People act like they believe in God

People act like they believe in God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 May 23

@josephw said
Quite boring. They kept interrupting each other. IMO neither of them actually knows what they're talking about.

"Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?"

I can't draw that conclusion. Whether or not people believe in God they ultimately choose to either obey or violate their own conscience, believer and unbeliever alike.
Did you watch it BEFORE you made your first comments in the thread, which is what I’m referring to?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
361d

@fmf said
People who behave in a morally sound way are acting like they believe in God, at least this is what Jordan Peterson believes.

Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXbx9JbHLI
Do you believe that people here, who say they believe in God, are only acting?

F

Moves
361d

@suzianne said
Do you believe that people here, who say they believe in God, are only acting?
No. My OP is an invitation to watch the video I posted and then discuss it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
352d
1 edit

@fmf said
No. My OP is an invitation to watch the video I posted and then discuss it.
I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says. I was trying to get to your motivation for posting this.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say. You're not exactly an expert about "Spirituality".

F

Moves
352d

@suzianne said
I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says. I was trying to get to your motivation for posting this.
I posted it because it's interesting.

F

Moves
352d

@suzianne said
I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say.
You sound like you are playing a victim card.

F

Moves
352d

@suzianne said
You're not exactly an expert about "Spirituality".
I don't think anyone here is an "expert" per se. All of us just post here because of our interest in things stemming from the topic of spirituality.

F

Moves
352d

@suzianne said
I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says.
He swerves between being very thought-provoking, sometimes, to being a complete and utter charlatan at other times.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
347d

@fmf said
You sound like you are playing a victim card.
Blame-shifting. Ballsy.

F

Moves
347d

@suzianne said
Blame-shifting. Ballsy.
You said "I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say". But no one is 'shutting down" anything. It isn't true. You sound like you're just playing a victim card rather than posting something on-topic.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
347d

@fmf said
You said "I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say". But no one is 'shutting down" anything. It isn't true. You sound like you're just playing a victim card rather than posting something on-topic.
No, I'm talking about your reaction to my posts. Simple as.

F

Moves
347d

@suzianne said
No, I'm talking about your reaction to my posts. Simple as.
Someone expressing different opinions to yours doesn't mean you are being "shut down".