"Having the indwelt Holy Spirit"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Feb 18

FMF: The OP is asking about evidence of these things being manifested in this community on this message board and not claims people make about themselves in statements or using Bible quotes.

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Taking insults on the chin and responding with love does not come naturally. What is your explanation for it?
In your case, I would suggest it's self-deluded, insincere, pretentious claptrap about the supernatural realm.

S. Korea

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I'm afraid I am going to have to cast you down with the detritus of these fora.

I quoted from the website of the national autistic organisation - I'm pretty confident that they have more of an inkling about autism than you do.

Who gives a shlt what "people on the internet" refer to!!?

I've rarely seen someone arrive at RHP and step in as many m ...[text shortened]... ical cow-pats as you have.

No we will never be friends and yes it does matter what you post.
No, it's fine. It's funny and good material that is often delivering very well on the topic.

I can accept, though, that people get triggered soemtimes.

I do not bear grudges.

But sensitivity does not become a man.... I am not sure, though, are you a man?

S. Korea

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Can you provide an 'operative definition' usage of autism that isn't stereotyping, trivializing and offensive to people with the 'clinical definition' of autism?

Thanks.
Here are soem cool definitions:

A condition characterized by obsessive interests and a lack of eye contact.Asperger Syndrome has many facets involving a difficulty in communication and inability to grasp social situations and body language. Sufferers report an interest in minor and trivial details, rather than being able to see the bigger picture. They also find 'small talk' difficult.Sufferers also get absorbed in their own head space and find relationships difficult. They also have a tendency to take words and phrases literally, e.g. If someone with Asperger's saw a sign in a telephone bill paying shop stating "cash point" the AS suffer would assume cash point meant an ATM cash machine and would go to draw money out of it.AS sufferers tend to prefer the company of pets and animals and shun the limelight.They can also have temper tantrums and indulge in activities called stimming which is hand flapping or other none verbal gestures such as finger flicking - sufferers of Asperger Syndrome do this when under stress or pressure.Asperger syndrome is a big subject and their are countless different personality types and subcategories of illness/condition.Sufferers are often referred to as eccentric or weird. Everyone with Asperger Syndrome is different.Asperger Syndrome is a form of Autism.
Autism and Asperger's Syndrome and Psychotherapy: Understanding Asperger Perspectives
by Paula Jacobsen - Psychology - 2003 - 171 pages

I was actually a bit surprised because Urban Dictionary went through a PC phase and scrubbed their definitions of lol ones besides the above.

So we have to rely a bit on encyclopedia dramatica:

Butif you want something good, go to the encyclopedia dramatica's entry on asperger's or something.

Sorry, the material is vanishing because of no-fun types.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
I was actually a bit surprised because Urban Dictionary went through a PC phase and scrubbed their definitions of lol ones besides the above.

So we have to rely a bit on encyclopedia dramatica:

Butif you want something good, go to the encyclopedia dramatica's entry on asperger's or something.

Sorry, the material is vanishing because of no-fun types.
So, let me know if I have this straight.

Making fun of people with acute or chronic conditions is "fun" for you?

Ok, here's one for you. I'm a Type 1 diabetic, which means that in order to live a life as close to normal as I can, I must rely on insulin, given either through an insulin pump or, the old-fashioned way, with a syringe. This condition is also acute and chronic, and I'll probably end up dying due to one of the many dozens of complications involved.

You got any jokes for me in your "fun" bag?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 18
1 edit

The guy who killed all those kids and teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT about three years ago had Asperger Syndrome if my memory’s right.

S. Korea

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne

Ok, here's one for you. I'm a Type 1 diabetic, which means that in order to live a life as close to normal as I can, I must rely on insulin, given either through an insulin pump or, the old-fashioned way, with a syringe. This condition ...[text shortened]... one of the many dozens of complications involved.

Aw but that isn't funny because it doesn't effect your behavior that much.

Glad to see you white knighting, though, and policing language.

Unsurprising!

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

F

Moves
16 Feb 18

You know what, I think that what actually matters is that, even if I extend these words with litle hope and with a hint of sarcasm...

I'd literally be a really good friend to anyone here in the sense that I am a hyper-social person who woudl love you to come to Korea and enjoy some extensive beers and chess matches in my favorite hang-outs.

Seriously, if any ya'll ever come here I'll take you out to some good eats & drinks and will buy you a dinner as my guest.

None of these debates matter and none of our disagreements matter, and this is what makes the most sarcastic and smarmy politeness I put out meaningful.

Don't believe me?

Hey, I've always meant ot take a vacation in Indonesia. I even thought of going there this summer or next winter (taking a big Euro vacation in 2019 to visit some of my acnestors grave and celebrate my cousins 50th). Maybe we'll get some pics of FMF & I on Surf Boards.

Because that's who I am.

Actually, you're wrong.

People regularly refer to the behavior I described as autistic on the internet.

There's a clinical definition and an operative definition.

You know what, I'm a bit chubby. Make some fat jokes. It's fine. I dig it. it's legit.

It's called... Having thick skin and living well no matter what anyone says.

I treat autistic people with respect and loving kindness in real life, and when I make funny observations on the internet I realize taht I am not immune to the jokes or anything, and I try to brign us all down to a FUN level.

You know, the Internet is not serious business, my friend.

That's the truth.

And truth be told: I am drinking. Have been dirnking for 6-7 hours. I am a big guy, though, and a big drinker, so even a liter of the vodka and some beer still has me on the better side of drunk.

But still, my lips are looser, and I will say that this is a true statement.

There is no possibility of spiritual growth without humility.

I am no better than anyone here. Just look at my ELO. I am NOT a good chess player and blunder frequently. I blunder in my conversations.

I try to be legitimately as friendly and forgiving as possible but it does come off as ingenuine sometimes, and sometimes I am overtly a bit hostile.

Yeah, but look at what I deal with. I am not a Saint and cannot uphold my goal all the time.

But hey, forgive me, guys. At the end of the day the promise stands -- I will buy you dinner and drinks if you come out here and I will be a gracious person regardless of your religious or political beliefs, or your race, gender, sexuality, ability or disability, etc.

I would rather die than be thought of as a petty, vindictive man.

May I be inflicted with disease & rot in the grave before the year is out before I be found to be inhospitable, cruel, petty, or vidnictive to others in a serious, real life situation.

No, it's fine. It's funny and good material that is often delivering very well on the topic.

I can accept, though, that people get triggered soemtimes.

I do not bear grudges.

But sensitivity does not become a man.... I am not sure, though, are you a man?

After reading all this self-pitying/self-promoting drivel, I shall be giving you a wide berth. Good luck finding "friends" here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Feb 18

It's funny and good material that is often delivering very well on the topic.
My nephew will never lead a normal life due to his extreme autism and over the years my sister has sometimes been on the verge of a breakdown. I know several people with mentally disabled children who struggle through life to give their kids the love and normality they deserve.

But you rail on Jacob Verville; you look as much a prick in the real world as your personna here reveals.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Feb 18

That's the truth.

And truth be told: I am drinking. Have been dirnking for 6-7 hours. I am a big guy, though, and a big drinker, so even a liter of the vodka and some beer still has me on the better side of drunk.

😉 honesty in public forum is admirable , but easier when drunk

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
The guy who killed all those kids and teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT about three years ago had Asperger Syndrome if my memory’s right.
And your point is?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne

Ok, here's one for you. I'm a Type 1 diabetic, which means that in order to live a life as close to normal as I can, I must rely on insulin, given either through an insulin pump or, the old-fashioned way, with a syringe. This condition ...[text shortened]... one of the many dozens of complications involved.

On a rare occiasion I am right in there with you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Feb 18

That's the truth.

Have you met @chaney3?

S. Korea

Moves
16 Feb 18

My nephew will never lead a normal life due to his extreme autism and over the years my sister has sometimes been on the verge of a breakdown. I know several people with mentally disabled children who struggle through life to give their kids the love and normality they deserve.

But you rail on Jacob Verville; you look as much a prick in the real world as your personna here reveals.
Hey bro, I am sorry to hear about your bad situation.

I'll keep you in my prayers. 🙂

S. Korea

Moves
16 Feb 18

Have you met @chaney3?
No.