Illusions opinions reality

Illusions opinions reality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Amazing, you could miss it still.
If you have evidence that you objectively "color [your] world with truth", then simply present it.

If you don't, then simply admit it.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
And what is the point of it?
I think the point of it now, for you, is that it provides you with a ripcord so you can bail out of the substance of what we are talking about.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Amazing, you could miss it still.
I am not missing anything.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
The point you are missing is in this conversation it isn't 'a' truth I'm trying to get anyone to see of mine. It is only that the truth is out there, not in us, we are not the masters of reality.
And it's your prerogative to speculate and express your personal opinions about the nature of that "reality".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 19

@thinkofone said
If you have evidence that you objectively "color [your] world with truth", then simply present it.

If you and I were to both die today, would the universe as it is go away, or go on without us like it has for everyone else who dies? We are not the masters of reality it does not depend on us, we can believe we can fly jump off a tall building and fly, what would happen would be we would crash and die. Our beliefs don't alter reality or anything else other than our opinions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 19

@fmf said
And it's your prerogative to speculate and express your personal opinions about the nature of that "reality".
Thank you for your opinion.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Thank you for your opinion.
That's all we are doing: you share your opinion about "reality" and "truth", and I do likewise. There is nothing else going on here.

T

Moves
07 Apr 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If you and I were to both die today, would the universe as it is go away, or go on without us like it has for everyone else who dies? We are not the masters of reality it does not depend on us, we can believe we can fly jump off a tall building and fly, what would happen would be we would crash and die. Our beliefs don't alter reality or anything else other than our opinions.
Our beliefs don't alter reality or anything else other than our opinions.

I agree.

Be that as it may:
If you have evidence that YOU objectively "color [YOUR] world with truth", then simply present it.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Our beliefs don't alter reality or anything else other than our opinions.
Your beliefs and opinions do not alter reality.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
So living in an illusion is okay if it makes one happy? Doesn't these positions actually carry some serious realities, no matter what one of the two you happen to favor?
Can you suggest two or three "serious realities" stemming from not having the same religious beliefs as you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 19

@fmf said
Your beliefs and opinions do not alter reality.
I agree.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 19

@fmf said
Can you suggest two or three "serious realities" stemming from not having the same religious beliefs as you?
There is only one reality, my beliefs don't change it no matter what I believe, and the same thing is also true for you, and everyone else.

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
There is only one reality, my beliefs don't change it no matter what I believe, and the same thing is also true for you, and everyone else.
I get that. But I am asking you to suggest two or three "serious" consequeces for me for not sharing your opinions about reality and your religious beliefs?

F

Moves
07 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
So you can tell when someone is disobeying their own moral compass? What if what they say their moral compass is showing them is a lie, and what they are doing is obeying their moral compass? Lying might just be part of how they are walking out their path, how could you tell the difference?
Some people act in immoral ways. It's part and parcel of the human condition. In moral terms, the way I "tell the difference" between people's actions [and moral character] is by using my moral compass. I then choose to interact with such people as I see fit. If the transgression is very serious and breaks laws, it will be processed by police and the courts.

How do you "tell the difference" between me and, say, Donald Trump? You have met neither of us, but you must perceive some difference between us as moral agents. How do you "tell the difference"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 19

@fmf said
I am not missing anything.
Well thank you for your opinion!