"How can a God of love send anybody to Hell?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime. Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this? Thread 158731. Although "The Lake Of Fire" is one of Grampy Bobby's favourite topics, he ...[text shortened]... ly unavailable for comment, even though he has declared himself "immune to human criticism". 🙂
If they are convicted of sin, they are not innocent people.
Kelly

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
I have already had the light dawn; I am an ex-Christian as a result. But I am always curious about how people like you seem to have no idea how to communicate with non-believers, ex-believers, believers of other things and atheists. You even have difficulty communicating with some of your fellow Christians. So avoid answering point blank questions by all means; ...[text shortened]... st something from your imagination, I will be the first to let you know and thank you for it. 😀
Originally posted by FMF
"I have already had the light dawn; I am an ex-Christian as a result..."

How does a believer in Christ become "an ex-Christian"?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Revelation! Dude, this book is virtually all symbolic and metaphorical, you must realise this? You don't even know where the best scriptures are which support this heineous dogma. These are easily debunked.

I'm mean, do you really think that while these poor godless unfortunates are being eternally tortured with fire and brimstone that the angels and ...[text shortened]... watching...arms folded...heads nodding.

Think about what you believe, don't just believe it.
It's not symbolism to say that the dead, small and great, "stand before God".

It's not symbolism to say, "the dead were judged".

It's not symbolism to say, "...whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It is real. As real as you and I are posting in this thread. What I quoted from revelation will happen.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jul 14

I think you need show some discernment and stop believing everything your pastor tells you.
I believe what God says.

You should give it a try.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14
1 edit

I'm deeply agitated because I cannot comprehend what ghastly notions of god fellow Christians believe. After my recent exchange with Kelly where he would allow a child to die rather than intervene with a JW parents right to withhold medication, this recent dip into the minds of the Christian fundamentalists makes me want to bang your heads together. What you believe about this dogma disgusts me.

Clear enough?
Not only "clear enough" but your agitation makes sense with your recent overload of frustration from another thread.

F

Moves
25 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by FMF
"I have already had the light dawn; I am an ex-Christian as a result..."

How does a believer in Christ become "an ex-Christian"?
A believer in Christ becomes an ex-Christian by realizing that he was mistaken and that the he no longer believes or accepts the claims that Christians make about Christ.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
God creates earth and permits satan to mess with it

Man falls spiritually, genetically forever for all

God intervenes because of john 3:16 and sends himself, does the innocent death

The terrible price is paid ... for everyone

Writes book telling everyone about it

Some believe book - god is pleased because he loves them

Some don't believe book - they burn in hell for eternity while god watches with his angels

Yep, adds up.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
It's not symbolism to say that the dead, small and great, "stand before God".

It's not symbolism to say, "the dead were judged".

It's not symbolism to say, "...whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It is real. As real as you and I are posting in this thread. What I quoted from revelation will happen.
Yes I've read all of your words and nowhere did any of them join up and say "if you reject Jesus you will personally burn in hell for all eternity". Or indeed anything resembling that.

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

The issue here is people being punished simply for not believing something. You cannot force people to believe something by threatening to burn them in a furnace for eternity. The billions of people who are supposedly burning in hell now and will be doing so forever, for simply not believing what you believe, are innocent of any 'crime' that warrants such a ludicrously unjust punishment.

ENGLAND

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
I believe what God says.

You should give it a try.
I believe god is one - explicit in scripture and in keeping with the nature of god

I believe god is love - explicit in scripture and in keeping with the nature of god

I believe mercy trumphs over judgement - explicit in scripture and in keeping with the nature of god

What you believe is not explicit in scripture and is not in keeping with the nature of god.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14
2 edits

God creates earth and permits satan to mess with it

Man falls spiritually, genetically forever for all

God intervenes because of john 3:16 and sends himself, does the innocent death

The terrible price is paid ... for everyone

Writes book telling everyone about it

Some believe book - god is pleased because he loves them

Some don't believe book - they burn in hell for eternity while god watches with his angels

Yep, adds up.
Justice will be given to everyone, everyone will see all things that are
currently kept in the dark at this time. Those things we do in secret will
be brought out into the light, those things we paint to look one way
when they are really another will be on full display. No one will go to Hell
without good cause, you may dislike it, but that will change nothing.
Every idle word will be brought up and we will give an account.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
The issue here is people being punished simply for not believing something. You cannot force people to believe something by threatening to burn them in a furnace for eternity. The billions of people who are supposedly burning in hell now and will be doing so forever, for simply not believing what you believe, are innocent of any 'crime' that warrants such a ludicrously unjust punishment.
Sin will be the cause, that is the only crime one is going to go to Hell
for.
Kelly

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

for.
Is that what you understand Grampy Bobby's ideology to be?

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

for.
On another thread you told me that you can sin and still avoid going to "hell" because Jesus has already "paid for your sins" and because you "have Jesus in your life". Can someone who does not believe in Jesus at all avoid going to "hell"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Is that what you understand Grampy Bobby's ideology to be?
You are better off asking Grampy Bobby about his ideology than me.
I have enough to deal with, with my own ideology.
Kelly