"How can a God of love send anybody to Hell?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Oh here it comes the: "if you're a Christian you should be agreeing with me" tact.
divegeester, I've asked a direct question: "Have you or haven't you placed your personal faith in Jesus Christ?" You reply with: "Oh here it comes the: "if you're a Christian you should be agreeing with me" tact." Why so evasive?

Note: During the many years we've communicated with each other I've never seen you so deeply troubled and agitated.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Can you demonstrate where in the Bible suffering in hell is described using the word "eternal"?
No.

But this is what it does say in God's Word.

Revelation 14:9-11
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10-15
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (embolden mine)

Hell is not the final abode of the dead. Hell is like a holding cell till the judgement of those who will be 'cast' into the lake of fire are kept.

For ever and ever. Eternal torment. Very bad. Repulsive to think of. But the words are there written to see. I didn't make it up. It is what God's Word says.

What do you think I'm supposed to say or do about it? Why don't you read it and comment on what it says in the Bible and stop worrying about what I say?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
No.

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; a ...[text shortened]... y don't you read it and comment on what it says in the Bible and stop worrying about what I say?
I believe God's angels are the ones that cast them into the lake of fire.

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

(Matthew 13:24-30 NKJV)

Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

(Matthew 13:36-43 NKJV)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe God's angels are the ones that cast them into the lake of fire.

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares als ...[text shortened]... om of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

(Matthew 13:36-43 NKJV)
Yes, and it was angels that carried Lazarus to paradise.

I guess the angels do the heavy lifting. 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

No.

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; a ...[text shortened]... y don't you read it and comment on what it says in the Bible and stop worrying about what I say?
English Comprehension .. when God was sharing that you were in the other line getting a big mouth.

ONLY 3 BEINGS ARE TORMENTED.

Its not everyone.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
English Comprehension .. when God was sharing that you were in the other line getting a big mouth.

Its not everyone.
I got this feeling that it is more that three. Just saying.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999

Its not everyone.
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Of course it's not everyone Rajk. It's whosoever.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14
1 edit

No.

Revelation! Dude, this book is virtually all symbolic and metaphorical, you must realise this? You don't even know where the best scriptures are which support this heineous dogma. These are easily debunked.

I'm mean, do you really think that while these poor godless unfortunates are being eternally tortured with fire and brimstone that the angels and Jesus are standing there watching...arms folded...heads nodding.

Think about what you believe, don't just believe it.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14
1 edit

What do you think I'm supposed to say or do about it?
I think you need show some discernment and stop believing everything your pastor tells you.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
divegeester, I've asked a direct question: "Have you or haven't you placed your personal faith in Jesus Christ?" You reply with: "Oh here it comes the: "if you're a Christian you should be agreeing with me" tact." Why so evasive?

Note: During the many years we've communicated with each other I've never seen you so deeply troubled and agitated.
I'm deeply agitated because I cannot comprehend what ghastly notions of god fellow Christians believe. After my recent exchange with Kelly where he would allow a child to die rather than intervene with a JW parents right to withhold medication, this recent dip into the minds of the Christian fundamentalists makes me want to bang your heads together. What you believe about this dogma disgusts me.

Clear enough?

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I got this feeling that it is more that three. Just saying.
What in the name sanity has your "feelings" got to do with it?

This is about contending for the truth about a heinous dogma which (in my opinion) disparages the gospel and the nature of a redemptive loving god and you think the tingles up your spine in some way validate the error in your brain?

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

I'm deeply agitated because I cannot comprehend what ghastly notions of god fellow Christians believe.
Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime. Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this? Thread 158731. Although "The Lake Of Fire" is one of Grampy Bobby's favourite topics, he seemed essentially unavailable for comment, even though he has declared himself "immune to human criticism". 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Common misconception.

The word is "tack", like in sailing, not tact.

Tact is something amazingly few people in this forum have.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Common misconception.

The word is "tack", like in sailing, not tact.

Tact is something amazingly few people in this forum have.
Originally posted by divegeester (Page 8)
Oh here it comes the: "if you're a Christian you should be agreeing with me" tact.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 9)

> Noticed it during my reply to divegeester, Suzi, and figured it was a typo.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime. Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this? Thread 158731. Although "The Lake Of Fire" is one of Grampy Bobby's favourite topics, he ...[text shortened]... ly unavailable for comment, even though he has declared himself "immune to human criticism". 🙂
Originally posted by FMF (Page 6)
Over the years I have come to think that brandishing the most grotesque punitive scenario the human imagination has ever dredged up, in retaliation to people for not conforming or for having different beliefs ~ when one boils it right down ~ is rooted in a mish-mash of some sort of weird personal self-boosting 'despotic' self-image and an inability to process the fact that we all die. Grampy Bobby gets his forum kicks from saying over and over again that people with different beliefs than him will burn in agony for eternity. He has even declared himself to be immune from 'human criticism' for it. It is self-absorbed Christian misanthropy at its most ghastly and ludicrous.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby Reply (Page 6)
* "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." It grieves me to realize there's the possibility that some of my acquaintances and friends who contribute to this forum may be among them. -Bob Thread 157295

Originally posted by FMF (Page 9)
Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime. Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this? Thread 158731. Although "The Lake Of Fire" is one of Grampy Bobby's favourite topics, he seemed essentially unavailable for comment, even though he has declared himself "immune to human criticism". 🙂

> Here's your page six companion post for added emphasis.