Hitting children.

Hitting children.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 20

@divegeester said
Then why make the assertion if you don’t care about it and can’t back it up?
I think you are disappointed that your own country failed to enforce the lows and commandments of God while other lesser ones have done a better job of it. Gods judgment on the UK might very well be a terrible and unbearable one ... coming soon.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
What I said is that 5 yr olds who deserve a spanking should get one.
What on earth could a 5 year-old do to deserve a spanking?
This is insane!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 20
1 edit

@wolfgang59 said
What on earth could a 5 year-old do to deserve a spanking?
This is insane!
You need to get out of your little middle class suburban town in Australia and see the real world once in a while.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
However
.- hitting a 5 yr old who is HITTING OTHERS, is NECESSARY.
Classic.
You know that it is a PROVEN FACT that children learn through mimicry?
They will do as you do (and not as you say).

So when you hit a 5 year-old, he is learning that to get your own way you hurt
others. And he will soon be role-playing that scenario and then acting it out.

I had a foster-son. For a month, almost daily he would thump me. He was
a big 10 year-old so it wasn't pleasant. Towards the end of the month he
finally asked why I didn't hit him back. He stopped hitting me shortly after.

His father had been very "strict" (a euphemism for violent) and his mother
had called the police on him 3 times, but he continued hitting his siblings
and mother. Spankings had not worked well with him. mmm Why not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 20
2 edits

@wolfgang59 said
Classic.
You know that it is a PROVEN FACT that children learn through mimicry?
They will do as you do (and not as you say).

So when you hit a 5 year-old, he is learning that to get your own way you hurt
others. And he will soon be role-playing that scenario and then acting it out.

I had a foster-son. For a month, almost daily he would thump me. He was
a big ...[text shortened]... he continued hitting his siblings
and mother. Spankings had not worked well with him. mmm Why not?
Seen kids in Walmart throwing tantrum, cursing their mother and rolling on the floor screaming as if someone was killing them? Well a good woooping will end that.

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; But the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15 ASV)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Aug 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I think you are disappointed that your own country failed to enforce the lows and commandments of God while other lesser ones have done a better job of it. Gods judgment on the UK might very well be a terrible and unbearable one ... coming soon.
What I’m disappointed in is that you’ve turned out to be the religionist I initially thought you were a few years ago, rather than the one someone convinced me you probably were.

Your religion would make me quite unhappy and it is a tough enough existence without all this Old Testament judgmental rhetoric you are preaching, which is ugly to be honest.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Aug 20

I've always been partial to submission holds. People always seem to miss them in debates like this one.

S. Korea

Moves
24 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
Any teachers here will know that the majority of any class crave the teacher's
approval, "punishment" therefore is not giving attention. The children this does
not work with are, in my experience, from damaged homes.

And yes consistency. Hard to do sometimes (we all have our moods) but essential.
Usually, children enjoy the attention of the other students, and thus having allies who are entertained by their antics will encourage the behavior.

If the kids are not ignored by their own friends in this case, the teachers approval isn't that important,, IMO.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
You need to get out of your little middle class suburban town in Australia and see the real world once in a while.
My suburb is not middle class and not in Australia.
Apart from that you are bang on.

Now, answer the question. What does a 5 year-old do to deserve a spanking?

And are spankings dependent on class and geography?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Aug 20

@philokalia said
Usually, children enjoy the attention of the other students, and thus having allies who are entertained by their antics will encourage the behavior.

If the kids are not ignored by their own friends in this case, the teachers approval isn't that important,, IMO.
I presume you're not a teacher so your classroom experience is probably
a little less than mine and less than the educational psychologists who
analyse classroom behaviour and produce peer-reviewed papers.

Or maybe not?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Seen kids in Walmart throwing tantrum, cursing their mother and rolling on the floor screaming as if someone was killing them? Well a good woooping will end that.

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; But the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15 ASV)
No.
It will suspend that behaviour. Not end it.

Why is the kid behaving like that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Aug 20

@bigdoggproblem said
I've always been partial to submission holds. People always seem to miss them in debates like this one.
Ha!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 20

@divegeester said
What I’m disappointed in is that you’ve turned out to be the religionist I initially thought you were a few years ago, rather than the one someone convinced me you probably were.

Your religion would make me quite unhappy and it is a tough enough existence without all this Old Testament judgmental rhetoric you are preaching, which is ugly to be honest.
Ok. What I believe should not affect your happiness. Your beliefs have no effect on me. If you for one minute think that religion, Christianity, God, Christ should make you feel nice and happy all the time then you are sadly mistaken.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
No.
It will suspend that behaviour. Not end it.

Why is the kid behaving like that?
The kid has not been taught good discipline, and he believes that there is no punishment they can dish out that he fears. Going in the corner for an hour, depriving him of his toys, his snacks, etc is petty punishment for him. According to the bible these parents do not love their kids because they failed to discipline him.

He that spareth his rod hateth his son; But he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. (Proverbs 13:24 ASV)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Aug 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
What I believe should not affect your happiness. Your beliefs have no effect on me. If you for one minute think that religion, Christianity, God, Christ should make you feel nice and happy all the time then you are sadly mistaken.
It doesn’t.
That’s good.
I don’t.