1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 17:02
    @sonship said
    @chaney3

The cross is great for salvation, but it doesn't benefit our life here, while we endure life on earth.

This is utter nonsense chaney3.

This is utter, 100% proof, vintage, unadulterated, world class nonsense.

Maybe you should spend a bit less time on Elvis and more reading some personal testimonies of people SAVED practically in the most difficult and perplexing problems of this present life by Jesus.
    Sonship, there is NO guarantee of a fruitful life just because your saved.

Being saved is for the afterlife, but your life here, on earth, can be filled with heartache and tragedy.

Joel Osteen tries to peddle a glorious life, once saved. It's hogwash.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 17:174 edits
    @chaney3

That is ANOTHER argument.
    There is no guarantee I will be a master at chess because I got a chess set and learned some rules.

I'll tell you what. If I had ten human lives to live on earth, I would not want to waste ONE of them NOT believing in Jesus Christ. Not ONE.

Being saved is for the afterlife,

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FALSE that Christ is only for after you die.

God's salvation is not ONLY for the unscriptural term "afterlife".

A little less time on entertainment and a little more on profitable New Testament study, history, and personal fellowship with Christians who daily live by and unto Jesus Christ.

Where do you live? ... in a private message, Maybe I can recommend some experienced Christians near you.
    Send a PM.

but your life here, on earth, can be filled with heartache and tragedy.

"In the world you will have tribulation. Fear not, I have overcome the world."

That is for divine endurance in the life that NOW IS.

John 16:33 is not vanity of Pie in the Sky when you die.
    It is solid HAM where I AM.

New American Standard Bible
    "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Joel Olsteen tries to peddle a glorious life, once saved. It's hogwash.

And I trashed ALL music because I don't like Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Come on Chaney3.
    You can't take the TV hype sensationalism as your end all be all standard Christian testimony.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 17:26
    @sonship said
    @chaney3

That is ANOTHER argument.
    There is no guarantee I will be a master at chess because I got a chess set and learned some rules.

I'll tell you what. If I had ten human lives to live on earth, I would not want to waste ONE of them NOT believing in Jesus Christ. Not ...[text shortened]... 3.
    You can't take the TV hype sensationalism as your end all be all standard Christian testimony.
    If Jesus took an active role in someone's life, then maybe they wouldn't commit suicide.

Many believers commit suicide because they feel abandoned.

One can only pray so much, and get silence in return.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 19:32
    @sonship said
    In the information age we all are being bombarded with special interest tricks, opinion engineering, opinion manipulating, attacking disagreement as quackery, bigotry, etc.

Former CBS Reporter Exposes Media Lies, Internet Shills & Astroturfing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s__qs0cBek
    Years ago when Clinton was president, and they were having a televised debate on healthcare, I saw how subtle it needed to be to be effective.

I was playing chess at a different chess site at the time, all real-time live games, one of the players there had a health issue. He was from Canada, so he was waiting for treatment for a serious issue. He died while online playing chess.

I wanted to know how they were going to handle this topic and it came up. When the topic of waiting came up the TV moderator went to a young women sitting in the audience and asked her. She immediately said the real issue is paperwork not waiting. The screen went to a prepared piece on paperwork that lasted for several minutes, then a commercial, when they came back they moved on to another topic.

Controlling what news is presented, and how it is presented is powerful. The more sources available the harder it is to direct a country down any path by sleight of hand.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 19:44
    @chaney3 said
    If Jesus took an active role in someone's life, then maybe they wouldn't commit suicide.

Many believers commit suicide because they feel abandoned.

One can only pray so much, and get silence in return.
    You really should study the Bible on your own. Prayerfully do a word study on prayer. Look for the truth and stop cursing the darkness, be part of the solution!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 19:47
    @chaney3

It is normal that our prayers be answered.
    The answer may be Yes or it may be No.

If uoiur prayers are not answered we need to locate what the problem is. There is a reason why your prayers are not getting through.

It could be some secret sin which you refuse to relinquish.
    It could be some barrier, some obstacle, something held in the heart which you need to repent of or let go of.

Christ needs to come into that vacuum where something else is stored which hinders your prayers.

My wife keeps a log of prayers and their answers.
    You have to also learn to pray according to God's will.

One of the best ways to do this is to USE words of the Bible as prayers, actually praying BACK to God His very words.

Prayers may not always change your CIRCUMSTANCES.
    But they will cause YOU to be changed.
    Prayers may not always change your situation.
    But they will cause you to be transformed and gain more Christ likeness.

It is NORMAL that we should have clear communcation with the Heavenly Father. If you do not you need to ASK Him WHY not. And open your ears and your heart with a willingness to be changed by the Spirit of Christ.

Your attitude may be wrong -

"God, I STAY THE SAME. YOU change everything about my circumstances that I don't like. But I REMAIN just ME."

This is wrong. Come in prayer to God with the expectation that He wants to make you more and more and more like Jesus Christ in every way.

Always come in prayer to God with some THANKSGIVING and some PRAISE. Ask that things be according to His will.

Above all, learn not just to pray when you are in TROUBLE.
    Instead build up a habit of spending SOME time in prayer every day, even when things seems to be going well.

Don't just come with "GIMME, GIMME, GIMME" when you are living nothing but your own self centered life with no thought for His kingdom and His plan.

Take some of these points to God in prayer in the name of Jesus. And you'll do better.

Also you might learn from some great prayers like Hudson Taylor, Andrew Murray, George Muller, Watchman Nee, William Wigglesworth, Margaret Barber. Spend some time on biographies of people who really knew how to pray.

I think George Muller is probably one of history's most powerfully successfully prayer warrior.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 20:30
    @kellyjay said
    You really should study the Bible on your own. Prayerfully do a word study on prayer. Look for the truth and stop cursing the darkness, be part of the solution!
    Great advice.

What a shame that if chaney3 doesn’t manage to make it, then he will be tortured alive for eternity by the very same person who loves him so much that they died for him.

Yeah..,that makes sense.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 20:51
    @divegeester said
    Great advice.

What a shame that if chaney3 doesn’t manage to make it, then he will be tortured alive for eternity by the very same person who loves him so much that they died for him.

Yeah..,that makes sense.
    There is no hell.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 02:29
    @chaney3 said
    This thread seems to be about Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.
    Why do you believe Jesus was making a "sacrifice" when he was executed by the Romans for sedition?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 03:29
    @fmf said
    Why do you believe Jesus was making a "sacrifice" when he was executed by the Romans for sedition?
    Jesus laid down His life for us but I doubt that was the real sacrifice for Him. It would have been taking our sins, because until then He was Holy. He paid for us completely so no charge could be laid at our feet in Him. Outside of Christ there is only condemnation.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 07:25
    @sonship said
    In the information age we all are being bombarded with special interest tricks, opinion engineering, opinion manipulating, attacking disagreement as quackery, bigotry, etc.

Former CBS Reporter Exposes Media Lies, Internet Shills & Astroturfing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s__qs0cBek
    What has this got to do with your error about a “fountain of blood”?

Have you found the scripture supporting it yet?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 07:26
    @kellyjay said
    Years ago when Clinton was president, and they were having a televised debate on healthcare, I saw how subtle it needed to be to be effective.

I was playing chess at a different chess site at the time, all real-time live games, one of the players there had a health issue. He was from Canada, so he was waiting for treatment for a serious issue. He died while online playing ...[text shortened]... l. The more sources available the harder it is to direct a country down any path by sleight of hand.
    What has this got to do with this thread and/or the sub topics within it?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 08:22
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus laid down His life for us but I doubt that was the real sacrifice for Him. It would have been taking our sins, because until then He was Holy. He paid for us completely so no charge could be laid at our feet in Him. Outside of Christ there is only condemnation.
    I obviously wasn't asking you for some unnecessary rote-learned dogma. I was asking chaney3 - specifically - why does he believe Jesus was making a "sacrifice" when he was executed by the Romans for sedition.

With chaney3 pretty clearly not being a Christian [he has admitted he doesn't find all the Bible credible and once described it as "buIIshlt" and "God" "worse than Hitler"] and, instead, with him just being a drunk online seeking the fawning indulgence of Christians, I wonder on the strength of *what* does he claim to believe the far-fetched human-sacrifice story created and attached to Jesus [decades after his execution] by people trying to create a new religion. You see, the question wasn't for you.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 08:26
    @fmf said
    I obviously wasn't asking you for some unnecessary rote-learned dogma. I was asking chaney3 - specifically - why does he believe Jesus was making a "sacrifice" when he was executed by the Romans for sedition.

With chaney3 pretty clearly not being a Christian [he has admitted he doesn't find all the Bible credible and once described it as "buIIshlt" and "God" "worse tha ...[text shortened]... fter his execution] by people trying to create a new religion. You see, the question wasn't for you.
    You don't know me.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '18 08:34
    @chaney3 said
    You don't know me.
    You are what you post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree