Moves
    14 Nov '18 22:261 edit
    @divegeester

“A fountain filled with blood”

Sounds scriptural.

Probably based on -
    Zechariah 13:1

Berean Study Bible
    On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the residents of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.

New American Standard Bible
    "In that day a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity.

Psssst .... but don't ask him.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 19:23
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

“A fountain filled with blood”

Sounds scriptural.

Probably based on -
    Zechariah 13:1

Berean Study Bible
    On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the residents of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.

New American Standard Bible
    "In that day a fountain wil ...[text shortened]... he inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity.

Psssst .... but don't ask him.
    Yes fountains full of WATER! Not blood.

Wrong again.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 21:573 edits
    @divegeester

Yes fountains full of WATER! Not blood.

Wrong again.

Where in Zechariah 13:1 is the word water?
    It just says "a fountain"
    We are talking about a SONG which is inspired by a verse in the Bible.

The song opens -

There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's vein. And sinners plunged beneath the flood lose all their guilty stain.

We Christians KNOW that that is true. And we know that we know.

Enter Divegeester, "That hymn is WRONG. It is a fountain of water"

Okay, where is your THOU SHALT NOT reference the FACT that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins? (1 John 1:8,9) . You're big on "Oh its a metaphor! Oh, its an allegory!" right??

Why the sudden shift to "Don't use as a metaphor. Don't use as an allegory."

Now let's see the verse and something of its context.
    In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity." (Zech. 13:1)

Divegeester, could you point out which words INSIST that the Holy Spirit could ONLY be referring to a WATER fountain? I don't see words INSISTING that it could only be a water fountain.

The incarnation of God as a man is one of the themes of the book of Zechariah It stands to reason then that the writer of the inspirational hymn said the fountain was drawn from Emmanual's veins. Emmanuel means "God with us" therefore highlighting that in Jesus Christ God took on flesh and blood.

Here's the Hymn which has been a comfort to thousands or more for years but failing to come up to Divegeester's approval.

YouTube
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 07:48
    @sonship said
    There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's vein. And sinners plunged beneath the flood lose all their guilty stain.

We Christians KNOW that that is true. And we know that we know.

Enter Divegeester, "That hymn is WRONG. It is a fountain of water"

Okay, wh ...[text shortened]... ars but failing to come up to Divegeester's approval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAUmM6I3bAU
    Where is the word “blood” in the scripture realated to the fountain?

No one cares about your “song” it’s just another one of your erroneous sources like where your space aliens claptrap came from. It’s more error!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 07:50
    There is NO fountain of blood sonship. There is only the blood of the lamb. You teach error vitually all of the time.

You quote from unreliable sources. Hymms another other authors are NOT infallible just because you happen to like them because they support your error.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 07:512 edits
    @sonship said
    We are talking about a SONG which is inspired by a verse in the Bible.

The song opens -

[b]There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel's vein. And sinners plunged beneath the flo ars but failing to come up to Divegeester's approval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAUmM6I3bAU
    You are making the claim that the fountain in scripture contains blood. The onus is on you to prove it.

A hymn is not proof, no matter how many old ladies in your sectish church like it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 14:045 edits
    @divegeester

Are you serious ?

I mean are you making this criticism with an actual serious expression on your face?

How could you possibly (supposedly as a theist regarding the teaching of Christ and the NT apostles) make such a complaint like this?

No one cares about your “song” it’s just another one of your erroneous sources like where your space aliens claptrap came from. It’s more error!

Plenty of people care about the fountain for sin and impurity which is OBVIOUSLY the blood and water that poured from the pierced side of the Son of God.

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water.

And he who has seen this has testified and his testimony is true; and he knows that his testimony is true, that you also may believe.( John 19:34,35)

The water, I believe, signified the Son of God's dispensing of divine life to man.

The blood signified the redeeming power of His death.

The song you say no one cares about? Here are its poetic lyrics that probably millions have cared about . (Repetitions abbreviated)

1. There is a fountain filled with blood
    drawn from Emmanuel's veins;
    and sinners plunged beneath that flood
    lose all their guilty stains.
    and sinners plunged beneath that flood
    lose all their guilty stains.

2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
    that fountain in his day;
    and there may I, though vile as he,
    wash all my sins away.
    and there may I, though vile as he,
    wash all my sins away.

3. Dear dying Lamb, thy precious blood
    shall never lose its power
    till all the ransomed church of God
    be saved, to sin no more.
    till all the ransomed church of God
    be saved, to sin no more.

4. E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
    thy flowing wounds supply,
    redeeming love has been my theme,
    and shall be till I die.
    redeeming love has been my theme,
    and shall be till I die.

5. Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
    I'll sing thy power to save,
    when this poor lisping, stammering tongue
    lies silent in the grave.
    when this poor lisping, stammering tongue
    lies silent in the grave.

copied from http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh622.sht
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 14:283 edits
    @divegeester

You are making the claim that the fountain in scripture contains blood. The onus is on you to prove it.

A hymn is not proof, no matter how many old ladies in your sectish church like it.

You have something against old ladies ?
    I thought you were the farthest thing from a BIGOT here!

How the mighty have fallen.

Look, Dive. Dust off the space alien thing and reuse that if you're running out of criticisms of redemption loving Christians - old and young, men and women and boys and girls.

By the way. That was not a congregation I meet with that sang that YouTube Hymn. They are dear Christian saints though.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 17:441 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Are you serious ?
    Of course, you are in error. Again.

Show me the scripture that talks about a “fountain of blood”?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '18 17:46
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You have something against old ladies ?
    I thought you were the farthest thing from a BIGOT here!

How the mighty have fallen.

Look, Dive. Dust o ...[text shortened]... not a congregation I meet with that sang that YouTube Hymn. They are dear Christian saints though.
    Old ladies, hymns, pamphlets, books, word of mouth.

None of these are valid as evidence of your “fountain of blood” error.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 15:28
    In the information age we all are being bombarded with special interest tricks, opinion engineering, opinion manipulating, attacking disagreement as quackery, bigotry, etc.

Former CBS Reporter Exposes Media Lies, Internet Shills & Astroturfing

YouTube
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 15:39
    How Real Is Fake News? | Sharyl Attkisson | TEDxUniversityofNevada

YouTube
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 16:07
    Thread update:

90 percent of suicides tragically have a link to mental health, and for this huge majority, Jesus has not rendered suicide obsolete.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 16:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Thread update:

90 percent of suicides tragically have a link to mental health, and for this huge majority, Jesus has not rendered suicide obsolete.
    If Jesus took an active part in someone's life, maybe they wouldn't commit suicide. But He's silent.

This thread seems to be about Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. But then Him staying out of people's lives doesn't do them any good.

The cross is great for salvation, but it doesn't benefit our life here, while we endure life on earth.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 16:551 edit
    @chaney3

The cross is great for salvation, but it doesn't benefit our life here, while we endure life on earth.

This is utter nonsense chaney3.

This is utter, 100% proof, vintage, unadulterated, world class nonsense.

Maybe you should spend a bit less time on Elvis and more reading some personal testimonies of people SAVED practically in the most difficult and perplexing problems of this present life by Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree