Hitting children.

Hitting children.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Aug 20

@divegeester said
Your techniques seem to be effective without being overly punitive. I like the idea that your displeasure is worth more than perhaps a denial of toys or something. I would imagine that consistency is important.
Any teachers here will know that the majority of any class crave the teacher's
approval, "punishment" therefore is not giving attention. The children this does
not work with are, in my experience, from damaged homes.

And yes consistency. Hard to do sometimes (we all have our moods) but essential.

IP

Moves
22 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Blameless? There is no such thing. It is the parents fault to a large extent that these kids, teens etc are screwed up, but they have to take blame and accept responsibility for their actions. As long as there is an understanding of right and wrong then they have chosen the wrong path. They will face the consequences.

Even 5 yr olds know that they must not hit or bully oth ...[text shortened]... om others. 13 yr olds know they should not do drugs and carry knives and guns. They are accountable.
'Neither did I ever blame kids.' Your words, and now you're blaming kids. If you keep contradicting yourself people aren't going to take what you say seriously.

Do you agree that there are different levels of accountability between a five year old and a twenty five year old? Whether you do or not, the point is that hitting a five year old is nothing less than an act of sadism, and an admission of your own inadequacy. There is never any excuse or justification for hitting a five year old child, or a thirteen year old child.

IP

Moves
22 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Christians follow churches, not the bible. Strangely it is the Chinese and Japanese that follow the bible in rearing children.
For somebody who doesn't follow the bible, you quote from it rather a lot.

IP

Moves
22 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
I brought up that passage because you twisted the Proverbs one with the 'rod' to mean something else. The rod of correction is physical punishment. Your explanation is nonsense.

The decision about gays and adulterers is for governments and ruling authorities to make. I have no opinion on that.
You have no opinion as to whether homosexuals should be stoned to death? Go on, have a go at thinking for yourself, you might find it liberating.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
For somebody who doesn't follow the bible, you quote from it rather a lot.
How did you arrive at the conclusion that I dont follow the bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
You have no opinion as to whether homosexuals should be stoned to death? Go on, have a go at thinking for yourself, you might find it liberating.
Homosexuals and adulterers are not my concern. They will face the authorities and/or God at the appointed time.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
'Neither did I ever blame kids.' Your words, and now you're blaming kids. If you keep contradicting yourself people aren't going to take what you say seriously.

Do you agree that there are different levels of accountability between a five year old and a twenty five year old? Whether you do or not, the point is that hitting a five year old is nothing less than an ac ...[text shortened]... s never any excuse or justification for hitting a five year old child, or a thirteen year old child.
Of course there are different levels of accountability between a child and adult, but there is still accountability. However
.- hitting a 5 yr old who is HITTING OTHERS, is NECESSARY.
- KILLING a 13 yr old who is carrying a gun and a potential killer IS NECESSARY.

You are the reason why this society is screwed up and heading into the gutter. Your type is the reason why killers get through to go on a rampage and shoot up a whole school killing dozens.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Aug 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I brought up that passage because you twisted the Proverbs one with the 'rod' to mean something else. The rod of correction is physical punishment. Your explanation is nonsense.

The decision about gays and adulterers is for governments and ruling authorities to make. I have no opinion on that.
No I didn’t, and no it isn’t.

You can dodge my question all you like, you’re in a hole of your own making and the only way out is up.

Here you go.

@rajk999 said
Are you saying that the word of God is not appropriate?

divegeester replied
Are you suggesting that the stoning of adulterers and homosexuals is still good advice in this age?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Aug 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
He possibly means you only follow the bits which suit you. As you’ve honestly said on the previous page.

@divegeester said
So you approve of the selective reading of scripture then?

Jajk999 replied
Yes.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Homosexuals and adulterers are not my concern. They will face the authorities and/or God at the appointed time.
“Authorities”?

IP

Moves
23 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
'Christians follow churches, not the bible.' Didn't make any sense to me, either, but you said it.

IP

Moves
23 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Of course there are different levels of accountability between a child and adult, but there is still accountability. However
.- hitting a 5 yr old who is HITTING OTHERS, is NECESSARY.
- KILLING a 13 yr old who is carrying a gun and a potential killer IS NECESSARY.

You are the reason why this society is screwed up and heading into the gutter. Your type is the reason why killers get through to go on a rampage and shoot up a whole school killing dozens.
You're clearly getting worked up about this, try to calm down. It isn't necessary to hit a five year old or kill a thirteen year old, and I'm not the reason why this society (which society?) is heading into the gutter (you credit me with too much influence)

IP

Moves
23 Aug 20

@divegeester said
“Authorities”?
You know, the authorities...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 20

@divegeester said
“Authorities”?
Government.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
You're clearly getting worked up about this, try to calm down. It isn't necessary to hit a five year old or kill a thirteen year old, and I'm not the reason why this society (which society?) is heading into the gutter (you credit me with too much influence)
I think we understand each other. Next Topic.