I absolutely believe in God...

I absolutely believe in God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Jan 22

@contenchess said
...and I absolutely hate the MotherF***er...

Born into poverty with alcoholic parents which caused a shyt life which caused many bad decisions...

Enough about me...What about them?
The kids born to die as kids.
The kids born with diseases.
What about natural disasters?
I saw a comedy western once and a girl said "what is Parkinson's?"
The reply was..."just another way for God to show us he loves us"
So where is this God Power?
Not on this planet.
Your hate has made you strong Skywalker.

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Your hate has made you strong Skywalker.
True. 😉

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
Very true 😉

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@Suzianne

Considering God created all and is all powerful then he is responsible for my examples of diseases killing innocent kids and natural disasters and many other things that are not needed in this world God created.

He/She/It could have easily created a different...slightly better world where those things don't happen. So why didn't God create that world instead of the one we have?
Or...why doesn't God change it?

Since I believe God absolutely exists it means God doesn't care. Maybe our belief that God is good is a mistake.

Me sitting at the hospital with dying kids would only make me hate God more.
99 kids die from cancer but one survives and I'm supposed to say that was a miracle from God?

That is ridiculous.

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
Maybe he believes God is a hands-off God and hates him because he thinks he should be hands-on.
This ⬆️ explains everything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@contenchess said
@Suzianne

Considering God created all and is all powerful then he is responsible for my examples of diseases killing innocent kids and natural disasters and many other things that are not needed in this world God created.

He/She/It could have easily created a different...slightly better world where those things don't happen. So why didn't God create that world inste ...[text shortened]... cancer but one survives and I'm supposed to say that was a miracle from God?

That is ridiculous.
<<Considering God created all and is all powerful then he is responsible for my examples of diseases killing innocent kids and natural disasters and many other things that are not needed in this world God created.>>

God didn’t create the world as it is right now. The world God created was perfect.

<<He/She/It could have easily created a different...slightly better world where those things don't happen.>>

God did just that.

<<So why didn't God create that world instead of the one we have?>>

He did.

<<Or...why doesn't God change it?>>

He will.

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”

(Revelation 21:1-5)

<<Since I believe God absolutely exists it means God doesn't care.>>

God made a way for men and women to be saved and at a great cost.

<<Maybe our belief that God is good is a mistake.>>

Are human beings responsible for anything that’s wrong in the world?

<<Me sitting at the hospital with dying kids would only make me hate God more.
99 kids die from cancer but one survives and I'm supposed to say that was a miracle from God?>>

Maybe it was and maybe it wasn’t. But the world is under a curse and I think everyone recognizes things aren’t as they should be. Some blame God. I blame humanity. But God gave us free will and with free will comes the ability to make bad decisions and the consequences that flow from them.

<<That is ridiculous.>>

I think what’s ridiculous is blaming God for misfortune in our lives and for everything that’s wrong with the world and giving human beings a pass.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Jan 22

@contenchess said
@Suzianne

He/She/It could have easily created a different...slightly better world where those things don't happen. So why didn't God create that world inste ...[text shortened]... cancer but one survives and I'm supposed to say that was a miracle from God?

That is ridiculous.
I'm not a believer, but I understand that religionists would have us believe that there is value in suffering which transcends our earthly existence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
I'm not a believer, but I understand that religionists would have us believe that there is value in suffering which transcends our earthly existence.
There’s value in suffering for righteousness’ sake.

“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.”

(Matthew 5:10-12)

“But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;”

(1 Peter 3:14)

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

@chaney3

Why not be a hands on God?
I would be.
Maybe he doesn't have the power we think he does.
Maybe he was only temporary.
Maybe he died.

A hands on God would be a lot better than what we have now.
Peace on Earth in an instant.
No hunger.
Enjoy life.

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

Contentious

Moves
08 Jan 22

Physically hurt? ...No

It's more of a raised in poverty and what is the point of this world kinda thing 🤔

c

Moves
08 Jan 22

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 22

I completely agree with you.....