If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Nov 18

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 18

@KellyJay

What do you think about this Kelly?
Ring any bells?

Narcissism They Already Know the Answer

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 18

@sonship said
@KellyJay

What do you think about this Kelly?
Ring any bells?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-6YGnithZw
I know a few I'd call that, but typically for those everything is about them, and I do
mean everything. Its all how they are affected, it all comes back to them. The
asking of questions here could be applied to most of us, I know I have asked
questions I did not know the answers too, other times I do, or better said, I at least
think I do. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 18
1 edit

@KellyJay

THINK they know the answer, is how I would put it.

Now concerning the Father and the Son being the same God this is the hard question no one has asked, which I will ask myself. Since it is alleged that I'm scared of tough questions.

No one has asked about "Patriapassionism".

Well ... if the Son is called the Father, then did the Father die on the cross on Calvary ?

That's my next assignment, unless someone else prospers an answer.
Good one isn't it ?

c

Moves
14 Nov 18

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Now concerning the Father and the Son being the same God this is the hard question no one has asked, which I will ask myself. Since it is alleged that I'm scared of tough questions.

Well ... if the Son is called the Father, then did the Father die on the cross ...[text shortened]... lvary ?

Good one isn't it ?
Asked differently, was the Father also in the womb with Jesus?

Gets sort of silly, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 18

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Well ... if the Son is called the Father, then did the Father die on the cross ...[text shortened]... lvary ?

Good one isn't it ?
Father, Son, Holy Spirit are one, They are God, you can see proof for each one
being called God, and they are in total agreement. You cannot have the Father
unless you have the Son, the Holy Spirit was sent to over shadow Mary and bring
into the world Jesus the Son of God. Could something less than God do that? I
don't worry about those that deny Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit being God.

People can look at scriptures and see things addressed very plainly and still deny
them, if they are that blind no conversation is going to open their eyes, they need
the Spirit of God to do that.

F

Moves
14 Nov 18

@sonship said
You are arguably the biggest narcissist in this community. Oblivious to what's going on in the community. Oblivious about the character and posting of other posters. Oblivious to other threads. Oblivious to others. Oblivious to the community here. Obsessed with regurgitating the screeds of some idol of yours, some sort of incessant vicarious holier-than-thou schtick. Spitting self-sanctified Bible-quoting visceral venom when your feathers are ruffled. You are arguably the biggest narcissist in this community.

F

Moves
14 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
People can look at scriptures and see things addressed very plainly and still deny
them, if they are that blind no conversation is going to open their eyes, they need
the Spirit of God to do that.
Special knowledge. Check.
Supernatural transformation. Check.
Non-believers unable to get it. Check.
Sing to the choir. Check.

T

Moves
14 Nov 18

@suzianne said
First of all, my accusations are not "ill-considered". Your remarkable ego demands that you act as if you are the only one in this forum with a brain, but I assure you that this is not the case.

Yes, you accuse Christians. Yes, recently I have been accusing Christians. There is, however, a crucial difference. (hahhhh, see what I did there? Bah, nevermind...)

The d ...[text shortened]... hat Christianity is. Christianity is alive and well, as is our God and our Lord, Jesus, the Christ.
For Suzianne in case my response got lost in all the flotsam that's been posted since:

SOME "Christians" DO taint Christianity, but their creed is not what Christianity is. Christianity is alive and well, as is our God and our Lord, Jesus, the Christ.

Unfortunately it's much more than "SOME". In 2016 Trump had a 58%-39% margin over Clinton amongst Protestants. 52%-45% amongst Catholics.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

Given your views about Christians who vote Republican, how can you reasonably consider Christianity to be "alive and well"? To put it in perspective, note the percentages amongst non-Christians.

How can that possibly be?

Whether you want to admit it or not, Christianity does not have the gospel preached by Jesus as its foundation. Instead it has the gospel preached by Paul and his followers as its foundation. This is the underlying problem.

Your accusations appear to be borne from simple hate, you attack ALL Christians as having a hollow faith, while you yourself do not even believe.

I'm not "attack[ing] ALL Christians". Rather I'm pointing out that the foundation of Christianity is unsound - it's built upon sand. If the gospel preached by Jesus were the foundation of Christianity, only a small percentage of Christians would vote Republican - no less for the likes of Trump.

They make a mockery of what it actually means to be Christian. I do what I do because I AM a Christian. I love God, and I try to love my neighbor as I love myself, and I usually succeed, unless I am met with someone claiming to be like Jesus and yet they spit on Jesus; it's very hard to love these types of Christians.

Yes there are those who really do try to "love your neighbor as yourself". Unfortunately you're in the minority.

My accusations have been towards people who know better, and yet still cannot be bothered to do what they know is right.

No idea how you've drawn the conclusion that they "know better". Read their posts. They believe that they are "of [His] sheep", that they "hear His voice", that they "follow [Him]". They believe that they have been "born again" and are guided by the "Holy Spirit". The believe and are emboldened by the idea that they have "the word of God" as their foundation - no matter how far removed they are from "lov[ing] your neighbor as yourself".

Moves
14 Nov 18
1 edit

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
For Suzianne in case my response got lost in all the flotsam that's been posted since:

SOME "Christians" DO taint Christianity, but their creed is not what Christianity is. Christianity is alive and well, as is our God and our Lord, Jesus, the Christ.

Unfortunately it's much more than "SOME". In 2016 Trump had a 58%-39% margin over Clinton amongst Protestants ...[text shortened]... as their foundation - no matter how far removed they are from "lov[ing] your neighbor as yourself".
If you are using a political test to see if someone could possibly be a real Christian,
you've failed before you started.

T

Moves
14 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If you are using a political test to see if someone could possibly be a real Christian,
you've failed before you started.
If you're commenting without comprehending the discussion I've been having with Suzianne, "you've failed before you started". Given your posting history, you've no doubt failed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 18

@chaney3

Asked differently, was the Father also in the womb with Jesus?

Gets sort of silly, right?

They are difficult matters to express.
There is the limitation of human language.

The operation of any one of the three involves the other two.

When the NT says that God sent forth His Son born of a woman, some may assume that the Son came and the Father stayed where He was. But actually the Son came with the Father.

Jesus said that the One Who sent Him was with Him.
And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him. (John 8:29)

So I believe, coming even in the womb the Father was involved.

The same with the cross. I may not want to say the Father was born from Mary or the Father was nailed to the cross. But I would say that the Father was intimately involved as also was the Spirit. The three work always together.

There is a limitation of human language to fully express this mystery.
But we can enjoy its reality.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Nov 18
1 edit

Wait!! Before anything else. Listen along. Read along !
Come as you are.

There is a Fountain Filled With Blood

Moves
14 Nov 18

“A fountain filled with blood”

Sounds scriptural.