Hitler

Hitler

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

apathist: Babies have a sinful nature?

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Have you never seen a baby have a fit of rage?
Are you saying that a baby crying is an example of "sin"?

You're not sumydid returning to the forum with a different ID are you?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Jan 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Are you saying that a baby crying is an example of "sin"?

You're not sumydid returning to the forum with a different ID are you?
No I was implying that a baby having a fit of rage could be an example of their sinful nature.

"Sumydid"?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

No I was implying that a baby having a fit of rage could be an example of their sinful nature.
Are you seriously claiming that a baby crying could be an example of "sin"?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

"sumydid"?
One of the ugliest Christians to have ever graced this community ~ and a chip-spitting American far-right boggle-eyed conspiracy theorist to boot ~ who thought that a baby crying was an example of human evil.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
One of the ugliest Christians to have ever graced this community ~ and a chip-spitting American far-right boggle-eyed conspiracy theorist to boot ~ who thought that a baby crying was an example of human evil.
I was going to say that sumydid also said that he would not object if the government in the country where he lived executed homosexuals for being homosexuals, but the poster who said that is Eladar and not sumydid.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you seriously claiming that a baby crying could be an example of "sin"?
So in your mind a 'baby crying' and a baby 'having fit of rage' is one and the same thing? Do you challenge this on the basis that you don't believe in the concept of sin or on the basis that a 'fit of rage' does not qualify as sin?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

So in your mind a 'baby crying' and a baby 'having fit of rage' is one and the same thing?
You are dodging a point blank question about babies that was posed in direct response to something you said. Are you seriously claiming that a baby crying - or being in what you call a "rage" - could be an example of "sin"?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

Do you challenge this on the basis that you don't believe in the concept of sin or on the basis that a 'fit of rage' does not qualify as sin?
"Sin" is defined as disobeying a God figure's will. A baby cannot be disobeying a God figure when it is crying - or "in a rage" as you put it.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are dodging a point blank question about babies that was posed in direct response to something you said. Are you seriously claiming that a baby crying - or being in what you call a "rage" - could be an example of "sin"?
I have never said that a 'baby crying' and a baby having a 'fit of rage' is the same thing. You did. I believe there are times when a baby can cry without having a fit of rage. Apparently you don't. That is your problem not mine.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Jan 17

Originally posted by FMF
"Sin" is defined as disobeying a God figure's will. A baby cannot be disobeying a God figure when it is crying - or "in a rage" as you put it.
Yes and that is why I said, 'sinful nature' and not 'sin'. Or do you not know what the difference is?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

Yes and that is why I said, 'sinful nature' and not 'sin'. Or do you not know what the difference is?
How does a baby "in a rage" exhibit a "nature" of being inclined not to obey the will of your God figure? Tell me.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

You did. I believe there are times when a baby can cry without having a fit of rage. Apparently you don't. That is your problem not mine.
Do you seriously claim that a baby being in what you call a "rage" could be an example of "sin" in so far as it confirms, in your mind, that babies have a "sinful nature"?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How does a baby "in a rage" exhibit a "nature" of being inclined not to obey the will of your God figure? Tell me.
Maybe that was not the best example. If you think about it though, no one has to teach a child to lie or be selfish; rather, we go to great lengths to teach children to tell the truth and put others first. Sinful behavior comes naturally. Do you reject the premise that 'sinful behavior comes naturally'?

F

Moves
08 Jan 17
1 edit

Maybe that was not the best example.
And yet your ideology and mindset resulted in you blurting it out.

F

Moves
08 Jan 17

Do you reject the premise that 'sinful behavior comes naturally'?
I believe there is no such thing as "sin" except in the minds of people who are convinced that there is a supernatural being whose will has been revealed and who perceive themselves [and other people who believe that such "sin" exists] to be disobeying instructions that comprise that "will".