I absolutely believe in God...

I absolutely believe in God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
I've always believed in God because matter didn't create itself but organized religion was never an issue... or in my life.

I respect them but I don't believe in them.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@contenchess said
Exactly.
The only sense of God being hands on you're going to get is if your belief inspires you and gives you solace and purpose. You're not going to get the hands on thing from lamenting the state of the world and your personal ill-fortune.

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
The only sense of God being hands on you're going to get is if your belief inspires you and gives you solace and purpose. You're not going to get the hands on thing from lamenting the state of the world and your personal ill-fortune.
I can agree with that but what about the 6 year old girl who died from cancer?

The "extra" crap in this world isn't needed.

If I was God, stuff like that wouldn't exist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
It seems clear, from page 1, that Contentchess is not talking about the Christian God figure. This should be borne in mind.
Well, I think that’s disingenuous.

That’s like criticizing and slamming the president of the United States, but then saying you’re not talking about Joe Biden.

And yes, I’m aware people have different ideas and concepts about who God is, but when you consider three of the major world religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) accept the Old Testament and you consider the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and all the Messianic prophecies from the Old Testament that He fulfilled, I consider someone criticizing God to be criticizing the Triune God of Christianity (God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.)

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@contenchess said
I can agree with that but what about the 6 year old girl who died from cancer?
Believing she joined Jesus in heaven might help you come to terms with it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
This is a great point, FMF.

And not only being with Jesus, but having an eternity of problem-free and blissful living ahead of her.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Well, I think that’s disingenuous.
Well, I'm certainly not being disingenuous, and I don't think Contentchess is either.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
I think there is a reason people refer to dying as “going home,” as in going home to be with the Lord. This life is not only not all there is, it’s a drop in a bucket compared to the oceans of eternity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Well, I'm certainly not being disingenuous, and I don't think Contentchess is either.
I think it’s disingenuous to criticize “God” and then say you’re not criticizing the God of the Holy Bible.

If you want to play that game, identify the “God” you’re criticizing.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
This is a great point, FMF.

And not only being with Jesus, but having an eternity of problem-free and blissful living ahead of her.
Believing one has everlasting life gives a lot of people a sense of meaning and some solace in the face of the inevitability of death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
Believing one has everlasting life gives a lot of people a sense of meaning and some solace in the face of the inevitability of death.
Absolutely true, FMF.

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
If you want to play that game, identify the “God” you’re criticizing.
Contentchess seems to be angry with a creator entity that created "matter" and that's all. He has agreed with almost I have said to him with regard to his belief.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”

(James 4:14)