I absolutely believe in God...

I absolutely believe in God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Are you surprised that FMF hasn’t also been knifed or shot dead?
One takes such things in stride.

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I will acknowledge any positive "change" in chaney3's demeanour and behaviour when I see it. He continues to be fixated on certain posters, much like yourself, to a degree that is debilitating to the discussions at hand. And there is that constant undercurrent of self-pity he has used for years in his efforts to get Christians to indulge him. That's why I think Contentchess' non-Christian lament strikes a chord with chaney3.
Looking forward to your eventual complete depersonalization. 😉

What philosophical riches you might share with us clods and numpties after that threshold has been surpassed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
In a perfect world, we, all of man, would be his brother's keeper.

People were meant to ameliorate the suffering.

People have chosen not to, not God. It is our responsibility, as human beings.

This is the gist of what I meant when I made my post chiding him for his lack of concern for others, and then blaming God for that, which you unceremoniously decided to curbstomp.

I'm really tired of seeing people blaming God and then not doing the bare minimum to care for their neighbor that we are commanded to love as ourselves. It is hideously hypocritical. They watch the TV, say "Oh, how horrible," and then turn away back to their dinner, praying to God they're not next.

Damn few people on this planet follow Jesus' commandment to love their neighbor as themselves. If we did, everyone, not just the rich, not just the powerful, would be SO much better off. Most pain and suffering is not caused by God, but by other humans.

People who blame God are, in my opinion, just selfish. If you're going to blame God, rant and rave, and claim that he's evil for "doing this to us", then you can damn well roll up your sleeves and get involved to make the world, or at least your corner of it, a better place. Most who bitch just don't want to be bothered. And that is why pain and suffering persists and continues.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
One takes such things in stride.
Non sequitur

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@suzianne said
In a perfect world, we, all of man, would be his brother's keeper.

People were meant to ameliorate the suffering.

People have chosen not to, not God. It is our responsibility, as human beings.

This is the gist of what I meant when I made my post chiding him for his lack of concern for others, and then blaming God for that, which you unceremoniously decided to curbs ...[text shortened]... h just don't want to be bothered. And that is why pain and suffering persists and continues.
Excellent post, suzianne

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jan 22

@suzianne said
I'm really tired of seeing people blaming God and then not doing the bare minimum to care for their neighbor that we are commanded to love as ourselves. It is hideously hypocritical. They watch the TV, say "Oh, how horrible," and then turn away back to their dinner, praying to God they're not next.s.
Are you condemning Christians ? So with one mouth you support these born-again saved Christians here who proclaim they have the HolySpirit and eternal life and all their sins are forgiven and they do not have to do good works. Yet you fail to see the reason why they do not keep the commandments and will not help the poor and needy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Are you condemning Christians ? So with one mouth you support these born-again saved Christians here who proclaim they have the HolySpirit and eternal life and all their sins are forgiven and they do not have to do good works. Yet you fail to see the reason why they do not keep the commandments and will not help the poor and needy.
More irrational, carnal nonsense from you.

Christians with God’s indwelt Holy Spirit (i.e. all Christians) do plenty of good works and do their best to keep the commandments.

The difference between they and you is they do it out of love and gratitude for what Jesus Christ did for them and you do it out of fear and a sense of duty and obligation.

Whose way do you think is better?

Does the Holy Bible say God loves a giver or God loves a cheerful giver?

Does the Holy Bible say God looks on outward appearances or God looks on the heart?

PI
LEROYBROWN

south side of chitow

Moves
15 Jan 22