Hitting children.

Hitting children.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
In the last 4 or 5 decades the following have risen sharply:
- disobedience to parents and teachers
- delinquency and insolence in schools
- bullying in schools
- decline of family life and values
- violence in schools including mass shootings.

Kids in these times need to be put back in their rightful place.
A good whooping is sometimes needed.
So says God. You are free to disagree of course.
In the last 4 or 5 decades car ownership has increased too.
And I don't accept your "data" unless you can support it which I doubt.
So your argument is down to "so says god"

What if my god says "Thou shalt not hit children"
What do we do then?
Have a religious war?
Or look at the evidence, the facts and the opinions of experts.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
In the last 4 or 5 decades the following have risen sharply:
- violence in schools including mass shootings.
This is jaw-droppingly ignorant.

Mass shootings caused by a lack of corporal punishment!
You need help.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Aug 20

@philokalia said
It is also legitimate for Police to actively smack about people who are resisting arrest, isn't it?
Not where I live it isn't!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Aug 20

@philokalia said
I think the issue is that a kid gets spanked if he refuses to adhere to the initial punishment given out, right.
So we have a punishment before spanking?
Give me an example of this escalating chastisement.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
What would you say is the reason for the decline in discipline in British schools compared to say Japanese or Chinese schools ?
The Japanese and Chinese stone parents who separate?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 20
1 edit

@wolfgang59 said
So we have a punishment before spanking?
Give me an example of this escalating chastisement.
How do you discipline your children?

Edit: serious question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
If I bent you over and spanked you that would be ...

What exactly?
Something I’d buy a beer to be able to watch

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 20

@divegeester said
The Japanese and Chinese stone parents who separate?
Do you have something of substance about why the UK has a problem with delinquent teens?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 20

@wolfgang59 said
This is jaw-droppingly ignorant.

Mass shootings caused by a lack of corporal punishment!
You need help.
Oh .. sorry, mass shootings are caused by the availability of guns.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
Do you have something of substance about why the UK has a problem with delinquent teens?
I’m not claiming that child discipline isn’t required, I’m questioning your use of Old Testament scripture to support smacking when the same scriptures also support stoning people to death for various things.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 20

@divegeester said
I’m not claiming that child discipline isn’t required, I’m questioning your use of Old Testament scripture to support smacking when the same scriptures also support stoning people to death for various things.
I dont agree with your all or nothing approach to the Old Testament.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I’m not “all or nothing” about the Old Testament.

I’m questing your use of Old Testament scripture to support smacking when the same scriptures also support stoning people to death for various things.

IP

Moves
21 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
So the Old Testament (what your god says) is wrong in your opinion apart from the bits that you agree with; doesn't hold much intellectual or spiritual water really, does it?

The rise in teenage delinquency and disobedience to which you refer is indeed a problem, and oft times children arrive at school in no mental or emotional state to be taught; teachers are there to teach, and should be there for no other reason. So, on this we agree, but the blame for this doesn't lie with the children. We can blame deep - seated problems within our 'advanced' western society, bad parenting and so on, and these are variously contributory factors, however if a parent (or teacher) has to resort to physical violence then the child is lost.

Violence breeds violence, and is the last resort of the ignorant; cliches indeed, but cliches are often cliches because they are true. There is never any excuse or justification for hitting a child.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Aug 20

@indonesia-phil said
So the Old Testament (what your god says) is wrong in your opinion apart from the bits that you agree with; doesn't hold much intellectual or spiritual water really, does it?

The rise in teenage delinquency and disobedience to which you refer is indeed a problem, and oft times children arrive at school in no mental or emotional state to be taught; teachers are there ...[text shortened]... often cliches because they are true. There is never any excuse or justification for hitting a child.
I never said anything God said is wrong. Neither did I ever blame kids. Your notion that ... .. we can blame deep - seated problems within our 'advanced' western society,.. ... is complete nonsense. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of parents who have neglected their duty to bring up kids properly, as recommended here by Paul

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honor thy father and mother (which is the first commandment with promise), that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but nurture them in the chastening and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:1-4 ASV)

Again you are very wrong in stating ..there is never any excuse or justification for hitting a child.. That is utter nonsense. in some parts of the world kids move around with guns and weapons, killing innocent people. These killer kids need to be killed. There are bullies in schools and in society, ie kids who hit others. These kids need to be treated in like manner.

Your philosophy which unfortunately is widespread is the reason why society is in such a mess.

IP

Moves
22 Aug 20

@rajk999 said
I never said anything God said is wrong. Neither did I ever blame kids. Your notion that ... .. we can blame deep - seated problems within our 'advanced' western society,.. ... is complete nonsense. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of parents who have neglected their duty to bring up kids properly, as recommended here by Paul

[i]Children, obey your paren ...[text shortened]... r.

Your philosophy which unfortunately is widespread is the reason why society is in such a mess.
So now you advocate acts of physical violence against blameless children, and infanticide/homicide (depending I suppose upon the age of the person to be killed) if the situation calls for it. Read this through a couple of times and see what you come up with.

I believe I mentioned parental responsibility in my last post, but punishing children for the shortcomings of their parents isn't going to solve anything.

Once again, there is never any excuse or justification for hitting a child.