in the topic” he’s evidently very committed to the topic.

F

Moves
312d

@suzianne said
"Another topic"?
Yes, yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
312d

@fmf said
Yes, yet another topic you aren't able to converse about.
Another topic you can't be bothered to believe in, yet you believe you can bother others about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
312d

@divegeester said
But FMF does “believe in the topic” he’s evidently very committed to the topic.
He believes in sin?

Probably a surprise to him.

F

Moves
312d

@suzianne said
He believes in sin?

Probably a surprise to him.
I believe that the notion of "sin" is very real to people who believe that God's will can be transgressed and I believe that this phenomenon has a massive effect on human behaviour and interaction. Thus, it is an interesting topic.